• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Laptop charging circuit

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The puppy ate the cord from the a/c adapter to the plug into the wife's laptop. I got a new adapter but it must have blown a fuse inside the laptop. Any advice on getting it apart and what to look for?

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Are you sure the adapter is the right voltage?? make and model would also help m8.

ncroamer65

Muleman, you ain't going to like this but here goes,

You need a tech. repair mannual to start with, read schemitics,
and some idea of how the laptop works inside !!! THIS AIN'T
A TOASTER. Been there done that for about 20 yrs +.
If the unit is 4/5 yrs old get a new one.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Turn laptop off, remove battery, then try turning the laptop on again to drain any possible electricity hanging in the unit. Replace battery then turn back on. Will that fix it, probably not but I use to have an older Dell laptop that use to do goofy things and the only way you could fix it was to do the above.

murph

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here's what I ended up doing. We just bought this at the end of March and it has all the wife's CNC embroidery machine designs on it. Plus she needs windows XP for that machine. I spotted an ad on craigs list for a lenovo thinkpad T42 which is almost identical to hers. Went and tried that girls fully charged battery in mine and it fires right up. So I bought it for $200 and will use it as a charging dock for both batteries. If I can find some directions for disassembly I would still try to repair hers. Thanks Bill