• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

smileys

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've made some of the smileys on this website using Adobe Photoshop.

Easiest thing to do for non-moving smilies is to copy and paste a basic smiley and then modify the image with the image editing software of your choice. For example I did most of the "national" smileys that are available here, the ones with the flags, those took a couple minutes each by simply attaching flag images to smileys.
:Austria: :TEXAS: :smileICEflag: :flagcan: :bunnies: :smileyAUS:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I do a save as in photoshop 7 I see gif as a possible file type.
The Gif Construction Kit simply made it so easy that I've never tried to create a gif file with photoshop.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You can right click and save as and the animated smilies will save as a file. That is all I ever use.:clap:

davbell22602

I know of mac program I used in school back in 95. It was called hypercard. You could make movement stuff and add sound too.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There used to be a shareware version of the Gif Construction Kit. Gives you a chance to try it out before paying for it. They got me hooked and I gladly paid the 25 bucks for it. With luck it might still be available for download.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If it is by "Mindworks" that is the one. I suspect it is one and the same. Good luck.

davbell22602

Ok, I downloaded the evaluation one. So what do I do now? Is any others programs that are good to go will it? I also found the apple hypercard too but I need mac to win software convertor for the .bin format.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
you need the images that will make up the gif. If you do not already have those you can use photoshop to create them and the gif construction kit to assemble and create the .gif.

www.htmlgoodies.com has a pretty good tutorial that will show you step by step.