• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone tried the IE emergency patch yet?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm current with all updates at the moment with not noticable problems. Now I'm running XP not Vista if that makes a difference.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just updated yesterday but they want everyone with IE6 to add this emergency patch or update to IE8. Someone let out a security glitch to the web and hackers are using the released code. I don't use IE but a lot of sites require it. I run XP as well.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
In that case I probably never got the patch as I've been running IE 8 and prior to that IE 7.. I actaully use IE exclusively though I've tried the others out there. Just have less problems with all 3 of my machines with IE 7 or 8.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't even bothered looking at IE since last year sometime when I downloaded firefox. Got tired of IE crashing every 5 or so pages and loosing everything I was looking at.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I run Firefox as well but a lot of sites you need IE for at least a brief bit to get downloads etc. I might just wait for now and see how it settles out.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
With Firefox, you can open the site in an IE tab and accomplish what you want for that website

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I actually found Firefox slow loading and slow browsing as well as crashes, Chrome was a touch better but could open less sites than Firefox. I guess it depends on your system configuration and your ISP as to which works better.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I agree Firefox is the only way forward....cant remember the last time i clicked on IE.

D

darroll

I use IE8 with Vista and have had no problems at all. I keep all of the patches up to date.
IE8 has better virus filters. MS is trying to put the hackers out of business.

Gina

Reno talked me into Firefox after months of "Runtime errors" and hanging screens. I've been really happy with it. Not one problem with it.