• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Conflicker, Microsoft busy or down or ???

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting. I get nothing when I click on BC's links, but I still can get Windows updates via the help and support tab. I also went to Symantec's site, downloaded their "fix", and it didn't find anything. Perhaps there's a problem with the posted links?

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting. I get nothing when I click on BC's links, but I still can get Windows updates via the help and support tab. I also went to Symantec's site, downloaded their "fix", and it didn't find anything. Perhaps there's a problem with the posted links?

Didn't try Firefox, but the links both worked fine running in IE right now.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
The home page rather slow to come up, while the security page very fast; I'm in Firefox now and both worked fine.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

That's exactly what happens to me. I've tried 4 different PC's in the house and they all have the same result.

I've run AVG, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Symantec's tool for this worm, Kaspersky's kkiller and none of them found anything. I've been current with Windows updates.

I just can't figure out why I can't get to those sites (with either FireFox or IE)...

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I just got off the phone with our IT people. They think Microsoft.com is just being inundated right now. I typed in update.microsoft.com in the location bar and I went right to the sight. I just ran bitdefender's tool and it didn't find anything either, so I should be ok?

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Both of the links come up quickly for me.

Do you mean the actual webpage came up quickly, or just the link? My browser just says, "Waiting for Microsoft.com" and eventually switches to and IP address of 65.55.21.250. Then a blank page. But I can still get to the updates page.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just got off the phone with our IT people. They think Microsoft.com is just being inundated right now. I typed in update.microsoft.com in the location bar and I went right to the sight. I just ran bitdefender's tool and it didn't find anything either, so I should be ok?
I don't know... Why is it that neither you nor I can get there after multiple attempts throughout the day but others can get right in?

For those that can get there, are you on a single PC, direct to internet (no router or anything)? JPR - Are you on a stand-alone PC or on some sort of network?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have tried it out a couple times throughout the day and get in everytime. I am on a standard network nothing fancy.

murph

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Microsoft Small Business Server Network, XP pro with Trend Micro anti virus.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I just tried the links again and I got right on. I'm thinkin' Microsoft's main page was just uber inundated for a while.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never had luck getting in yesterday but it seems fine today.

I'm thankful that's all it was as I had 4 different computers with the same issue. Running all the spyware, malware, anti-virus... did find some other things so I guess it was worth the time for the scans.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
This is kind of cool:

http://www.confickerworkinggroup.org/infection_test/cfeyechart.html

Conficker Eye Chart

How to interpret:

If you see this above:It probably means this:
chartnormal.jpg
= Normal/Not Infected by Conficker (or using proxy)
chartinfected.jpg
= Possibly Infected by Conficker (C variant or greater)
chartinfected-ab.jpg
= Possibly Infected by Conficker A/B variant
chartdisabled.jpg
= Image loading turned off in browser? Any other combination= Poor Internet connection?

Explanation:

Conficker (aka Downadup, Kido) is known to block access to over 100 anti-virus and security websites. If you are blocked from loading the remote images in the first row of the top table above (AV/security sites) but not blocked from loading the remote images in the second row (websites of alternative operating systems) then your Windows PC may be infected by Conficker (or some other malicious software).
If you can see all six images in both rows of the top table, you are either not infected by Conficker, or you may be using a proxy server, in which case you will not be able to use this test to make an accurate determination, since Conficker will be unable to block you from viewing the AV/security sites.

F-Secure and the F-Secure Logo are trademarks of F-Secure Corporation.
SecureWorks and the SecureWorks Logo are registered trademarks of SecureWorks Inc.
Trend Micro and the T-Ball logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Trend Micro Inc.