PDA

View Full Version : What do you cook that makes everyone brag on you?

American Woman
01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
I don't cook anything that anyone brags on :glare: Redneck's specialty is Baked beans. This past Christmas I cooked his beans for him and THEY NOTICED :hammer:
When his family gets together all his sisters, his momma,aunts,and grand mother had the one (or two) things that everyone requested them to bring.
I've tried everything and nobody says anything. I used to think I could cook :sad: Now I bring a few cans of heated corn, and they still say nothing....:glare:

jpr62902
01-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Does guacamole count? (Mine's the best)

American Woman
01-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes...How do you make it? I have only seen it on top of a salad in restaurants.
I bet if I walked in the room with something that took hours to make...next to one of his sisters with "poop on a stick" They would still brag on the poop on stick.

pirate_girl
01-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Well, I can't think of anything I've made recently that makes my family or friends brag so much.

Used to be a whiz at a lot of things when I cooked for a crowd.

As for this forum, the potato soup seems to be a big hit! lol

jpr62902
01-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Yes...How do you make it? I have only seen it on top of a salad in restaurants.
I bet if I walked in the room with something that took hours to make...next to one of his sisters with "poop on a stick" They would still brag on the poop on stick.

Well, I make it with love.

Poop on a stick? Who makes "Poop on a stick"?

American Woman
01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I make things with luv and they don't notice. SO give it up....
I said if they DID walk in with Poop on stick? :yum:

pirate_girl
01-27-2009, 11:49 PM
I make things with luv and they don't notice. SO give it up....
I said if they DID walk in with Poop on stick? :yum:
My sister's MIL always makes this gawd awful dressing at Thanksgiving.

It smells like a wet wash cloth and tastes sour.

I don't know what the hell she puts in it, but it's always requested of her to bring it!

It's sloppy and wet.

On the other hand, my Aunt Rosemary makes her fabulous dressing.

Over the years it's become a running joke in the family of the dressing competitions. haha!!

American Woman
01-27-2009, 11:51 PM
It smells like a wet wash cloth and tastes sour.

I don't know what the hell she puts in it, but it's always requested of her to bring it!

It's sloppy and wet.

See....there ya go Sam....."poop on a stick" :biggrin:

pirate_girl
01-27-2009, 11:55 PM
haha!!

jpr62902
01-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Sam's world famous guacamole:

2 avocados mashed with a fork

Ingredients to be liquified (I use my Magic Bullet. Not to be confused with a silver bullet -- ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about):

Half (or more if you like) a large onion (not sweet)
2 large jalapenos (not those mushy jarred slices, either)
2 handfuls of FRESH cilantro
2 medium cloves garlic
3 T. lime juice
Salt (c. 1 T)
Pepper (who cares at this point how much?)

3 Roma tomatoes, diced

Mix all the above in a big, shiny bowl.

Chill a few hours.

Enjoy! (I don't recommend it as a condiment for "poop dogs", however. just use corn chips)

jpr62902
01-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Oops! Almost forgot. Add love to taste.

pirate_girl
01-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I like that recipe!

RNE228
01-28-2009, 01:01 AM
My Mom has bragged about my Potato Soup since I was 10. She has bragged about my Sauerbraten since about the same time. The Potato soup I made up. The Sauerbraten, started from a recipe, and then changed as I found my own likings.

There are stories going around our Scout leaders about the dutch oven lasagna I made in camp last summer, with real ricotta cheese and everything; from scratch(did do the sauce prep at home...).

My brother always craves the pork loin with garlic, apple, and sauerkraut that I make in hunting camp in a dutch oven...

thcri
01-28-2009, 06:15 AM
I am well known for my Turkey dinners. Don't know why just am. When my family wants to get together it's let Dad cook. Even my brothers and sisters like it when I cook the turkey dinner. No one makes gravy like I do.

One thing I like to make that my kids like also is SOS.

murph

bczoom
01-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Steaks on the grill for me. I have a pretty crappy grill but can still cook a nice steak.

jim slagle
01-28-2009, 09:12 AM
What do you cook that makes everyone brag on you?

That's easy.

When I bring home take out. :hide:

Erik
01-28-2009, 09:25 AM
smoked meat

American Woman
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
What do you cook that makes everyone brag on you?

That's easy.

When I bring home take out. :hide:
That's what I'm talk'in about! The last get together I stoped at the grocery store and picked up some fried chicken :yum:

pirate_girl
01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
That's what I'm talk'in about! The last get together I stoped at the grocery store and picked up some fried chicken :yum:
To go with the canned corn? :brows::smile:

American Woman
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
To go with the canned corn? :brows::smile:
I did the canned corn a couple of times and still didn't get a reaction. All they said was "we needed a vegtable" :doh: I guess I will be invisable until I bring poop on a stick :yum:
Seriously.....it's not fair. I'm not THAT bad.

pirate_girl
01-28-2009, 12:31 PM
I did the canned corn a couple of times and still didn't get a reaction. All they said was "we needed a vegtable" :doh: I guess I will be invisable until I bring poop on a stick :yum:
Seriously.....it's not fair. I'm not THAT bad.
Next time, whip up a fabulous corn souffle.. you'll be the talk of the town, I gayrAWwwwwwnnnnnnntee:w00t2: haha!

American Woman
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Sam's world famous guacamole:

2 avocados mashed with a fork

Ingredients to be liquified (I use my Magic Bullet. Not to be confused with a silver bullet -- ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about):

Half (or more if you like) a large onion (not sweet)
2 large jalapenos (not those mushy jarred slices, either)
2 handfuls of FRESH cilantro
2 medium cloves garlic
3 T. lime juice
Salt (c. 1 T)
Pepper (who cares at this point how much?)

3 Roma tomatoes, diced

Mix all the above in a big, shiny bowl.

Chill a few hours.

Enjoy! (I don't recommend it as a condiment for "poop dogs", however. just use corn chips)

Now this sounds good....I'm going to try it next time we get together. What would I bring with it? Those big flat chips?
And I do know the difference between the bullets. It's a no brainer..... you can't mix a thing with the silver one :hammer:

American Woman
01-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Next time, whip up a fabulous corn souffle.. you'll be the talk of the town, I gayrAWwwwwwnnnnnnntee:w00t2: haha!
And what is a corn souffle?????:unsure:

pirate_girl
01-28-2009, 12:38 PM
And what is a corn souffle?????:unsure:
Ingredients

2 eggs (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=142), beaten
1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup creamed corn
1 cup whole kernel corn (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=229), drained
2 tablespoons pimientos (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=172), chopped drained (optional)
1/2 cup butter (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=141)
1/2 medium green pepper (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=150), finely chopped
1 medium onion (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=148), finely chopped
1/2 pint sour cream (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=147)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=564)

Directions

Mix eggs, cornbread mix, creamed corn, kernel corn and pimentos together in a Pyrex serving bowl; set aside.
Sauté chopped green peppers and onions in butter until tender.
Pour entire contents of pan (butter and all) on top of corn mixture.
Do not stir into the corn mixture.
Let it set on top of it.
Gently spread it over casserole.
Stir sour cream until it is somewhat spreadable.
Gently spread over the butter, onion, green pepper mixture.
If it mixes a little it is okay, just don't stir it together.
Top with shredded cheese.
Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
Casserole should rise like a souffle and bubble around edges, cheese should be nicely browned.
Make take lid off for the last 5 minutes but make sure to watch the cheese so it won't get too dark!

Or, you could buy Stouffer's frozen, 2 boxes, nuke it, take it.. no one would know the difference.
:D http://www.stouffers.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=97&ServingSizeId=0&ProductGroupId=0&SearchText=&ServingSize=&ProductGroup=&cP=1&isPOn=True

American Woman
01-28-2009, 12:44 PM
:yum: They will think I'm gett'in all fancy on'em :yum:
One of my SIL's brings a broccoli casserole and
IT'S NOT THAT GREAT y'all:hammer:

I feel like Cinderella without the fancy dress and all :glare:

CityGirl
01-28-2009, 12:54 PM
AW, Save your efforts for Redneck and your immediate family. Sounds to me like you will not impress these folks....feed 'em from a can. Don't cast your pearls before swine.

BigAl
01-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Iv'e had my goose cooked a few times . People seemed to enjoy seeing that .:sad:

jpr62902
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Now this sounds good....I'm going to try it next time we get together. What would I bring with it? Those big flat chips?

Yup. Any tortilla chip will do.

RoadKing
01-28-2009, 02:31 PM
I have been cooking for years, my mother was a great cook and taught my wife when we first got married.

What we get repeat requests for are,

French Canadian Pork pie and Gorton ( a soft pork based spread, great on toast on in sandwiches )

Jambalaya

Fish Chowder - living close to the ocean in the northeast helps with the quality of the fish.

Spinacopita - Spinach Pie - my community has a large Greek community and I picked up a terrific recipe.

What I'm looking for now is a good recipe for Lamb Saag one of my favorite Indian dishes.

