• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Where did you say you are calling too:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Do you have something against folks from India?
I don't have anything against folks from India.

I do have an issue with companies having people in their call centers to support English speaking callers who cannot be understood.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Do you have something against folks from India?

Not in the least! I have no problem with any group of people. What I do have an issue with is Dell buiding computers there to sell here, and the people that he is paying to build them could not even afford one..........

I also have issue with not being able to understand what is being troubleshot on the phone.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing against people from India, but F Dell!!!! :finger2: Lying cheating thieving bastards! They can rot in hell for all I care, and probably will.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dargo said:
Nothing against people from India, but F Dell!!!! :finger2: Lying cheating thieving bastards! They can rot in hell for all I care, and probably will.

Dargo,

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about Dell?? :D:yum:

Actually I have been very happy with Dell over the years. Never really had any problem with the 20 or so computers. But the last time I did call in I did get a little upset. Yeppers, I could not understand the person I was talking to. I may think twice about buying another Dell.

murph

humor_me

ddrane2115 said:
I have no problem with any group of people. What I do have an issue with is Dell buiding computers there to sell here, and the people that he is paying to build them could not even afford one..........

I also have issue with not being able to understand what is being troubleshot on the phone.

I have had great success with all our Dells, but, it does chap me that right here in our great state of TEXAS we have people here who need jobs who can talk on the telephone, can read from the Dell script, can speak and be understood, and can even type, without going anywhere but down the street.

C'mon Mr. Dell, keep the money here so we can help offset all those tax breaks your company got!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
humor_me said:
I have had great success with all our Dells, but, it does chap me that right here in our great state of TEXAS we have people here who need jobs who can talk on the telephone, can read from the Dell script, can speak and be understood, and can even type, without going anywhere but down the street.

C'mon Mr. Dell, keep the money here so we can help offset all those tax breaks your company got!

Just to nit-pick, but I've talked with people from Texas where I don't have a clue what the hell they are saying. :yum:

Gatorboy

humor_me said:

But will they work for the same wage?

humor_me

Gatorboy said:

Who knows? That's not the point. The point is, there's plenty of help available here. Why not use your local resources. Though it may be the cheapest, outsourcing is not always the best answer. But, just think how the image will be tarnished after a while if enough people get peeved.
Perhaps they should do what they know is the right thing to do, rather than what the bean-counters want.
It could only improve customer relations.:thumb:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:

NO, they wont. That is why dell from hell is moving his call centers to where he can pay .50 a day. He does not care about what the US govt has done for him and his company. He does not care that people here need jobs, and that those he is paying that .50 a day can not afford his crappy computers. Like someone mentioned when WE have enough of this lousy service, we will stop buying his computers then he can go LIVE in India.............

I see enough of his junk and his lousy service in my job

Gatorboy

ddrane2115 said:
...his crappy computers.

Yikes! My company has about 30,000 Dells in use everyday -- what brand should I tell the head of IT we should begin using instead?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Yikes! My company has about 30,000 Dells in use everyday -- what brand should I tell the head of IT we should begin using instead?

We have a server room full of dells here also. We just got some of the new blade servers. Awesome. You oughta see the insides of these babies. Very impressive.
We had compac before switching to dell 5 years ago. We've had very good performance from the dell server line. We also have dell desktops for our workstations. PC support is constantly having problems. It appears to me the workstations are not made to the same standard that the servers are.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Honestly, I don't know that one but I would just have your IT dept. head let Dell know that the company is going to start shopping due to the potential support ramifications of Dell moving everything out of country.

