• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shrimp Po' Boy - Grilled Shrimp - Bacon wrapped shrimp

BamsBBQ

the grilled shrimp are basic, throw on the grill start basting with your favorite sauce... i was going to do a bunch of different shrimp flavors but my kitchen helper wanted SBR's on the shrimp.

grilled shrimp
mw6zx3.jpg

bacon wrapped shrimp
zvvmuc.jpg

done
t6s57m.jpg

for the sammie....i dredged the shrimp in heavily seasoned flour(cajun spice), shook off excess and then placed in hot sauce...then redusted...fried in oil until done

hot sauce of choice today - its not actually bad, you can taste the heat and its not too vinegary - great for a marinade
2mpa0oz.jpg

16c2zdj.jpg

1256tk3.jpg

2r6d6hj.jpg

531jq0.jpg

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Franks hot sauce is awesome. I love it on my red beans and rice and pork sandwiches!

Bam - if you ever travel to the US then get your butt to New Orleans and go hungry. You would love it down there!

BamsBBQ

Franks hot sauce is awesome. I love it on my red beans and rice and pork sandwiches!

Bam - if you ever travel to the US then get your butt to New Orleans and go hungry. You would love it down there!

i love N.O. oh heck i love all around that area of the country.. i spent almost a year down there about 3 years ago...i was based out of Slidell,LA

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I gained 80 pounds living in Loozyana!!

Give Crystal hot sauce a try some day!

Looks AWESOME Bam!

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bams, what's your secret to getting the bacon done without over cooking the shrimp? Every time I try it, the shrimp are too tough because they have been over cooked.

Thanks, Bob

BamsBBQ

I gained 80 pounds living in Loozyana!!

Give Crystal hot sauce a try some day!

Looks AWESOME Bam!

yup have tried Crystal hot sauce, i like it

Bams, what's your secret to getting the bacon done without over cooking the shrimp? Every time I try it, the shrimp are too tough because they have been over cooked.

Thanks, Bob

use bigger shrimp, precook the bacon a bit in a frying pan before wrapping them, a little messy but it works... feed really hungry people the bacon wrapped shrimp and nobody will notice..:yum:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I've done similar grilling with bacon and have always used really thin bacon. It needs to be the thinnest stuff you can find and you don't need to pre-cook it.

BamsBBQ

I've done similar grilling with bacon and have always used really thin bacon. It needs to be the thinnest stuff you can find and you don't need to pre-cook it.

exactly... i was still drinking my first coffee when i gave advice, i gotta remember..drink first coffee then hit enter...never the other way first:yum: