• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Things you refuse to eat..

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate celery, always have.
Anything maple flavoured.
Liver (though I haven't eaten it for years, but used to love Gram's fried gizzards):tongue:
Let me see...
Limburger cheese
Okra
... I'll think of more..

Go!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Boiled green beans.
Green bean cassarole.
Water chestnuts.
My wife's bread & sage stuffing (she makes it every Thanksgiving, we throw it away a few days later).

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Water chestnuts.
ewwww, I'm with you there Bob. What's the point?
No flavour at all. Maybe it's the crunch they add to chinese food.. ick!

I'll add rhubarb to the list..:puke2:raw or cooked..
My MIL Betty always made a rhubarb crumble with custard for Sunday dinner pud.. I despised it.:hide:

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Liver (though I haven't eaten it for years, but used to love Gram's fried gizzards):tongue:
Let me see...
Limburger cheese
Okra
... I'll think of more..

Go!

Just had celery tonight with peanut butter on it. First i had in a while. I love maple syrup...get the pure grade number 2 and it is sooo sweet. I'm with you on the limburger cheese and water chestnuts though. We had rhubarb growing in our backyard where we used to live and i would just break off a stem and eat it raw. Not really sure if there is a food i would never eat under any conditions. Maybe i'll think of some later.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Road kill
Cow stomach soup
Catfish head soup
Hog brains
Pickled pig's feet, or chicken feet
Fresh squeezed cow milk
I'll think of more.....

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with Durwood, there isn't much I won't eat. I try to avoid celery unless it is filled with peanut butter or cream cheese. I've eaten some ungodly things in places around the world and, I must admit, some tasted better than others but the only thing I absolutely, totally refuse to eat again .... TURNIP GREENS.

The Tourist

Banned
I was a cutpurse before I found morality, and it's still an uncomfortable fit.

I hate anything I have to pay for.

And if you doubt that, I'll see you Saturday morning...

D

darroll

We were at the coast and my wife bought some horehound candy.. I was sure she was trying to kill me. That candy is pure awful.

We got some pure maple syrup. The first or second bite was great.. Then the maple bites back and leaves a terrible taste in your mouth, yuk

:sad:

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
We got some pure maple syrup. The first or second bite was great.. Then the maple bites back and leaves a terrible taste in your mouth, yuk

:sad:

Ya gotta get the pure number 2 grade. The number one grade is the processed stuff. Big difference in taste.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Olives.

Evil.

Evil.

Olives.

Oh...and Mushrooms. Anything that grows on a dead log or manure is not going into my mouth.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had rhubarb growing in our backyard where we used to live and i would just break off a stem and eat it raw.

:doh:
When I was young, a neighbour had a rhubarb patch.
He told us we could pick it and eat it anytime we liked.
Back then we did, one of my sisters and I, just to see who could bite into it without making a face.
We both lost at the game. :)

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Pickled Red beets,Lima beans ,boiled okra ,and chicken feet in hot sauce .

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So far with everything listed, chicken feet are out and so are Olives and Olives and Olives and Olives.
Everything else seems to be within my limits.

Gatorboy

I'm with Pirate Girl on the celery and liver. I also won't eat Pot Roast. Not sure what happens to meat when cooked that long and with potatoes, etc., but it just tastes horrible to me.

Other things:

Cow brains, artichokes, green olives, sauerkraut

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken feet??????????:yum:
Perhaps I haven't lived long enough.. ackkk!!

Nope , it has nothing to do with age. All You need to do to try them is go to Thailand and jokingly ask for chicken knees ! It's a mistake You only make once .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope , it has nothing to do with age. All You need to do to try them is go to Thailand and jokingly ask for chicken knees ! It's a mistake You only make once .

haha!!! :doh::puke1:

Attachments

• chicken_feet_5x7_72_dpi.jpg
    chicken_feet_5x7_72_dpi.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 86

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Let me see...
Limburger cheese
Okra
... I'll think of more..

Go!

Heck, I think between us we'd "lick the platter clean." Bring on the liver, limburger, celery, and maple; you can have the broccoli, spinach, and the forms of green beans Skurka noted.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Pigs feet.

My Grandmother used to love pickled pigs feet. With a nice German beer. Heaven for her.

I would leave the room because of the smell...