• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Don't be mislead.......

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Does this look familiar? If you are like millions of other people, you just click on it......
“Your Flash Version is too old. Your browser cannot play this file. Click “OK” to download and install update for Flash Video Player”
If so, you should read this article.... click here
If you are not into reading all the tech stuff, then the short story is "the user is told that “Your Flash Version is too old. Your browser cannot play this file. Click “OK” to download and install update for Flash Video Player” and the malware is served if he’s tricked into it"
This means that you have inadvertently downloaded some malware that is going to be slowing your computer and giving you constant pop ups. We all know how annoying that they can be, but once infected, it can be a hassle to get rid of it.. I was tricked last week, and then I kept getting pop ups that advised that my computer was infected with a virus, and to go to "this site" to purchase the "fix". I knew that it was a scam, so I searched around and found a free program to remove the malware.. It is called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. You can download it here... Even if you don't think that your computer is infected, it is a good program to have just in case. It is free, and all it can do is make your computer experiences better... Junkman....... looking out for the common man... :biggrin: