• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Computer speed

nobull1

I use this site http://www.speedtest.net to check my upload/download speed as well as ping quite often. Just curious what other people in different areas get for speed. I usually run about 7.00 for download, .50 for upload and 72 ms for ping.

If you look at world results on the lower pat of the page, you will find in general, North America is below a lot of European/Asian countries, by quite a bit.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
From the Candlewood Suites in Bismarck, ND...

546788345.png

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter

My result using my air card at my cabin. Way better than I ever though.

Sheesh, your ping is HUGE! (not a good thing). :smileywac Also, my Verizon card does WAY better than yours. You must be on a slow tower in the sticks.

Just revisted an old thread mentioning your cell card. What kind of a plan did you eventually get from Verizon? Price comparable to Alltell?

Last edited:

nobull1

My result using my air card at my cabin. Way better than I ever though.
I would say that is very fast especially the upload. In North America we seem to have slow uploads, 0.06 mb/s is more common than not. Whoever you have for a provider seems to be giving you good speeds. Excluding the ping as Bobcat said.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Mine is about like your dsl Dog. Always slow on Sunday afternoon plus the wife is on at the same time Facebooking so that probably slows it some also.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sheesh, your ping is HUGE! (not a good thing). :smileywac Also, my Verizon card does WAY better than yours. You must be on a slow tower in the sticks.

Just revisted an old thread mentioning your cell card. What kind of a plan did you eventually get from Verizon? Price comparable to Alltell?

I am paying roughly $49.00 per month for unlimited usage. I am very happy with it especially when you get in the major cities. In fact I typically use it rather than the wireless from the hotel.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Man you guys can really move all those pretty pictures! :D

This 1.5mbs dsl hasn't changed in the past 10 years. Maybe it's time to try something faster.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
OK, you guys have embarrassed me. I'm essentially on wifi.

Download - .54 Mbps
Upload - .12 Mbps
Ping - 69 ms

When you live out in sticks of East Texas that is about as good as it gets. All I can say is that it is waaaaayyyyy better than dial-up even if it does take 199 minutes to download a movie which, by the way, I've never done. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
tried it again after Avast finished updating --
PG,

Instead of cutting pasting, fixing then cutting and pasting here just use the Copy link at the bottom and paste it here. Much faster and you don't have to go out and cross out the IP or pertinent information.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
So you're the guys who host all those pretty pictures that "the internets" are famous for ...:boobies::a1:

:D

Me thinks Pirate Girl has uploaded more of those type of pretty pictures than I ever have. However, I may have viewed more than her! :whistling:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow! It's a great night in the neighborhood.

Just to set the selar here. I was at a customer on Friday that had a 904 MS ping time .16 down and .04 up.

Andy