• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Seafood salad on toasted bread..
Good stuff!

2010-03-13 15-58-28.212.jpg 2010-03-13 16-00-21.905.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing like crunching away on tortilla chips to get your mind off a man.
Yeah, stick with chicks, they're more considerate of your feelings. I gave up on guys years ago, and now just focus on the ladies (not to mention they do a bang-up job of cleaning the place).:yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a pot of chicken soup going as we speak. Also have a couple of loaves of Honey Whole Wheat bread with 7 oz. of Red River whole grain cereal in it.

P1020617.jpg

Last edited:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Baching it this week, started whipping up supper and then thought of this thread. Pan seared Porterhouse with a layer of crumbled bleu cheese topped with saute' mushrooms. Collard greens with a touch of garlic and garnished with bleu cheese. Blue Moon for the swill and a G30 with TLR-2 light and laser for protection ....................... :yum:

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 105

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Easy there Big Dog. Nobody's after your steak.

Hey, look! It's Elvis! (as JEV steals the steak and stays low):yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dog, I have to ask. Did you clean up the mess after you were done?:yum: Can't wait for anyone else to do it.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dog, I have to ask. Did you clean up the mess after you were done?:yum: Can't wait for anyone else to do it.

Yeah, I did! All I have to do is start the dishwasher (needs filled first). I'm notorious for having the dishes spotless BEFORE they go in it too.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I did! All I have to do is start the dishwasher (needs filled first). I'm notorious for having the dishes spotless BEFORE they go in it too.
Isn't that like washing and styling your hair before you hit the barber shop?:biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I just had some tuna salad on a bed of baby spinach for dinner, but I made some honey whole wheat bread and a couple loaves of sourdough. Damn, they both sure smell good, but I need to wait for them to cool down before cutting into them. Yep, that's two 1/2 gallon jugs of sourdough starter in the background. Getting ready to do a big bake tomorrow, and that starter is part of it.

P1020619.jpg

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Who knows what's for dinner? I think I'm on my own with leftovers tonight. But I do know what was for lunch.......:biggrin:
Well no I don't. I didn't write the name down. But I know it was good. I went to a Vietnamese Restaurant for lunch, never had that before. What I had was in a HUGE bowl. A bed of lettuce (or lettuce type stuff) with bean sprouts, julienne cucumbers, carrots and what I think were parsnips. Then a layer of rice vermicelli, topped with Charbroiled Pork Sausage.

Oh my, that was good.:biggrin:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Now this is a small plate so you can imagine how hungry I am when done with this. Raspberries which I love, small amount of corn wished I could eat more, a carrot and a small breast of chicken. Did I tell you I am still hungry :hammer::hammer:

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 74

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Raspberry's with chicken...odd...will have to try that.

Ditch the corn murph and replace that with some scrambled eggs and i am in...and wrap that chicken breast in some bacon :yum::yum::yum:....no pleasing me.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
SCHOOPS hamburgers. Its a local chain, started years ago by the Schoop family, they still own most of the restaurants but did franchise some out to others. Fresh made real burgers, bigger than you'd make at home, grilled and put on a fresh steamed bun. Freshly cut onions, ketchup, relish and mustard. Nothing fancy but darn good. Its a treat we have every couple of months.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Raspberry's with chicken...odd...will have to try that.

Ditch the corn murph and replace that with some scrambled eggs and i am in...and wrap that chicken breast in some bacon :yum::yum::yum:....no pleasing me.

Yeah it is a tad bit odd but you know when I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago I got my a$$ chewed big time. I have to keep the three groups going and limited to 5 carb units per meal. besides I love raspberries.

Did I say I am hungry. :glare:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah it is a tad bit odd but you know when I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago I got my a$$ chewed big time. I have to keep the three groups going and limited to 5 carb units per meal. besides I love raspberries.

Did I say I am hungry. :glare:
Heck I ate more than that when I was in the hospital! You must be trying to catch Big Al in the diet game.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Heck I ate more than that when I was in the hospital! You must be trying to catch Big Al in the diet game.

I didn't eat or **** for 5 days when I was in the hospital. And then after out I ate three days before I ****. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Colace and lots of water will keep you moving even with pain meds.:clap:

I wished, but with a kink in the system due to scar tissue nothing goes through. Not even water. You drink water and it is back out in about ten minutes.

BamsBBQ

last nights dinner..forgot to post pics then

half chickens with mashed potatoes(fresh parmesan cheese,butter,cream cheese,milk,S&P)

34nimhz.jpg

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
1/2 slice of bread with tuna/miracle whip. 3/4 cup of raspberries. Not worth taking a picture of. Did I tell ya I was hungry?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I roasted a whole chicken and made mashed potatoes, gravy and Stove Top stuffing to go with it. My wife made carrot cake with mock whipped cream frosting for dessert. I played in the kitchen most of the day and made 20 honey whole wheat hamburger buns, three loaves of multi-grain whole wheat bread, pecan sticky buns and cinnamon rolls with butter cream frosting.

P1020624.jpg

P1020627.jpg