• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MP3 players

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey all. Got a Sandisk m250 today. 2 gigs of songs, great sound. USB connection, has voice recorder, and fm radio that sounds great also.

They forgot to take the sales price down at Circuit City. I got it cheap to say the least.

One question, anyone have ripping software that they like and works well. I have lots of CD's that I would love to put on this.

thanks

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Easy CD Creator and, I believe, Windows Media Player have this capability as well. I assume you're talking about compresing the .cda format on the cd to .mp3 format.

beds

winamp - it's not intuitive to use, so it should be what all of us Windows users are used to.

OregonAlex

I used CDEX a long time ago.. it was awesome back then.. must be really good by now. It used the LAME encoder.

Now that I use Macs mostly for pleasure iTunes fits the bill and was really much faster because of the Altivec G4 engine.

Since you just got your new Intel iMac go take a look at how fast you can rip a CD in iTunes. I would be very interested. Also...

Go checkout this tool. It a CPU, Memory, and Network monitoring tool that gets placed on the Mac menu bar (next to the clock). I have it installed on all my Macs. I dont know what I would do without it. Anyhow.. You can see how loaded your CPUs is, how the network transfers rates are to and from your computer, and how much RAM you are using and have free . When running the iTunes ripping. I think you will see you have plenty CPU left over while it is ripping. Wonder if both CPUs get used or just one. This tool will show you. Remember, RED in the graph means Kernel I/O and BLUE is user. Kernel I/O will be stuff like waiting for disk activity, BLUE is gonna be mostly your application code only.

http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters/

Awesome tool!! Its always on the screen and never in your way. just to the left of the clock. Let me know if you decide to try it and what you think.

Bob,

you might want to try this tool too. Very cool. I have used it for many years without any problems what so ever. With a Dual CPU it truely gives you an appreciate of the value of two processors and tells you which programs take advantages of both CPUs for processing and which programs are crap and just hog the CPU for no reason.

Last edited: