• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Most disgusting thing you've eaten at a restaurant?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, just curious, but what is the nastiest thing you've put in your mouth, that was served to you at a restaurant?

Now when we were in Scotland we had Haggis. That was actually excellent. Ordered it twice. At home I cook Kishka, which is an eastern European blood sausage, love that too. None of that even makes the nasty scale.

I had some raw squid body served to me in Las Vegas at a sushi bar. It was fresh, but it was some nasty stuff. Made me gag a bit. But that is not the worst thing. The absolute worth thing I've eaten was in Chinatown. A Chinese delicacy that is not often served to silly white tourists. CHICKEN FEET. Nothing compares. They are just nasty.

So . . .

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Candy *** city boys. The chicken feet were part of the chicken. Therefore they are edible. Growing up on the farm, nothing was thrown away that was edible. If you made fried chicken, the feet were fried up and served with the rest of the chicken.:biggrin:

Have you ever eaten head cheese or pickled pigs feet?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder if PG'll say; Sushi??!! :rolf2:
Hey!!! :hammer:
I've had sushi a couple of times.
We used to have a HUGE chinese buffet that closed down in Lima.
It had it's own sushi bar. There were several types to select, of course.
None of them impressed me.. ick!

I do like a good bagel with lox and cream cheese, cured salmon is the closest I'll get to eating raw fish... except for the eels I tried at a seaside place in England. ewwww!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Candy *** city boys. The chicken feet were part of the chicken. Therefore they are edible. Growing up on the farm, nothing was thrown away that was edible. If you made fried chicken, the feet were fried up and served with the rest of the chicken.:biggrin:

I have, and they weren't half bad.
That was a long time ago.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, those were staples in the house when I was a kid. Pickled hocks too.

BTW, fried chicken feet would be better than what I had. They were more like candied style, soft, cold, and nasty.

hummmmm...ok...raw oysters...
Those are good. I love them. Raw clams too.

D

darroll

I had chocolate covered ants.
They tasted great and I thought it was rice crispies.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, those were staples in the house when I was a kid. Pickled hocks too.

BTW, fried chicken feet would be better than what I had. They were more like candied style, soft, cold, and nasty.

Rumor has it that the Chinese do not wash the feet as it improves the taste.:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After about 2:15 :yum:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBt5hDVy2zw&feature=PlayList&p=C1F34069782AFA9A&playnext=1&index=14"]YouTube - Jerry Lewis - Who's Minding the Store 10[/ame]

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rumor has it that the Chinese do not wash the feet as it improves the taste.:whistling:

Heck I'd believe that, and that they don't wash anything in the kitchen either. But all that said, you never told us the nastiest thing you've eaten :hammer:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Those are good. I love them. Raw clams too.
Most guys do like them. Redneck does too. The only way I will eat one is with hot sauce and 5 crackers on the top and bottom. Then I ask my self Why?

:yum::yum::yum:
Sounds like they are feeding people a lotta crap at that restaurant right there.:whistling:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Heck I'd believe that, and that they don't wash anything in the kitchen either. But all that said, you never told us the nastiest thing you've eaten :hammer:

I really cannot think of anything really nasty that I have eaten in a restaurant, I have eaten snails, raw fish and other things. Some have pleased my palate, some only so so.

I have eaten good food that has been ruined by the way it was cooked or the sauce that was used, but nothing that was really nasty. :unsure:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I ate in an Ethiopian restaurant in Dallas once. We ordered a kind of Ethiopian mezza which was little bit of everything. There was no plates or cutlery, it was served in individual piles on a huge piece of flat bread on a metal platter. You tore off a piece of bread and scooped from the separate piles of food on the bread. It didn't matter what you chose, it was all nasty. It came with a bottle of Ethiopian wine which was also the worst thing I had ever drank. No wonder the people are all starving over there. It's not that there isn't anything to eat, it's just that they won't eat that crap either. Never Again.

As far as the pig's trotters, oysters and the rest of that stuff, I love them all but I've never tried chicken feet. I did refuse to eat sheep's eye balls in Egypt. I just couldn't force myself to do that. Same goes for nuetra in Louisianna. There's not much I won't try but you have to draw the line somewhere. Calf fries are OK.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I ate in an Ethiopian restaurant in Dallas once. We ordered a kind of Ethiopian mezza which was little bit of everything. There was no plates or cutlery, it was served in individual piles on a huge piece of flat bread on a metal platter. You tore off a piece of bread and scooped from the separate piles of food on the bread. It didn't matter what you chose, it was all nasty. It came with a bottle of Ethiopian wine which was also the worst thing I had ever drank. No wonder the people are all starving over there. It's not that there isn't anything to eat, it's just that they won't eat that crap either. Never Again.
Did they have those plates of the food atop the heated candles?
I ate at an Ethiopian place down in Indy once and that's how they served it.
Also had a coffee drink that was crap! They insisted we drink it after the meal.:doh:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
If it doesn't walk of the table I'll probably eat it.

The only thing I will never eat again is squid/calimari I've had it 3 times in three different restaurants, cooked three different ways and it still tastes like fishy rubber bands.

I have alligator boudin in the freezer now.

Bring on the blood sausage. Hold the squid

Gatorboy

I guess most of you haven't eaten anything DISGUSTING. Raw oysters, clams, sushi, chocolate covered ants, and the like are delicious!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I guess most of you haven't eaten anything DISGUSTING. Raw oysters, clams, sushi, chocolate covered ants, and the like are delicious!

well, since they specified "at a restaurant" it does limit the choices somewhat...