• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gammon....Cooking Live Now!!!

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Ok im cooking tonight ready for Christmas and first up is a Smoked Gammon Joint(bone in still)....3.3kg in weight and im going to roast it/steam it in the oven for 3hrs maybe a little longer(only needs to feed 2 adults and 3 children but im greedy).

First up i have let it stand in water for 3 hrs to take away a little of the saltiness...some do this up to 6 hrs but im ok with a bit of the salt flavor it makes all the difference.

first Pics as this is a work in progress......feel free to chip in along the way....

PS drinking is mandatory and so is having fun.

Attachments

• SDC10187.JPG
    SDC10187.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 70
  • SDC10189.JPG
    SDC10189.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 67

Galvatron

Ok been soaked so now in a roasting pan and brine at the bottom and some boiling water tipped in the bottom of the roasting tin...covered with foil oven pre-heated to 220c and straight in the oven.....as soon as the door is shut heat reduced to 190c.....

now its beer time and a waiting game of 2hr 30 min no opening the door just let it steam and cook.....back soon.:thumb:

PS i burnt my thumb.

Attachments

• SDC10190.JPG
    SDC10190.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 64
  • SDC10191.JPG
    SDC10191.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 62

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I really doubt if I can get there in 2 1/2 hours...............

But it looks good so far

Galvatron

Ok...2 and a half Hrs up so out of the oven foil off and juices drained....back in the oven for the final 30min without foil....time for a large southern comfort or 2....

Attachments

• SDC10211.JPG
    SDC10211.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 62
  • SDC10212.JPG
    SDC10212.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 63

Galvatron

Hey Presto 1 cooked Gammon.....and it tastes yum yum yum(my son was chief taster):thumb:

Attachments

• SDC10213.JPG
    SDC10213.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 55
  • SDC10215.JPG
    SDC10215.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 60