• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nationwide FREE broadband ?

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
They say if something sounds too good to be true.................??

Free Broadband

Who was it that invented the internet.........wasn't it some famous politician ??

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out after the new guy takes office.......will it be rat holed & forgotten, or will it be one of his greatest deeds ?

D

darroll

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Free broadband?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
it'll only be free until you figure out how many tax $$'s it takes to make it available.

Smoke

One of my college professors said that in the future Broadband will be completely free, I don't see how this could be possible TBH..

Trakternut

Could be free, but, how many hours will be wasted looking at ads posted on the 'net in return?? Might be just like "free" tv or radio. 35 mins of commercials in a half-hour program.
I'm happy with what I have, thank-you-very-much. :glare:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The taxpayers in this country can no longer afford free. Check out Europe and see where free has gotten them.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
And here I thought you were talking about The Bangles or The Go-Gos.
You know, broad bands.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I heard, when I was in college (~2005), the technology already existed to imbed cable-speed broadband within the power grid lines. Will this be the means of distributing "free" broadband?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I heard, when I was in college (~2005), the technology already existed to imbed cable-speed broadband within the power grid lines. Will this be the means of distributing "free" broadband?

They thought they have that technology here, promised they would have it up and running like in two months and after install it didn't work. That was about two years ago.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
What better way to control what the American Public sees and does than control the internet content as well....

This isn't about doing the right thing, Private companies are already doing it just fine.