• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Laptop Battery

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am finding that I am only getting about 30 minutes out of my laptop battery. When I got the Laptop 3 years ago I could get almost 3 hours out of it. Looking on the web the prices run anywhere from $45.00 all the way up to $260.00 The really really low priced ones are from companies I have never heard and some even show a picture of a different style battery. Any of you guys or gals every bought one and from who and did you have good luck? Would take any recommendations.

murph

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Murph,
Mine might give me 10 minutes or so now. A new one from HP is $120 and up.:sad:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I typically keep my charger at home and have a docking station at work. I have not been out of town much and the amount I have used it out of town I have gotten by. But I am in Vegas right now with a 9 hour wait for a frieken plane. Luckily I found a place I could sit with an outlet on the floor. Until security comes and tells me to unplug I am ok.

murph

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Batteries Plus will rebuild laptop batteries - they also sell compatible ones.
the other thing you might consider is changing the power management setting on your laptop to optimize battery rather than performance - that's enough to change my battery time from 30 min to closer to 2 hours.

Thcri - which airline?
Tara was supposed to fly out Friday morning on US Air and they cancelled her flight and offered to sent her to Denver with a chance for connection to KCI 36 hours later...
She cashed in her and her friends' tickets, rented a car from national and drove the 1300 miles home overnight instead.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Erik I did check Batteries Plus for a new one. They were kind of the high side for pricing. I forgot about them fixing them. I will take it in to them and see what they can do.

My airline is Northwest. I had a heck of a time even getting tickets and I knew getting back could be tough as they had overbooked. On the way down they tried moving me to allow a couple to sit together. That messed me up bad because of where they were going to put me. My left leg is bad so I really like a isle on the right side so I can stretch my leg. I would have even taken an exit seat that typically has extra leg room. Since he already made the changes and the couple were on the plane he gave me first class. Now that was neat as I never had flown 1st class. This is spring break weekend so empty seats are few.

So I will have to sit here until 1:00 am and I have been here since 3:30 pm

murph

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I often forget what their list prices are like - at worst I get 10% off list on anything I buy from them, at best I get special contract volume pricing on certain items, like their house brand alkaline batteries, (werker) which are actually pretty comparable to the big 3. Same with Grainger.

bummer about the 10 hour wait, but you're right about the end of spring break and all the airlines being overbooked - that's also why Tara decided to drive from LV to KC rather than wait for a flight.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I would rather drive than fly in most cases. I am not a fan of airplanes. My big frame and airplane seats don't match

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
me, too - which is why I tried pretty hard to get the office to let me drive to Sacramento last year rather than making me fly and rent a car once I got there. Fortunately, I didn't have any issues with the trip, but the experience you and Tara had this weekend is more like what I was used to when I had previously flown 20 years back.