PDA

View Full Version : wednesday's Rusty deal!

Rusty Shackleford
08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
every wednesday at Rusty's Bar and Grill, Jager shots are half-off from 11am-12pm! come n get em!

norscaner
08-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Damn how did I miss that deal..:glare:

I will check in earlier next time.:wink:

Rusty Shackleford
08-26-2009, 02:28 PM
YEP! workin up deal ideas for when i open my real bar. lol

bczoom
08-26-2009, 02:41 PM
YEP! workin up deal ideas for when i open my real bar. lol
Are we allowed to comment or critique any of your ideas or make other suggestions?

Rusty Shackleford
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
go for it

bczoom
08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Are you really thinking of opening a bar?

If so, here's some thoughts (just about "Jager shots are half-off from 11am-12pm")
Why are you offering 1/2 off shots in the morning? If you're going to have a special, offer it during times when people will actually use it. How many start out their morning with a shot? If it's a lunchtime special, you may need to have something that doesn't leave that nasty taste (Jager in particular) for people that are returning to work.

I haven't been to a bar in many years but isn't (or wasn't) there a law about offering reduced price drinks for a short period of time (e.g. happy hour)? It was to stop people from binging during that period.

muleman
08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
It never stopped me!:clap:

Rusty Shackleford
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Are you really thinking of opening a bar?

If so, here's some thoughts (just about "Jager shots are half-off from 11am-12pm")
Why are you offering 1/2 off shots in the morning? If you're going to have a special, offer it during times when people will actually use it. How many start out their morning with a shot? If it's a lunchtime special, you may need to have something that doesn't leave that nasty taste (Jager in particular) for people that are returning to work.

I haven't been to a bar in many years but isn't (or wasn't) there a law about offering reduced price drinks for a short period of time (e.g. happy hour)? It was to stop people from binging during that period.

i am, indeed. and that time frame was because thats when i thought to post it here, lol. that sounds more like a sunday evening deal, when there wont be as many people in the bar. i dunno about that law, tho every bar i go to has happy hours, and daily specials, so im not sure about that.

Erik
08-27-2009, 09:55 AM
In Ks you can do daily specials, but you can't have reduced price drinks during "happy hour" - although reduced price appetizers are OK.
When you open your bar, don't forget the dart boards.

Rusty Shackleford
08-27-2009, 12:08 PM
dart boards, pool tables, jukebox, check, check, check. :D