• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

To hell with it ! I'm having a drink !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My first in a LONG..... long time . I just poured myself a cognac in a snifter and sat down to relax . What the doc don't know ,won't hurt him .:shifty:

I may pay for this later ,but today I raise my glass to you, Sir or Madam ,and say Merry Christmas :xmas:.

......Oh What the hell !!!.....Hey Woman!!!! Where are my Cuban cigars??? :beer:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If anyones near by ,drinks are on the house !!! Actually there at the bar ,,,but you know what I mean :dizzy:.
BERRY MASCHRIST EVERYONE:burp:!!!! .....wow ... I can't feel my tongue....

D

darroll

Tonight is my beer nite.
I went and worked in the yard by picking up the debris that the storm left.
Yea it’s finally warming up here.
Cheers Big Al in about an hour.
Merry Christmas.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
If anyones near by ,drinks are on the house !!! Actually there at the bar ,,,but you know what I mean :dizzy:.
BERRY MASCHRIST EVERYONE:burp:!!!! .....wow ... I can't feel my tongue....

Well, are you in Panama or Idaho?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
My first in a LONG..... long time . I just poured myself a cognac in a snifter and sat down to relax . What the doc don't know ,won't hurt him .:shifty:

I may pay for this later ,but today I raise my glass to you, Sir or Madam ,and say Merry Christmas :xmas:.

......Oh What the hell !!!.....Hey Woman!!!! Where are my Cuban cigars??? :beer:

Most doctors die before their patients anyway... They don't take their own advice...:yum:

Merry Christmas...:thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So how are you feeling today Al?
We tipped a few last night. Had a couple of places to stop by for Christmas eve. We had torrential rains. The type I normally only see when I'm in Virginia or the Carilinas where the rain comes down so hard you have to pull off the road.
I'm just glad it wasn't SNOW. :hide:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So how are you feeling today Al?
We tipped a few last night. Had a couple of places to stop by for Christmas eve. We had torrential rains. The type I normally only see when I'm in Virginia or the Carilinas where the rain comes down so hard you have to pull off the road.
I'm just glad it wasn't SNOW. :hide:
Oh I'm ok :shock: Trying to get my tongue unstuck from the roof of my mouth .
Snowing here in Calif as I type this . Much more is expected .

Wife is preparing a Christmas Dinner for Dad and then we will take it up to the nursing home and visit with him . We are trying to make everything he likes to eat .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Be careful Al, those occasional drinks can kill ya'.

Like you, I haven't had a drink in months. Don't know why, just never felt the need, but I did have a Scotch after we returned from the big family dinner on Christmas Eve. I took the dogs out just after midnight in pitch darkness and I'll be darned if I didn't trip and fall over the trailing wheel of the bush hog. I forgot that I'd moved it that day. I gouged my right leg, smacked and cut my forehead on the asphalt and hurt my neck. :bonk: I roll over on my back, waiting for my head to clear, being licked all over by the dogs who think this a great new game, and I swear, believe this or not, I swear I heard Santa flying over laughing his darned a** off. That last part might have been the result of the blow to the head. :smile:

So, the moral is clear, either don't drink at all or drink enough that you don't feel any pain when you do something totally stupid.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and remember .... don't drink and walk, it can be dangerous for you and anyone you happen to land on. :bonk:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing Frank. :yum: I'm glad you are okay. I doubt the one scotch had anything to do with your fall. The drink might have actually loosened you up so you didn't get hurt quite as bad as you might have. :beer:

ps. Any chance you have a video of the event? Now that we know you are okay, it could be funny to watch. :D :poke:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
ps. Any chance you have a video of the event? Now that we know you are okay, it could be funny to watch. :D :poke:

Sorry, no video. I would have needed night vision equipment. It was really dark.

There is an upside to it though. I'm getting some mileage out of it. Whenever anyone looks at my scraped and bloodied forehead, I tell them that my wife didn't think that a new pot scrubber was an appropriate Christmas gift. It ticks her off but it serves her right. Like you, when she found out I was basically OK, she started to laugh. I don't know how I've managed to spend 30 years with a woman with such a twisted sense of humor. What does a man have to do to get some sympathy around here??? Thank God for the dogs. At least they don't think that I'm a total idiot ... or maybe they do. Who can tell with dogs?