• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hot Chocolate Shrimp

BamsBBQ

you have to try this dish with an open mind..this is not really hot chocolate but it is pretty darn good if i do say so myself..lol

12 medium-large shrimp - tails on - butterflied
1/4 cup seasoned flour - i used cajun spice
1 tablespoon dry sherry( i used 2 tablespoons juice this time)
1 large navel orange - juiced
1/2oz + dark chocolate (i used semi sweet)
olive oil for frying
2 gloves garlic, minced
1" fresh ginger minced(about a tablespoon)
1 small red chile - minced and seeded(i used half jalapeno)

dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour, set aside

in a sauce pan, add the juice and sherry,bring to a boil. once boiling starts, remove from heat and stir in chocolate. mix well. i had to reduce my sauce a little to thicken.

in a small frypan, saute garlic,pepper,ginger, when done take out of pan and set aside.fry shrimp in same oil. when done dip in sauce, pour remaiing sauce over,garnish with some orange zest

2ry56wp.jpg

33uwjkk.jpg

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks pretty good. I will have to give it a try some time. Will copy the recipe and put it in my book.

BamsBBQ

Looks so good Jeff.
Man I could eat that whole plate right now. :)

thanks

i couldnt stop eating them... i will be making them on thursday again for my cousins little girl graduation from kindergarden...her request is "lots of shrimp done lots of ways" from the mouth of a 6 yr old..lol