American Woman
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
AW, Save your efforts for Redneck and your immediate family. Sounds to me like you will not impress these folks....feed 'em from a can. Don't cast your pearls before swine.
You would think after over 18 years I wouldn't care. But I get ticked off everytime they tell someone they have to bring a certain dish...like I'm not standing there in front of them with my pan of corn:hammer:

Iv'e had my goose cooked a few times . People seemed to enjoy seeing that .:sad:
I don't want to see it :whistling:

I have been cooking for years, my mother was a great cook and taught my wife when we first got married.

What we get repeat requests for are,

French Canadian Pork pie and Gorton ( a soft pork based spread, great on toast on in sandwiches )

Jambalaya

Fish Chowder - living close to the ocean in the northeast helps with the quality of the fish.

Spinacopita - Spinach Pie - my community has a large Greek community and I picked up a terrific recipe.

What I'm looking for now is a good recipe for Lamb Saag one of my favorite Indian dishes.
This post is worthless without a recipie :hammer:
Start with the French Canadian Pork pie and Gorton :wink:

RoadKing
01-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't have it in front of me, I'll post them tonight.

American Woman
01-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't have it in front of me, I'll post them tonight.
Fair enough.....:flowers:

Erik
01-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Dad used to make this stuff called Kanip - which was pork roast cooked, ground, mixed with clove and other spices & some oatmeal, cooked again, then poured into loaf pans to be sliced up and pan fried before serving - anything like gorton?

EastTexFrank
01-28-2009, 06:18 PM

This came from my wife's "Indian Restaurant Cookbook" by The Curry Club, written by Pat Chapman. It's a British publication.

It seems like a hard way to make spicy mutton stew. :yum::yum: I guess you're in to this kind of thing. Personally, I like to eat it but it's way too much work to make. I don't even know what some of these spices are but if I looked I bet I could find them in my wife's cupboard.

Bamby
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll share one that's funny to us at least. My better half makes real decent lasagna. It's the dish that we normally take to reunions and other large gatherings. she normally makes it with ground venison.we took this dish to a family reunion,forgetting that one of the aunts was staunchly anti-hunting,she ate two helpings and raved about how good it was. I pulled wife aside and told her not to say a word about what she made it with. We laugh about this every time we make lasagna.

RoadKing
01-28-2009, 08:27 PM
It seems like a hard way to make spicy mutton stew. :yum::yum: I guess you're in to this kind of thing. Personally, I like to eat it but it's way too much work to make. I don't even know what some of these spices are but if I looked I bet I could find them in my wife's cupboard.

Thanks, I love this stuff. also there is a big difference in taste and texture of fresh spring lamb and mutton.

American Woman
01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
This came from my wife's "Indian Restaurant Cookbook" by The Curry Club, written by Pat Chapman. It's a British publication.

My son in-law is from India and he makes a dish similar to this only he uses chicken. He makes two pans when he's here. One is spicy hot and the other not. Indian heat is HOT
I'll share one that's funny to us at least. My better half makes real decent lasagna. It's the dish that we normally take to reunions and other large gatherings. she normally makes it with ground venison.we took this dish to a family reunion,forgetting that one of the aunts was staunchly anti-hunting,she ate two helpings and raved about how good it was. I pulled wife aside and told her not to say a word about what she made it with. We laugh about this every time we make lasagna. At least you didn't tell her....Redneck wouldn't be able to hold that back. Shoot....he'd give her to her on purpose :whistling:
Speaking of Lasagna....Redneck had an old girlfriend that cooked the best lasagna (so I hear :rolleyes:) I can't remember anything he has bragged on that I cook....just wait till he goes to sleep tonight :hammer:

CityGirl
01-28-2009, 11:09 PM
My daughter made this last weekend. It is a very hearty stew. She Served the stew in the bread bowls.

Peppered Beef Soup

Prep: 20 min.; Cook: 8 hr., 8 min. Freeze leftovers in an airtight container up to three months.
Makes 12 cups
Ingredients
· 1 (4-lb.) sirloin tip beef roast
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
· 6 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
· 1 (16-oz.) package baby carrots
· 2 (12-oz.) bottles lager beer*
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
· 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
· 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules

Toasted Bread Bowls

Prep: 10 min., Bake: 10 min. Ingredients
· 6 (5- to 6-inch) artisan bread rounds*
· Vegetable cooking spray
· 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches from top of each bread round; scoop out center, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Reserve soft centers for another use. Lightly coat bread shells and, if desired, cut sides of tops, with cooking spray. Place, cut sides up, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
*6 (4-inch) hoagie rolls may be substituted.

