PDA

View Full Version : Beer Review

OhioTC18
08-18-2009, 06:03 PM
While in Canada a week or so ago I tasted a new to me beer (quite a few:yum:). It is Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale.

It has quite a bite, taste wise. But a very good ale. Brought a case back over the border. I wish we had brought more and paid the duty. I can't find it here.

Rusty Shackleford
08-19-2009, 08:01 AM
lol IPA's will do that to ya. quite strong beers. ive been wanting to vacation up in canada, and im sure i'll be bringin beer back, too :yum:

BamsBBQ
08-19-2009, 08:25 AM
we have many fine tasting beers here..

right now i am on a Rickards Red kick, it is not good in a bottle, ok in a can but the best on tap..3 different flavors

Ohio even if you found the same beer stateside that was in Canada, it will have a different flavor. Beer we sell here tastes alot different than the stuff that is exported to USA.

here is a guide called The Canadian Beer Index (http://www.realbeer.com/canada/)

depending what province you are visiting, it will give you all the beers available.. just click the province you want

Rusty Shackleford
08-19-2009, 08:38 AM
cool. thanks for that, bam! i just finished a 6 of moosehead, was pretty good. had a skunkyness to it, but thats what ya get when you dont know the date it was made. i liked it, tho if we are going canadian pale lager, i must sya i like molson better

BamsBBQ
08-19-2009, 09:28 AM
cool. thanks for that, bam! i just finished a 6 of moosehead, was pretty good. had a skunkyness to it, but thats what ya get when you dont know the date it was made. i liked it, tho if we are going canadian pale lager, i must sya i like molson better

moosehead is not a big seller here(my ex & i use to sell beer)(she still does..lol)

i like all the Sleeman's products, you can find them at Meijers thought they are not exactly the same, they are very good beers IMHO

when i am staying in Michigan, i usually drink Sleemans Honey Brown

Rusty Shackleford
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
moosehead is not a big seller here(my ex & i use to sell beer)(she still does..lol)

i like all the Sleeman's products, you can find them at Meijers thought they are not exactly the same, they are very good beers IMHO

I had the Labatt Honey Lager a while back, and that was very good. never had sleemans, tho i have heard of it. dont think ive ever seen it around here

PBinWA
08-19-2009, 11:34 AM

I miss Sleeman's Cream Ale - that is a fine beer probably one of my all time favorites.

:thumb: