• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sound Question

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Suddenly I am getting no sound when the computer starts up or shuts down, everything else works as far as sound goes.
???

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
You have been spending too much time at NCT. It has irreparably damaged your computer. Throw it out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You have been spending too much time at NCT. It has irreparably damaged your computer. Throw it out.
:yum::smile:

I just thought I'd adjusted some of the sounds, then saved as Windows Default, rebooted and still nothing.
I have sound for everything else other than that "classic" Windows shut down/start up sound, and when I empty the recycle bin.
Blahh.. it's probably not a big deal.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
When you manually select the shutdown/startup sound and are given an option to play it, does that work?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• Sound.jpg
    Sound.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 61

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Either it has developed laryngitis or has become mute in which case you will have to learn sign language.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
do you still have regualar sound on your PC PG? all other sounds/music working properly?
Yep, music works fine (as in youtube links) and the media player.
Just don't get the usual sounds at start up or shutdown.
I deleted the junk out of my recycle bin and didn't get that "sound" either.

BamsBBQ

It sounds like you have the "no sounds" scheme on and it has muted all windows sounds.

um i know on windows xp Go to Start -->Control Panel
Sounds and Audio Devices
Sounds tab
then go from there

on vista i am not sure because i havent played with that yet

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
can you hear me now? LOL have you tried setting it to a different sound for the recycle bin and shutdown? Might be you have lost or corrupted the particular windows sound file.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
can you hear me now? LOL have you tried setting it to a different sound for the recycle bin and shutdown? Might be you have lost or corrupted the particular windows sound file.
Tried everything.
Did a scan, updated some things.. still nothing.
Ahh well, living without Windows singing to me- and not hearing the recycle bin deleting won't kill me.:yum:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
PG have you gone into your control panel and checked this area out.....

may need to revert back to the default settings???

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 49

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Did that last night Galv.. I think I am missing something, somehow.
Sooner or later, I'll get it working ;)