Make the easiest homemade croutons with the soft centers from these bowls. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut the reserved centers into 1-inch cubes; coat lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; add 1 tsp. desired dried herbs or seasonings. Seal bag, and shake to coat. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and coat again with cooking spray. Bake at 400°, stirring occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container

American Woman
01-28-2009, 11:24 PM
My daughter made this last weekend. It is a very hearty stew. She Served the stew in the bread bowls.

Peppered Beef Soup

Prep: 20 min.; Cook: 8 hr., 8 min. Freeze leftovers in an airtight container up to three months.
Makes 12 cups
Ingredients
· 1 (4-lb.) sirloin tip beef roast
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
· 6 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
· 1 (16-oz.) package baby carrots
· 2 (12-oz.) bottles lager beer*
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
· 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
· 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules

Toasted Bread Bowls

Prep: 10 min., Bake: 10 min. Ingredients
· 6 (5- to 6-inch) artisan bread rounds*
· Vegetable cooking spray
· 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches from top of each bread round; scoop out center, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Reserve soft centers for another use. Lightly coat bread shells and, if desired, cut sides of tops, with cooking spray. Place, cut sides up, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
*6 (4-inch) hoagie rolls may be substituted.

Make the easiest homemade croutons with the soft centers from these bowls. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut the reserved centers into 1-inch cubes; coat lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; add 1 tsp. desired dried herbs or seasonings. Seal bag, and shake to coat. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and coat again with cooking spray. Bake at 400°, stirring occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container
That sounds like a cool pot pie :flowers:

pirate_girl
01-28-2009, 11:25 PM
OMG bread bowls!
Get me to Panera Bread!!!
Trouble is, you can't really EAT the bread bowl after you finish the soup.
It's very tough.. sourdough.. but.... I try! LOL

American Woman
01-28-2009, 11:29 PM
What's artisan bread rounds ? Can you get them in a grocery store?

CityGirl
01-28-2009, 11:32 PM
What's artisan bread rounds ? Can you get them in a grocery store?

Usually in the bakery section. http://bp3.blogger.com/_BWRua5l70j4/SH0qkrNqJgI/AAAAAAAACD8/yx6oU9If9LE/s400/IMG_7661a.JPG

American Woman
01-28-2009, 11:35 PM
They are already baked? So you just scoop out the middle and stuff it with your stew? That sound easy enough :huh:

CityGirl
01-28-2009, 11:38 PM
They are already baked? So you just scoop out the middle and stuff it with your stew? That sound easy enough :huh:

That's all you do. Looks fancy but so simple. Bet they won't not notice that!!!!

EastTexFrank
01-29-2009, 12:08 AM
also there is a big difference in taste and texture of fresh spring lamb and mutton.

I'm Scottish. We know about sheep. That's why we wear kilts ... sheep can hear a zipper at 50 paces. :yum:

Ok. Let the sheep jokes start now that I've opened the door.

pirate_girl
01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm Scottish. We know about sheep. That's why we wear kilts ... sheep can hear a zipper at 50 paces. :yum:

:eek: haha!!

American Woman
01-29-2009, 12:11 AM

Maybe the cattle round ups would get easier if the guys wore skirts :huh:
That zipper sound probably brings back bad memories :yum:

pirate_girl
01-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Never liked lamb Frank, until I lived over there.. my Irish FIL once made a Sunday dinner of seared lamb chops with mint sauce and champ... followed up by sponge and custard for pud.. omg.. that was good!

CityGirl
01-29-2009, 12:16 AM

What did one sheep say to the other sheep?

"after ewe"

CityGirl
01-29-2009, 12:18 AM
What would you get if you crossed a goat and a sheep?

An animal that eats tin cans and gives back steel wool

Why did the lamb call the police?

he had been fleeced

What do female elephants use for tampons?

A: Sheep!
Why did the elephants have to stop using sheep as tampons? A: They were afraid of getting toxic flock syndrome

he had been fleeced

Erik
01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
OMG bread bowls!

who says you can't? :D

CityGirl
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
OMG bread bowls!

The bowls my daughter used were very much edible and they soften with the stew inside. Too filling to eat the whole thing.

Erik
01-29-2009, 11:38 AM
The bowls my daughter used were very much edible and they soften with the stew inside. Too filling to eat the whole thing.

hmmmm... I've never had a problem with that, even at Panera's...

pirate_girl
01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
who says you can't? :D
I've tried Erik.. the bread was way too hard for me to pull apart, never mind chew!

