• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

first attempt at beer chili

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
well folks, summers winding down and i will be beginning on my first attempt at beer chili this year. never gone at it on my own before, so should be interesting to see how it turns out. gonna have fresh tomatoes, peppers, and jalepeno's from my moms garden, and figureing on using michelob ultra amber for the beer (unless i find a better one by then) plus my own mix of spices and tasty-bits. anyone have some advice for me before i start on this, since it will be my first homemade chili?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Always open an extra bottle or two for tasting purposes while cooking the chili.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking along the same lines as jimbo. Drink the beer and make regular chili.

I've never heard of beer chili. Tell us more.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
well its chili with beer as one of the main ingredients. when you are using differenct craft and micro brews, you unlock a whole huge world of different flavors of chili!!! let me grab an example for you

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I think you'd be better off with a chocolate stout -- and don't forget to add some cinnamon to help bring out the flavors of the chili's.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
you think? i may look into that. and yeah there will be cinnamon in it. i put it in damn near everything i cook, LOL

norscaner

BACON.....it is the great Canadian secret......much like many Canadian beers....everyone knows Bacon & Beer man that is campfire cooking 101
Best of luck and remember what goes in always finds a way out

BamsBBQ

sorry caught this a little late... i like the idea of a chocolate stout.. but any good micro beer will add a different flavor and most wont be bad unless it is a fruity beer.

honey browns are always good in a chili, add a square of bakers chocolate.. i am not one for cinnamon but that is just my personal taste.

i also have been know to put either venison burger in it, some really high quality italian sausage and have also added beef sauasage to it..

no chili is the only bad chili..lol