• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My computer crashed and burned!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
In case anyone was wondering that I had been rather quiet lately (probably not!!) my computer crashed and has had to be replaced. I could just about get to read ff occasionally, on my laptop, but no way can I get the hang of that mini keyboard to type much - but hard luck folks, I am back! Still a few snags to iron out on the 'new' computer, but getting there!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
In case anyone was wondering that I had been rather quiet lately (probably not!!) my computer crashed and has had to be replaced. I could just about get to read ff occasionally, on my laptop, but no way can I get the hang of that mini keyboard to type much - but hard luck folks, I am back! Still a few snags to iron out on the 'new' computer, but getting there!!

I did wonder where you'd been Anita and miss you when you don't post.
Thank goodness you are back up and running.
:smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Must be something in the air over there Anita. Mith is having computer or as he calls it, confuser issues also. He's still working through his though.
Good to see you back in action. :thumb: :D

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Welcome back IQ i did wonder where you were at....if you need any advice or help be sure to shout.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I've been wondering where you've been. I was going to try to contact you to send you graduation photos from Melen's 8th grade ceremony. I'll wait for a few days before sending them so you get things ironed out on the new computer!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Well it seems to be up and running reasonably, but sometimes the sound is not working properly - it will work for some things and not for others, strange!! Bloody computers!!!

I think this house is jinxed, things keep disappearing and not re appearing. Trucks that are here or come here or are even heading here, seem to have brake problems. My Foden is waiting for a brake valve replacement. The horsebox had a brake pipe go. The Scammell is waiting till someone (big and strong) can help me get the big wheels off the rear to replace the brake shoes. Zoe's Militant came here to fetch the 'Red Dragon' truck (which incidentally has a brake stuck on) and her truck's foot valve started leaking. Another friend was driving a large Scammell S26 towing a large trailer here to collect the Dragon and that had brake problems too (the dump valve went) and that is now waiting repair in the yard of the recovery people. Do you think this place is haunted? Another odd thing, my one grandfather clock has stopped and the mechanism seems to have moved all by itself to one side - now how has that happened as no one has been near the clock and the whole lot is very heavy?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a sound problem where normal Windows startup sounds played but YouTube videos would play okay but without sound. It was a setting in Java that somehow got messed up. YouTube and many other web sites use Java to stream the videos and sound.
If that is also your issue I will dig up more info for you on how to fix it.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Lots of places on the web like online radio also requires "Real player"....i dont use it as such prefer the "Real Alternative"......its much smaller in size and dont have all the added crap you wont use.

Heres a link for the free download if you need it....all you do is install it nothing else needs doing.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm