• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spam? How about cookies?

The Tourist

Banned
Because my business is on my lap-top, I'm careful with financial information, secured sites, and the regular running of software protection.

Well, in another thread, a member here mentioned getting a lot of credit cared requests in the mail. For me, the financial downturn we are experiencing has impacted me in "computer selling."

Last night I noticed that my computer was running a tad slow when I clicked on and off various pages. This happens often, it just means I need to run a protection program--simple enough.

I began the program, minimized it, and began working on other things. In fact, I had this forum open. Usually, my program can run and finish inside of twenty minutes. It ran a tad longer, and I pulled it up.

I was startled to see that I had collected 39 cookies, about six or seven tracking cookies, and one "bad site." That's a lot for me in one week.

It appears that companies that track buying habits and my individual sales are watching me like never before. Even my fake hotmail "spam trap" has been rockin' and rollin' lately with everything from low cost Russian prescriptions to "hot girls in my community." Everybody seems to be selling at an all-time pace.

Now granted, it's a simple matter to run malware programs and delete spam. Usually I can run them and still work. But it appears a full-court press is on in cyberspace.

Anyone else getting pelted with salesmen at a higher rate? What are you doing about it. It's annoying.