Erik
01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I've tried Erik.. the bread was way too hard for me to pull apart, never mind chew!

you probably just need more meat in your diet - work on those jaw muscles... :D

American Woman
01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
What do female elephants use for tampons?

A: Sheep!

:shock: :yum:

Cowboyjg
01-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Where's JohnDay and Mith when you need them.....

Back to the thread....

Food Brags...

Chocolate Cherry Swirl Fudge Brownies

Steak Sandwich

Ultimate Pot Roast

Vegatable Beef Soup

Lemon Cheesecake

American Woman
01-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Where's JohnDay and Mith when you need them.....

Back to the thread....

Food Brags...

Chocolate Cherry Swirl Fudge Brownies

Steak Sandwich

Ultimate Pot Roast

Vegetable Beef Soup

Lemon Cheesecake
Do you have your recipe for the Lemon Cheese cake? A few years ago I went on a Cheese cake making frenzy :doh: I was trying to make the perfect Cheese cake for someone that loved Cheese cake....well I didn't take into consideration he was an butt hole and none of the ones I made were good enough. They were either too dry or too moist, or burnt :blush:

pirate_girl
01-31-2009, 12:34 AM
Cory, how can you burn cheesecake??:hammer::yum:

Cowboyjg
01-31-2009, 07:10 AM
Here ya go Cory...

It's actually a fat free recipe but I think that's sacralige.

Ingredients

Crust:

Cooking spray
1 3/4 cups fat-free vanilla wafer cookie crumbs, or any fat-free cookie crumbs of your choice
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Filling:

3 (8-ounce) packages fat-free (or not) cream cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream
2 cups sugar or sugar substitute (I use Splenda for fat free version)
3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Curd:

1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute (Again, Splenda)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits, or any fat-free butter substitute
Directions

Make crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lightly spray a (9-inch) springform pan with cooking spray. Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of pan. Many people make the mistake of trying to bring crust all the way to the top of the pan.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and crust is set. Cool on rack.

Make filling: In large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high, beat cream cheese and sour cream for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar or sugar substitute. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until incorporated. Beat in zest and juice. Pour into crust. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until center is almost set, but still slightly jiggly. (Do not overbake, as it will firm as it cools). Let cool completely.

I like to bake my cheescake in water. Some people don't. I've actually done this recipe both ways.

Make lemon curd: In the top of a double boiler, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, egg yolk, and sugar or sugar substitute over gently simmering water. Whisk until hot and frothy, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in butter and continue whisking for 7 minutes or until thickened and coats back of spoon. Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.

Run a thin blade around the edge of the springform pan and remove sides. Transfer to a serving plate. Spread lemon curd over top. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Garnish with raspberries and zest, if desired. Cool cheesecake in refrigerator several hours or overnight before serving.

American Woman
01-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Cory, how can you burn cheesecake??:hammer::yum:
I don't know....that's what he said :confused2: That's why he's an ex :glare: he doesn't know a good cheescake when he sees it :whistling:
Here ya go Cory...

It's actually a fat free recipe but I think that's sacralige.

Ingredients

Crust:

Cooking spray
1 3/4 cups fat-free vanilla wafer cookie crumbs, or any fat-free cookie crumbs of your choice
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Filling:

3 (8-ounce) packages fat-free (or not) cream cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream
2 cups sugar or sugar substitute (I use Splenda for fat free version)
3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Curd:

1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute (Again, Splenda)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits, or any fat-free butter substitute
Directions

Make crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lightly spray a (9-inch) springform pan with cooking spray. Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of pan. Many people make the mistake of trying to bring crust all the way to the top of the pan.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and crust is set. Cool on rack.

Make filling: In large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high, beat cream cheese and sour cream for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar or sugar substitute. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until incorporated. Beat in zest and juice. Pour into crust. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until center is almost set, but still slightly jiggly. (Do not overbake, as it will firm as it cools). Let cool completely.

I like to bake my cheescake in water. Some people don't. I've actually done this recipe both ways.

Make lemon curd: In the top of a double boiler, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, egg yolk, and sugar or sugar substitute over gently simmering water. Whisk until hot and frothy, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in butter and continue whisking for 7 minutes or until thickened and coats back of spoon. Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.

Run a thin blade around the edge of the springform pan and remove sides. Transfer to a serving plate. Spread lemon curd over top. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Garnish with raspberries and zest, if desired. Cool cheesecake in refrigerator several hours or overnight before serving.
Thanks! And it's fat free to too :thumb:

PieSusan
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I have been known for my baking all my life. My name Queen of All Things Baked was given to me by someone named Koshersalty. I have a special knack for it.