I wonder if Dell would re-consider this initiative if enough big clients (and home users) let Dell know.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Gatorboy said:

I'm impressed..... I didn't think that anyone at your company ever listened to anything that you had to say.... :yum: :yum: :yum:

OregonAlex

I have to admit, if your company buys a lot of Dells and has a service agreement with them you get treated really well compared to the rest of the lone pee-ons (residential customers). Their computers still suck but at least when something goes wrong, you can get someone out the next day (on site) to your office to fix your computer. I live out in the sticks (home office) and they came out here (down miles of gravel roads) and about an hour out of the big city to replace my motherboard inside my laptop. Usually the very next day; Service provided by their partner Unisys.

by the way.. I got yelled at by their "real US based" tech support that I was using my "portable" computer on my lap. "Sir, it is a NOT a laptop, it is a portable computer. It is NOT designed to be used on your lap. That is why we are careful to call them a portable computer and not laptop. If you use it on your lap you end up covering up the air intake holes and the CPU fan with your legs. As a result the computer will start malfunctioning." They were right. All the fake "titianium" paint has pealed off the bottom of my "portable" computer right around the CPU and RAM areas due to heat. My case has bowed and my power connector had seperated from the motherboard soldiered joints.

I still use it as a laptop. If it breaks again, they can come and fix it again. I aint gonna put it on a table all the time. "Portable" computer notion is crazy.

Dell does have good tech support based in the US. It is reserved for business service agreements. Residential customers get outsourced to Asia.

btw, if you are really concerned about good tech support and reliable computers. looks at Consumers Reports for who has the best customer service AND the most reliable computers. There is a single company which makes #1 each year; consistently year after year. It ain't Dell.

Last edited:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:

:yum: :yum: :yum: Apparently your head of IT has their retirement plan fully funded in an offshore account! I'm assuming you didn't get any of that money.

With Dell cheating and stealing, it will be amazing if they are even a shell of what they are now in a few years. In general, when you start cornholing the general public, you are desperate and going down the tubes. I don't give a squat if their financial statements say they are fine. I recall a few larger companies who recently reported that all was merry just before then went under. Because of Dell's deceptive and dishonest business practices:

To Hell with Dell!!

To Hell with Dell!!

To Hell with Dell!! :moon: :moon: :moon:

If you really want me to tell you what I feel about Dell, I'll PM you so I don't have to be so blunt in public. ;)

P.S. Scum sucking PC makers like Dell Hell have driven me to now seriously consider my future computer needs to be filled with Macs.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It appears to me the workstations are not made to the same standard that the servers are.>>>>>

exactly! and if you dont buy the "extra" support, phone support sucks.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
OregonAlex said:
I have to admit, if your company buys a lot of Dells and has a service agreement with them you get treated really well compared to the rest of the lone pee-ons (residential customers). Their computers still suck but at least when something goes wrong, you can get someone out the next day (on site) to your office to fix your computer. I live out in the sticks (home office) and they came out here (down miles of gravel roads) and about an hour out of the big city to replace my motherboard inside my laptop. Usually the very next day; Service provided by their partner Unisys.

by the way.. I got yelled at by their "real US based" tech support that I was using my "portable" computer on my lap. "Sir, it is a NOT a laptop, it is a portable computer. It is NOT designed to be used on your lap. That is why we are careful to call them a portable computer and not laptop. If you use it on your lap you end up covering up the air intake holes and the CPU fan with your legs. As a result the computer will start malfunctioning." They were right. All the fake "titianium" paint has pealed off the bottom of my "portable" computer right around the CPU and RAM areas due to heat. My case has bowed and my power connector had seperated from the motherboard soldiered joints.

I still use it as a laptop. If it breaks again, they can come and fix it again. I aint gonna put it on a table all the time. "Portable" computer notion is crazy.

Dell does have good tech support based in the US. It is reserved for business service agreements. Residential customers get outsourced to Asia.

btw, if you are really concerned about good tech support and reliable computers. looks at Consumers Reports for who has the best customer service AND the most reliable computers. There is a single company which makes #1 each year; consistently year after year. It ain't Dell.

My toshiba has those intake and exhaust vents in the SIDES of the computer.......where they are not obstructed by legs. I laptop cooler is nice to have though, and I use one on mine.