• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rum !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I use to drink good Scotch upteen years ago . Then I switched to hi test Brandy and Cognac . Now for the last few years I been on a Rum Kick .

I sound like a drunk but i only drink while I am awake . :wink:

My favorite Rum is Ron Abuelo 12 year . Its hard to find in the states .
How can Rums have such a high degree of variation in taste ??? I tried some Capt. Morgan and thought I had been poisoned . That stuff is God Awful !! Bacardi is not much better ! Looking for new answers to the age old question.... Where can I get a good Drink ????:unsure:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Rum is good, but only the really dark stuff. Myer's Dark Rum is the best mainstream brand.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Rum is good, but only the really dark stuff. Myer's Dark Rum is the best mainstream brand.

HEY !!!! I forgot about that one ! Thanks . I'll give it a try with breakfast !!!

Last edited:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with the others as rum is about the only alcohol I will drink other than an occasional beer (Amber Bock only). I've never been much on the spiced rums like Morgan's or the white rums. I like the dark rums myself as they are just smoother to me.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I enjoy Meyers when times are good and cash is flush, but If I just want a cheap bender, a $10 bottle of Lady Bligh and Diet Coke will work just fine.

89904.jpg

I did have soem good rums at the Bacardi factory the last time I was in San Juan.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
No Sorry Al not your Island this time, we are heading to Dominican Republic around La Romana. I will tip a few in your honour though.:biggrin:

Well heck ! I'm only down south another couple thousand miles and off to the right a little bit . I'll leave a light on, just in case . Look for Big Yellow house with drunk fat guy trying to climb coconut tree . :w00t2:

Trakternut

HEY !!!! I forgot about that one ! Thanks . I'll give it a try with breakfast !!!

It goes better over Post Toasties than it does over Cheerios.

Thcri told me! :whistling:

Doc said he prefers it over Spoon Sized Shredded Wheat! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It goes better over Post Toasties than it does over Cheerios.

Thcri told me! :whistling:

Doc said he prefers it over Spoon Sized Shredded Wheat! :biggrin:

I usually have it with whole Bran and prune juice . I crap like crazy but i'm too drunk to care !:biggrin: