• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Free Thumb Drive from Microsoft - "Mystery Solved"

beds

Ducati over at MTF posted this. :a1:

1. Go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...rp/default.mspx

2. Click on the image of the USB drive "Valuable Information - Get Yours".

3. Fill in your address etc.

Here are the answers to the four questions:

Q1. How many ways are there to obtain a full Microsoft® Windows® Desktop license?
Answer:: 2

Q2: Volume License Agreements cover Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
Answer: True

Q3: OEM operating system licenses are non-transferable.

Q4: The most cost-effective way to acquire an initial, full underlying Windows Desktop license is preinstalled.

4. Verify Email addy

wait 6 to 8 weeks

buy_25

Banned
I wonder if this is like when the emails were flying around [a few years ago] MS will send you a $100 or free dinner if you sign up....

Or it will be a 3 MB thumb drive..... Hell, you can buy a 2 GB one for like $40 at buy.com!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
buy_25 said:
Or it will be a 3 MB thumb drive

no way it will just be 3 mb. They are sending the drive with some Microsoft software on it and they don't know how to write a program that small

Jim

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
jim slagle said:
...they don't know how to write a program that small

Jim

10 CLEAR
20 PRINT "Windows has encountered a fatal error at #3D18F743C"
30 PRINT "Please press CTL-ALT-DEL to reboot"
40 GET CHAR
50 GOTO 20

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
10 CLEAR
20 PRINT "Windows has encountered a fatal error at #3D18F743C"
30 PRINT "Please press CTL-ALT-DEL to reboot"
40 GET CHAR
50 GOTO 20

That's the core of Windows ME, can you do XP Home?

Jim

(I filled in the questionaire yesterday, just waiting on my drive to arrive)

JayC

Huh?
I got a link to that in my e-mail yesterday. I love flash drives. I can never have to many. :pat:I just wonder what the size will be. I guess if it is even 32MB, it's still good. I hope it will at least be 64MB, though. My next thought is, with the junk they put on it, will we be able to erase it and use it the way we want? I guess we will know in 6-8 weeks.:D

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Update - looks like I won't be getting a free drive.

Here's the message from Microsloth:

Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last. Supply is depleted at this time, so we encourage you to please utilize the online alternative today.

Simply download* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp