• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Crock pot pizza

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anybody ever try it? My sister makes it and it is awesome. I found this recipe online which is real close to my sisters. She is gonna get it for me so i'll compare it to this one here. Anyway, here is the one i found online.
i did try putting sausage in it before and even though i browned it and drained it ...it was still greasy in the pot.

CROCK POT PIZZA

1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 med. onion, chopped
2 cans Ragu chunky pizza sauce mix
2/3 pkg. rigatoni noodles
3 lbs. Mozzarella cheese
Olives, peppers, mushrooms - optional
Pepperoni

Brown hamburger and onion together and drain. Mix in sauce mix. Make alternate layers in crock pot, starting with meat sauce, noodles, pepperoni and cheese. Cook on low for 5 hours.

K

kermit2

that is a lot of cheese in my opinion
also ditch the ragu, substitute with alfredo sauce
try shrimp and imitation crab meat instead of ground beef
just my take

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Our Scout Troop likes to cok in dutch ovens. My son made pizza in camp for his patrol this last summer. He used three Dutch ovens at once to make multiple pizza's. Dutch ovens make a nice outdoor crock pot; in this case though, he used them as mini ovens. All the boys raved about it.

He made his dough at home, and kept it cool. Made his own suace. Then cooked everythign up in camp.

I would try your recipe minus the meat, noodles, and cheese. Let that stew up in the crock pot. Then, use it as the sauce to make pizza's in the oven. That would be really yummy :D Cook the meat, then use the meat and cheese as a topping. Maybe add som fresh basil leaves, some shallots etc.

You might even put the pizza on the grill. We've done home made and take/bake on the Webber grill; amazing how it tastes on the grill compared to the oven.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
that is a lot of cheese in my opinion
also ditch the ragu, substitute with alfredo sauce
try shrimp and imitation crab meat instead of ground beef
just my take

Don't really care for shrimp or imitation crab meat but if you like it...go for it.:biggrin:

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Our Scout Troop likes to cok in dutch ovens. My son made pizza in camp for his patrol this last summer. He used three Dutch ovens at once to make multiple pizza's. Dutch ovens make a nice outdoor crock pot; in this case though, he used them as mini ovens. All the boys raved about it.

He made his dough at home, and kept it cool. Made his own suace. Then cooked everythign up in camp.

I would try your recipe minus the meat, noodles, and cheese. Let that stew up in the crock pot. Then, use it as the sauce to make pizza's in the oven. That would be really yummy :D Cook the meat, then use the meat and cheese as a topping. Maybe add som fresh basil leaves, some shallots etc.

You might even put the pizza on the grill. We've done home made and take/bake on the Webber grill; amazing how it tastes on the grill compared to the oven.

Sounds good...all kinds of potential with this recipe....:)

K

kermit2

That's whats good about pizza recipes, they are adaptable.
We have one crockpot pizza recipe that uses lasagna noodles.
What'll they think of next!

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
That's whats good about pizza recipes, they are adaptable.
We have one crockpot pizza recipe that uses lasagna noodles.
What'll they think of next!

I have made it with lasagna noodles before and it was great. I was gonna do it again this time but i already had a box of the rigatoni so i figured i will use them up. My sister makes a chili with rigatoni noodles and it is great too. I'm gonna have to make it sometime.