PDA

View Full Version : new beer time: Leinenkugels Bock

Erik
03-04-2009, 10:50 PM
yup - it's got that quintessinal bockishness to it.
flavorful without a strong hoppy bitterness to the back edge.
a bit more body than Shiner Bock, but not too heavy or sweet.

so, all in all a really horrible beer - you're much better off drinking that watered down silver bullet nastiness. This is a grenade i'mm willing to jump on for the rest of you, so don't touch! it's mine! mine I tell you!!!

bwahahahahahaha...........

erm.... never mind, I think I better try another for quality control purposes...

belch.

Rusty Shackleford
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
HAHA ive never had any complaints about leinies. for the price, and selection, you cant go wrong

Erik
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
pretty much.
Saranac out of New York is another regional I generally enjoy.

But did you hear the bad news about Heilemann's?
They're killing off Old Style Light - then reintroducing Old Style using the "old" recipe...

Rusty Shackleford
03-05-2009, 10:53 AM
no kiddin, i hadent herd that. hmm... might have to stock up before the change

Erik
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
buddy of mine is going to Des Moines this weekend to stock up, since they don't sell it in Ks.

Rusty Shackleford
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
oooooo. they need to stop changing stuff so much

FlutterbyeKisses
05-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Linies.... Drooooolll
My favorite is Berry Weiss. But it's seasonal =(
I mean, no I've never had beer!! I'm only 20! But when I'm 21 I hear I should try Linies!
<.< Hehhehheh

FlutterbyeKisses
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Leini's
My bad
Spelling is stinky!

Rusty Shackleford
05-11-2009, 10:10 AM
sunset wheat. still my fave. tho i havent gotten to try the classic amber yet. maybe tonight ill grab a sixer

BamsBBQ
05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
sunset wheat. still my fave. tho i havent gotten to try the classic amber yet. maybe tonight ill grab a sixer

i like the honey weiss as well... my inlaws live in Chippewa Falls,WI

Spiffy1
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
In Leinies, the Bock is a bit thin for my tastes in bock, but without categorizing it as a bock: yummy! I'll gladly drink their Creamy Dark or Oktoberfest too, ahhhh I'll admit it, I'd glady drink most of their styles, though some I certainly do enjoy more than others.