• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

need help with old electronics

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
The one with the dial and two meters is a variable AC power supply. A handy gadget for an electronics experimenter.

That Lafayette box says it is a transceiver tester. It probably measures SWR (standing wave ratio), power output, possibly receiver sensitivity and ?? A radio amateur (Ham) would know.

One of those is labeled "pH." That sounds like something a chemist would use to test the acidity/alkalinity of liquids.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The shiny box - yup, variac with meters for measuring output volts and amps.
The Lafayette Transceiver tester - yup, ,SWR and more, including %mod, field strength, volts, amps. Somehow you've managed not to have any pictures in focus, so can't see what else it can do. :rolleyes:
The pH meter - Uh, yup, pH meter.
The big blue knob - could be another variac or a variable capacitor.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
OK thanks. ive got plenty of info on this stuff now, alot from an antique radio/tv forum im on. but unfortunatley im having no help on values, id liek to sell this stuff, but i just dont wanna put down make me an offer, sinc ei dont know how much they are worth, (probly nothing) i dont wanna get hosed. thanks agian, guys!

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
OK thanks. ive got plenty of info on this stuff now, alot from an antique radio/tv forum im on. but unfortunatley im having no help on values, id liek to sell this stuff, but i just dont wanna put down make me an offer, sinc ei dont know how much they are worth, (probly nothing) i dont wanna get hosed. thanks agian, guys!

Have a few beers and you'll never know what hit ya....:yum:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Hmm... I would love to have the Lafayette meter... I just have a plain SWR meter right now......:brows:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
While searching for a manual (or at least a better picture of the faceplate :rolleyes:) of the Lafayette, I found a few on Ham swap sites for $10-20.