• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you like Sushi ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
No , not the knucklehead that is a member here .:whistling:

I'm talking Real Sushi !!! I love the stuff . I can't eat enough of the stuff .

We have one place that we visit about every other week . It is a "all you can eat" Sushi place and when they see me coming they always try to lock the door .

For $9 bucks you can eat about $500 bucks of Sushi :w00t2:. I think the owners like me a lot because whenever we leave they look so sad :unsure:.

Tomorrow is Sushi Day "IF" the old Weight Scale says that I have lost more weight . Thats my treat for weight loss .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If I eat fish it dang well better be cooked. I can put up with Paul easier than raw fish.:hammer:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Just a note to you guys the word sushi means food wrapped with vinegar rice and sashimi is raw fish. Now some sushi have raw fish, some cooked and others no fish at all but vegetables etc.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh for Gods sake guys!!! It not like we all have not ate raw worms in our childhood . ??? ah ....:unsure:You have ate worms right :unsure:???

Man you got to live a little . Smell the roses .... look out for the bees if you do this .
Next your be telling me you never ate fried Grasshoppers .:w00t2:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh for Gods sake guys!!! It not like we all have not ate raw worms in our childhood . ??? ah ....:unsure:You have ate worms right :unsure:???

Man you got to live a little . Smell the roses .... look out for the bees if you do this .
Next your be telling me you never ate fried Grasshoppers .:w00t2:

When ever you come across a food that doesn't fit with your idea of normal, just tell yourself "Someone, somewhere, at some time eats this....and likes it!"

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The closest thing to worms I have ever consumed were eels.
They weren't really that bad- had them at the seaside in the south of England.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I can tell you that traveling the world for all most 4 years I've eaten stuff that would make a billy goat puke. I learned early on when I started working overseas to never ask what is in something simply taste it. Then and only then if you feel brave ask other you really don't want to know. Main land China's street food is a good example of this and I've probably tried most of it with a few surprises as to how good some where.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Chocolate covered grasshoppers and crickets. Fried green tomatoes but I just like things cooked a little. I tried some smoked salmon once and about lost the rest of the meal. I eat most any fish as long as it is cooked.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Just think how hungry the first person had to be to eat a lobster or crab as both are first cousin's to a roach but I flat eat either any time.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I can tell you that traveling the world for all most 4 years I've eaten stuff that would make a billy goat puke. I learned early on when I started working overseas to never ask what is in something simply taste it. Then and only then if you feel brave ask other you really don't want to know. Main land China's street food is a good example of this and I've probably tried most of it with a few surprises as to how good some where.

The single worst thing I had in China were the Sea Urchin dumplings.

Oh...and that bottle of booze that I had one sip of and then gave it away to a local....even that little bit made me sick and hung over.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
The single worst thing I had in China were the Sea Urchin dumplings.

Oh...and that bottle of booze that I had one sip of and then gave it away to a local....even that little bit made me sick and hung over.

I agree never could eat Sea Urchin either. First taste and gaged. Now I do like pasta or rice using squid ink with shrimp for example. The street food in China is recipes from the times of many famines they have had. Insects of all types, scorpions, sea horses etc. They have one of most diverse diets I've ever seen but the worst food I ever had was in Great Britain. Now I don't mean restaurants that serve food from various cultures such as India, Italy, Japan but their foods such as haggis and their sausage. I might add the only place I ever got food poisoning was in a fish and chips joint in London. The worse 3 days of my life and I've been shot, stabbed and even blown out of the sky in a helicopter. :smile:

Don't take the statement personally those from Great Britain, loved your country just not your food. :whistling:

SShepherd

some sushi is good...some bad. A bad sushi joint will ruin you on it forever.

Gotta have fresh, ultra high quality fish. Yup, I like it-- unagi is my fave along with escolar sashimi ( actually escolar tataki )- lightly seared, cold in the middle with a sliver of red onion and jalapeno in a garlic ponzu sauce:clap:

Uni (sea urchiin)..fuggetabout it

norscaner

Love Sushi
Every time we visit the kids in the "city" sushi is on the menu.
Local sushi is fine also but the kids like to treat us when we visit.

Sushi "Paul" is ok also.:wink:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I tolerate it. My wife is an addict. California rolls, spicy tuna.... As someone corrected, it's a misconception that it's raw fish. Almost all IS cooked. I can do with out the stuff, but I eat it occasionally to get ahead with the wife. :brows:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I make a trip to big "D" about once a month to eat decent fish and sushi. I love it.

Like joec said, British food can be worse that terrible. Some can be pretty darn good but he picked two of the really bad ones, haggis and the "great British banger". I used to love sausage for breakfast in the UK until I came to the States and found out what real 100% meat sausage tasted like. British sausage can legally be up to 40% bread. As for haggis, I have to be very drunk on Scotch before I'll even try some at a Burns' Night Dinner. What were my ancestors thinking?????