• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Stuffed shells ready to go in the oven. I can't wait. Stuffed with cheese AND meat.

Attachments

• P1010057.JPG
    P1010057.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 87

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The stuffed shells look great! We went out for a fish fry, the last of the Lenten season. Our church doesn't do a fish fry on Good Friday fry, so everyone can attend the Good Friday services. It was nice to not have to work for my supper.:yum:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Knights of Columbus fish dinner..

I came close to offering a trade for Dolly's stuffed shells. On second thought NO WAY. I'll wait until the next local fish fry and pick some up. The fish fry's around here happen more often than when I get her stuffed shells. She knows it's my favorite dish.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I came close to offering a trade for Dolly's stuffed shells. On second thought NO WAY. I'll wait until the next local fish fry and pick some up. The fish fry's around here happen more often than when I get her stuffed shells. She knows it's my favorite dish.
It looks delicious Jerry:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW! Are those Lake Erie perch fillets? I have a couple packages left in the freezer, and one pack of walleye.
Yep, it is perch, 6 pieces too. Had a roll, applesauce and cookie with it.
I could only manage two pieces of fish and maybe a dozen of the fries.
My appetite still isn't back to 100%.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

But at least it's still REAL food.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I had batter-dipped cod (3 pieces), so I'll be right over to finish those perch for you.:yum: Actually, they should make a good sammie tomorrow in a nice fresh roll. Pick a few.

P1010812.jpg

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
These pictures suck, but the shells were great.

Attachments

• Shells1.JPG
    Shells1.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Shells2.JPG
    Shells2.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 98

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I bet your house always smells wonderful lol
Yeah. it smells pretty good around here. This morning I started baking at 0600, and the dinner rolls and white bread are done.

P1020631.jpg

I have two loaves of cinnamon bread in the oven that will be out in 15 minutes, then it's outside to get the lawn mower going and start the yard work. No rest for the wicked!:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Remove the skin on them legs there dear PG :flowers:
I should have, Murph, even though all I used was a little buttermilk and seasoned flour to coat.
The chickie didn't agree with my stomach at all.
Should have had bread or pasta instead.
Lesson learned: PG isn't going to be able to eat certain foods anymore:bonk::sick:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I should have, Murph, even though all I used was a little buttermilk and seasoned flour to coat.
The chickie didn't agree with my stomach at all.
Should have had bread or pasta instead.
Lesson learned: PG isn't going to be able to eat certain foods anymore:bonk::sick:

PG, I take the skin off now and bake them. When there is about 15 minutes left I take a mixture of BBQ sauce and water it down some with water and then spread over the legs. Taste pretty darn good and I get to keep the carbs down. The left overs are even better.

Kind of like dipping your fork in the dressing and then stabbing your lettuce.

murph

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know, after tonight I think chicken is on my no no list.
Even thinking about it makes me sick.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope cinnamon rolls don't disagree with you.
They haven't at all Joe, nor have spicy things oddly enough.
Like my doctor told me, it's going to be a game of finding out what I can and can't handle, which I suspected anyway.
My friend Janet had her gall bladder out 12 years ago and still can't touch certain things.
It's going to be interesting cooking around here to say the least.
Perhaps I'll just go back to being full vegetarian, never had a problem really until I started eating meat again.
Gawd if I ate bacon right now, I'd probably fall into a crumbled mess on the floor.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hope cinnamon rolls don't disagree with you.

Yes Joe they will make her seriously sick, don't send her any. However now that you don't know what to do with the ones you made for her I will gladly PM you my address. :hide: did I tell you they make my mouth water :yum::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes Joe they will make her seriously sick, don't send her any. However now that you don't know what to do with the ones you made for her I will gladly PM you my address. :hide: did I tell you they make my mouth water :yum::yum:
You're not allowed to have them!:poke::rolf2:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
As I told mak2 the other day on FF, when you have a body part surgically removed like PG did, I would be pleased to perform the corporal and spiritual works of mercy (albeit at a distance) of sending you cinnamon rolls. That would fulfill "feeding the hungry," "visiting the sick" and "comforting the afflicted." by sending some to you. But, it sounds like you're just trying to weasel some out of me when you should not be eating them.

BamsBBQ

Gawd if I ate bacon right now, I'd probably fall into a crumbled mess on the floor.

NOOOO say it aint so...i cant bear to hear those words... life without bacon? OMG i cant think about it or i will cry..:yum:

as for your chicken, have you tried eating the breast meat instead of better tasting dark meat? remove skin is a must, my mom has had all kinds of problems with her gall bladder and couldnt eat the skin for the longest time.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
NOOOO say it aint so...i cant bear to hear those words... life without bacon? OMG i cant think about it or i will cry..:yum:

as for your chicken, have you tried eating the breast meat instead of better tasting dark meat? remove skin is a must, my mom has had all kinds of problems with her gall bladder and couldnt eat the skin for the longest time.
I haven't had any bacon since the surgery, and it doesn't even sound good to me, believe that?:yum:
Perhaps I'll try chicken again in the future, and roast it skinless with a light sauce (or topped with herbs- or both)-as Murph suggested.

I might try chinese or italian for dinner tonight. :biggrin:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I paid Obama. I can sum up our dinners here except for the tap water to drink.

Attachments

• Beans.jpg
    Beans.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Bean friend.jpg
    Bean friend.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 79
  • Bean addition.jpg
    Bean addition.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 83

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I paid Obama. I can sum up our dinners here except for the tap water to drink.
WOW! You actually got to keep THAT much??? I'm certain that you benefited unfairly to have such a lavish meal. Your wealth needs to be redistributed to the poor and the lazy.:whistling: