• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you cooking for New Years?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I am not supposed to have sauerkraut I got to choose and cook today. Home made and cured smoked sausage and a big pan of home fried red taters and peppers and onions. All the taters and veggies are from our garden and the sausage is from my friends hogs we did back last spring. I hoard it like gold to make it last this long. We will soon do some more hogs if the weather stays cold.

Attachments

• new years 004.jpg
    new years 004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 79
  • new years 005.jpg
    new years 005.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 83

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, that looks great!
I have a sirloin steak thawing, don't know what I'm going to make with it yet.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well if cooking today for tomorrow counts, the kitchen is in full swing. We're having a charity event at the house to collect auction items for the school's silent auction. Guests must bring something to be admitted. On the menu are all sorts of home made sweets including truffle balls (liquor filled) and my wife's almost famous biscotti in several flavors. The meal will include several different Italian dishes. I stopped at the liquor store today for more supplies for the bar. Several different Reislings, some Merlot, Cabernet Sauvenions, and Chardonnay. Plus we'll be mixing up some various holiday drinks using the hard stuff. So it smells good in the house but we don't get to eat the good stuff until tomorrow night. Today will be left over Chinese food.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Smoked sausage on the grill. (Even though it is only 2 degrees out today)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mother in law got me a turkey deep fryer for Christmas. Thinking about putting it together and doing a turkey that we have in the freezer. I will cook it on Saturday not today as the turkey is frozen. But my dilemma is I don't have an LP tank. Mine are all up at our cabin. If I can find an LP place that will let you buy and return the tank I will do that but I don't need another tank around the place. My grill here at home is hooked into the natural gas system so I can't steel it's tank. Maybe once I dig into the instructions of the turkey grill maybe it has an orifice for natural gas. That would make things sweet.

murph

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I made oatmeal scones for breakfast, then crab chowder for lunch.
thinking about firing up the smoker now -- maybe cook up a slab or 2 of ribs and some "country style" pork.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wooo hoo Jim!
Looks great!!!
When you first told me about it the other night, I KNEW it reminded me of something I've made before!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pan seared sirloin with caramelized onions- left over hash brown casserole- green beans.

FF 2010-01-01 16-10-00.255.jpg

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Nah, they're sweet red bell peppers. Although that's a good idea for the next time!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
smoker still going - it's tough to build enough heat in these temps.
that mulberry smoke sure smells good, though.