• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BAM!! Right to the moon!!!!

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Last night I was typing out a reply to the "Power and Water to Pole Barn thread. Spent a good 15 minutes on it. Then, towards the end, BAM!, this bloody thing locked up on me. Using the mouse wheel, was like using my forward/reverse button, couldn't type anything, and generally one big PITA. After screwing around for an hour or so, resetting my mouse, when I could get to the control panal, I noticed an icon I'd never seen before in my tooltray. It looked like the view thru a riflescope, and when I put the cursor on it, it said "filter keys locked". What the crap is that, and why did it do that. I don't think I hit any of those wierd ass keys at the top of the keyboard or anything. Got up this morning, and tried to go to restart, wouldn't do anything. I wound up turning the machine off by using the power button on the CPU.

Can someone 'splain in laymans terms what happened, and what to do next time?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John,

It sounds like you inadvertently turned on Filter Keys. Filter Keys have to do with keyboard/mouse options for people with disabilities.

If you hold a key too long or repeat a keystroke a certain # of times, it'll kick it on or do something. (E.g. If you held down your right SHIFT key for 8 seconds, it'll turn it on).

Here is a page that provides more info.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks guys, guess I better clean off my desk!! I heard a little beep when it happened, reckon I laid my hand on a key too long!:pat::pat: