• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fried turkey marinade?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Tis that time o' year again, and I'll be frying the turkeys. I'm looking for a good marinade recipe for injecting the birds. I've already tried white wine, worcestershire sauce and various store bought marinades. All were okay, but I'm looking for something to make the turkey uber savory. Any ideas?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've only deep fried a turkey once. I didn't care for it, so we've had baked turkey each year since then. If someone has a recipe for injecting that makes them savory I'd be willing to try it once again....just not on Thanksgiving. Those plans are already made. Don't want to experiment when we have a big group coming over. We bought a 26 pounder last night. That's a one BIG bird. :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tis that time o' year again, and I'll be frying the turkeys. I'm looking for a good marinade recipe for injecting the birds. I've already tried white wine, worcestershire sauce and various store bought marinades. All were okay, but I'm looking for something to make the turkey uber savory. Any ideas?

Cajun?

CAJUN DEEP FRIED TURKEY

4 oz. liquid garlic
4 oz. liquid onion
4 oz. liquid celery
1 Tbsp. red pepper
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. tabasco
1 oz. liquid crab boil or 1 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 poultry or meat injector
1 defrosted 10-12 pound turkey
5 gallons Peanut oil

Saute first seven ingredients until salt and pepper are
dissolved. Fill the injector and inject turkey at
breast, wings, drumsticks, thighs and back. Allow to
marinate 24 hours in refrigerator or ice chest.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
  • 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
  • 1/2 cup cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup black pepper
  • 1 cup Creole seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium bowl, mix 3/4 Italian dressing, cayenne pepper, black pepper, Creole seasoning, and garlic powder. Rub over turkey, using remaining Italian dressing to fill cavity. Allow turkey to marinate 8 hours, or overnight, before deep-frying as desired.