• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Time

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anyone else having this problem today? My laptop I noticed was an hour behind. I checked and automatic update was not clicked so I changed it by an hour. Twenty minutes later it is back an hour and now the automatic is checked. I unchecked it, changed the time and within 2 minutes it is back an hour again. The other computers in my network are not having this issue.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Make sure the system is fully updated. They have been screwing with the DST rules the last couple years, and it might have old settings.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I know they have been messing with them the last couple of years. My laptop's hard drive was formatted two months ago and all updates applied. I am supposed to get updates every week dished out from our server but I just went to Microsoft's update page and there is 5 updates available. I might be getting them this Wednesday.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Same problem here except it's a radio-controlled wall clock. It's the large one in this picture on NIST.GOV website. (which is the radio signal source.) The face of the clock says Springfield radio controlled clock but Googling that didn't locate the manufacturer's instructions.

radioclocks.jpg

When I got up this morinig it was an hour slow. This afternoon when I came in from digging stumps, my wife had it apart and had turned the hands to the correct time. Now after she reassembled it, its running like mad and gaining an hour so now when it calms down it will show an hour fast.

I wonder if somebody at NIST programmed the DST conversion a week early - then reversed it this afternoon.

Update: Now a half hour after the adjustment, it shows the correct time. Stay tuned for updates ....

Update some more:
Mom lived to 98. At her request we kept her in her own home for her last years and hired caregivers, essentially running a one-customer rest home. Despite everyone's best efforts it was continual chaos. This clock was a small part of the chaos. Mom's on-call handyman who was the first line of go-to made a small fortune maintaining it. Then she would call me and ask me to reset this clock because 'Jim can't seem to get the hang of it'. I refused; the clock was an expensive mistake in the first place and I didn't want anything to do with it when it kept resetting itself.

I never should have brought that clock over here to the ranch after Mom was gone. Now the chaos has followed me here.

Last edited:

BoneheadNW

Ok, I admit it. I have been messing with you guys. Actually, it is the government. Blame it on Obama- that seems to satisfy almost everyone here!:yum:

Seriously, my power went out this morning at 0250 for about 5 seconds and then came back on. My pager went off a few minutes later with the dispatcher announcing that some wires were down with fire several miles away. When I came down stairs this morning, only some of the clocks were blinking. Could be Murph's clock bandit at it on the west coast!
Bonehead