• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New IE8

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone downloaded this yet?

I use Firefox myself, but for some reason on the laptop my wife uses Firefox loads too slow for her. So she uses IE6. What's different in IE8?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I haven't been terribly impressed with IE8, however I would use it over IE6. On our older XP machine it doesn't seem any faster than IE7 and it still takes a while to load.

Have you tried loading Adblock Plus on Firefox? It can help with the over all speed of your browsing experience:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes PB I use ABP too. And so does her laptop. Her complaint is just loading it the first time. Takes forever. I have cleaned it out and can't seem to find out why Firefox is so slow to load.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jerry,

Uninstall it, reboot your computer and then install once. I started having all kinds of problems with mine about 6 months ago and finally uninstalled it. I was mostly having problems with it filling out pages but the re-install worked great for me and it was much faster.

murph

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jerry,

Uninstall it, reboot your computer and then install once.

murph

Well it didn't change much. But of course I didn't do the reboot thing :hammer: so all the bookmarks were still there. SO that means whatever makes it slow to load is still there too.

jwstewar

I tried Firefox for awhile last year. Gave it an honest try for about 2 weeks. Got so frustrated with things not working correctly and it being slow (On a brand new machine w/ 4 gig of RAM on Vista 64-bit), I just gave up. Uninstalled and went back to IE7. Life was good again. About a month ago I finally installed IE8 at home. I like it a lot. Don't see a lot of new feature over 7 other than now it will color code your tabs together and some of the menu are rearranged. I've now installed it at work as well because there is talk of deploying it here, so I thought I should start testing it with our application.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I started using firefox on all three of our computers a few months ago. I did that because i was getting real frustrated with IE freezing up and crashing all the time. I haven't tried IE8 yet. Maybe I'll check it out and give my thoughts.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I have IE8 installed and it is a little better than 7 but nothing major on speed...looks nicer but be sure to remove all the tool bars and other add-ons as they serve no purpose and just takes up space for no reason.

Ohio make sure you get in to all program files and delete any Firefox folders then reboot and install.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
Don't see a lot of new feature over 7 other than now it will color code your tabs together and some of the menu are rearranged.

I've been using IE8 for about a month and I enjoy it. I like the color coding of the tabs.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
How do you color control you tabs? I think that would be feature I would like for grouping.

It just does it for you automatically. If you have multiple tabs from the same site they will all be one color. Single page tabs of other sites will each have the same color.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
The problem people in general have with FireFox is that they just don't know how to use it. The ADD-ONS are basically endless and all IE8 is doing (finally) is copying MOZILLA FIREFOX! Colorful Tabs has been a feature (ADD-ON) of FF for years now and are totally USER customizable. It took me several months to really get comfortable with it but now that I know how it works I'll never go back to IE. :my2cents: