PDA

View Full Version : What's for Dinner Tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

luvs
11-17-2014, 12:37 AM
klonopin & zolpidem. nite-nite fer me.

pirate_girl
11-17-2014, 12:42 AM
klonopin & zolpidem. nite-nite fer me.
EAT something, then get some sleep.

JEV
11-17-2014, 04:01 AM
EAT something, then get some sleep.
She did eat something...chicken nuggets. Probably better for her to put on weight than any other foods. She should have one of those 560 Calorie Big Macs to put on some weight.

Chicken McNuggets® (4 piece)

190 Calories
9g Protein
12g Fat (18%)
12g Carbs (4%)
360mg Sodium (15%)

Calories from Fat 110 Dietary Fiber 1g(2%) Calcium 8mg(0%) Saturated Fat 2g(10%) Sugars 0g Iron 0.5mg(2%) Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 0IU(0%) Vitamin C 1mg(2%) Cholesterol 25mg(9%) Serving Size 2.3 oz (65 g)

Ingredients
CHICKEN MCNUGGETS (4 piece)

Allergens: WHEAT Ingredients: White Boneless Chicken, Water, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Seasoning (Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Salt, Wheat Starch, Natural Flavoring , Safflower Oil, Dextrose, Citric Acid), Sodium Phosphates, Natural Flavor (Botanical Source). Battered and Breaded with: Water, Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Wheat Flour, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Lactate), Spices, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Corn Starch.
[B]CONTAINS: WHEAT

Prepared in Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent

Important Note: At McDonald's, we take great care to serve quality, great-tasting menu items to our customers each and every time they visit our restaurants. We understand that each of our customers has individual needs and considerations when choosing a place to eat or drink outside their home, especially those customers with food allergies. As part of our commitment to you, we provide the most current ingredient information available from our food suppliers for the eight most common allergens as identified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (eggs, dairy, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish), so that our guests with food allergies can make informed food selections. However, we also want you to know that despite taking precautions, normal kitchen operations may involve some shared cooking and preparation areas and utensils, and the possibility exists for your food items to come in contact with other food products, including other allergens. We encourage our customers with food allergies or special dietary needs to visit www.mcdonalds.com (http://www.mcdonalds.com) for ingredient information, and to consult their doctor for questions regarding their diet. Due to the individualized nature of food allergies and food sensitivities, customers' physicians may be best positioned to make recommendations for customers with food allergies and special dietary needs. If you have questions about our food, please reach out to us directly at mcdonalds.com/contact (http://mcdonalds.com/contact) or 1- 800-244-6227. Thank you.
Nutrient contributions from individual components may not equal the total due to federal rounding regulations. Percent Daily Values (DV) and RDIs are based on unrounded values.

** Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

The nutrition information on this website is derived from testing conducted in accredited laboratories, published resources, or from information provided from McDonald's suppliers. The nutrition information is based on standard product formulations and serving sizes (including ice for beverages). All nutrition information is based on average values for ingredients from McDonald's suppliers throughout the U.S. and is rounded to meet current U.S. FDA NLEA guidelines. Variation in serving sizes, preparation techniques, product testing and sources of supply, as well as regional and seasonal differences may affect the nutrition values for each product. In addition, product formulations change periodically. You should expect some variation in the nutrient content of the products purchased in our restaurants. Beverage sizes may vary in your market. None of our products are certified as vegetarian. This information is correct as of May 2014, unless stated otherwise.

SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener is the registered trademark of McNeil Nutritionals, LLC
EQUAL® 0 Calorie Sweetener is a registered trademark of Merisant Company

JEV
11-17-2014, 04:05 AM
Yesterday was two year old grandson Evan's birthday, so DD#1 made Parmesan chicken & sweet taters. DD#2 made the dinosaur cake using German Chocolate recipe. Both daughters take pride in the kitchen, and they both turn out some fantastic, flavorful meals. I'm very proud of them, because most of what they make is from scratch whenever possible. They both prefer organic foods when they can get it from a reputable source. Great food and great birthday party. Evan's favorite gifts were a guitar that Mommy gave him at breakfast, then it was the Radio Flyer wheel barrow from Grandma & Grandpa that was just his size. http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19307&stc=1&d=1416189793 http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19308&stc=1&d=1416189793

MrLiberty
11-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I didn't get any cake.......:sad:

Looks delicious, even with the sweet tater. :biggrin:

luvs
11-17-2014, 06:16 PM
She did eat something...chicken nuggets. Probably better for her to put on weight than any other foods. She should have one of those 560 Calorie Big Macs to put on some weight.

Chicken McNuggets® (4 piece)

190 Calories
9g Protein
12g Fat (18%)
12g Carbs (4%)
360mg Sodium (15%)

Calories from Fat 110 Dietary Fiber 1g(2%) Calcium 8mg(0%) Saturated Fat 2g(10%) Sugars 0g Iron 0.5mg(2%) Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 0IU(0%) Vitamin C 1mg(2%) Cholesterol 25mg(9%) Serving Size 2.3 oz (65 g)

Ingredients
CHICKEN MCNUGGETS (4 piece)

Allergens: WHEAT Ingredients: White Boneless Chicken, Water, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Seasoning (Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Salt, Wheat Starch, Natural Flavoring , Safflower Oil, Dextrose, Citric Acid), Sodium Phosphates, Natural Flavor (Botanical Source). Battered and Breaded with: Water, Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Wheat Flour, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Lactate), Spices, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Corn Starch.
[B]CONTAINS: WHEAT

Prepared in Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent

Important Note: At McDonald's, we take great care to serve quality, great-tasting menu items to our customers each and every time they visit our restaurants. We understand that each of our customers has individual needs and considerations when choosing a place to eat or drink outside their home, especially those customers with food allergies. As part of our commitment to you, we provide the most current ingredient information available from our food suppliers for the eight most common allergens as identified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (eggs, dairy, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish), so that our guests with food allergies can make informed food selections. However, we also want you to know that despite taking precautions, normal kitchen operations may involve some shared cooking and preparation areas and utensils, and the possibility exists for your food items to come in contact with other food products, including other allergens. We encourage our customers with food allergies or special dietary needs to visit www.mcdonalds.com (http://www.mcdonalds.com) for ingredient information, and to consult their doctor for questions regarding their diet. Due to the individualized nature of food allergies and food sensitivities, customers' physicians may be best positioned to make recommendations for customers with food allergies and special dietary needs. If you have questions about our food, please reach out to us directly at mcdonalds.com/contact (http://mcdonalds.com/contact) or 1- 800-244-6227. Thank you.
Nutrient contributions from individual components may not equal the total due to federal rounding regulations. Percent Daily Values (DV) and RDIs are based on unrounded values.

** Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

The nutrition information on this website is derived from testing conducted in accredited laboratories, published resources, or from information provided from McDonald's suppliers. The nutrition information is based on standard product formulations and serving sizes (including ice for beverages). All nutrition information is based on average values for ingredients from McDonald's suppliers throughout the U.S. and is rounded to meet current U.S. FDA NLEA guidelines. Variation in serving sizes, preparation techniques, product testing and sources of supply, as well as regional and seasonal differences may affect the nutrition values for each product. In addition, product formulations change periodically. You should expect some variation in the nutrient content of the products purchased in our restaurants. Beverage sizes may vary in your market. None of our products are certified as vegetarian. This information is correct as of May 2014, unless stated otherwise.

SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener is the registered trademark of McNeil Nutritionals, LLC
EQUAL® 0 Calorie Sweetener is a registered trademark of Merisant Company

i know that they're junk; then again, when you're getting food via a nurse & not giving him a cent, u stick to hi-kCals & nominal prices. sure, a steak would be great, except i limit myself when someone else is buying fer me, unless they're close to me. simple respect.

i'll be makin' pierogies soon enough.

JEV
11-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Spaghetti with homemade marinara and egg roll turned into garlic bread in the toaster oven. Side salad with Mrs JEV's balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Then we went to the Senior Center and walked 2 miles on the treadmills. Snow sucks for walking when the sidewalks aren't cleared.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Dinner%20Pics/2014-10-03165940.jpg

pirate_girl
11-17-2014, 08:55 PM
I was craving Arby's roast beef today, so I went and got a medium roast beef with horsey sauce, and a side salad with Italian dressing.

:hide:

I do cook occasionally, when the mood strikes.
Being single and cooking for one isn't that easy all the time.

Next time I make something luscious and pic worthy, I'll post it, just like I used to do.
:biggrin:

JEV
11-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Breakfast for dinner. Mrs. JEV was pleased, so life is good.

Attached Images http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/attachment.php?attachmentid=74969&stc=1&d=1416351638

Ironman
11-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Bar food. Bacon Swiss Cheeseburger and fries with a Bud light. Delivered to my front door for free! :wink:
No pics cuz this burger smelled too good to survive that long in my presence. :biggrin:

MrLiberty
11-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Sweet chili chicken with Jasmine rice

Melensdad
11-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Ate some Brown Rice Vegetarian Sushi for dinner tonight.

What a waste of chewing effort.

I cannot recommend it. Ever. Unless maybe you dip it in butter and wrap it in thick cut bacon. Or maybe serve it as a side dish with a steak and then forget to eat it so you just scape it off the plate into the trash. Even the dog didn't want it.

JEV
11-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Ate some Brown Rice Vegetarian Sushi for dinner tonight.

What a waste of chewing effort.

I cannot recommend it. Ever. Unless maybe you dip it in butter and wrap it in thick cut bacon. Or maybe serve it as a side dish with a steak and then forget to eat it so you just scape it off the plate into the trash. Even the dog didn't want it.
That's the problem with all that shit that's supposed to be good for you. I like the program I'm on where I eat whatever I want to...I just practice portion control.

Leni
11-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Leftover beef stew with all of the leftover veggies that my daughter saved in tiny amounts. She had a rare brain cancer at 17 and can no longer live alone so she lives with her dad and I. First surviver of this cancer. Saves even one bite of something. Many times it drives me crazy but once in a while it has it's benefits. Like tonight. The rest of the time it gets thrown out.

Melensdad
11-18-2014, 09:46 PM
That's the problem with all that shit that's supposed to be good for you. I like the program I'm on where I eat whatever I want to...I just practice portion control.

I ate it because it was there.

Just washed it down with some leftover pizza. I feel much better now :clap:

muleman
11-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Pan fried chicken breasts with stir fry veggies. Was good eating on a cold day.:clap:

luvs
11-18-2014, 10:19 PM
a packet of eggplant curry seems yummy. maybe a salad, too- i luv a new dressing i buy now. it's greek, & yogurt-based, & they have several types.

pirate_girl
11-20-2014, 07:41 PM
I made a big hamburger steak in the grill pan, using what I do believe is a recipe from the old Fannie Farmer cookbook.
You make the burger steak, then drain it well, then spread on the teensiest amount of butter and top with caramelized onions and a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
So, it was that and Ore-Ida steak fries, with lots of ketchup and black pepper.:biggrin:

MrLiberty
11-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Our tenant council put on a catered dinner tonight. The chicken was dry, the beans were cold and the mashed potatoes were lumpy and luke warm. The only decent thing was the cheese cake and salad.

JEV
11-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Went to a little Mom-n-Pop restaurant and got one of the senior dinner specials for $6.49. I had the baked scrod with green beans, baked potato & bowl of stuffed pepper soup. Just the right amount of food and very delicious. Mrs JEV had taco salad that she also enjoyed.

luvs
11-24-2014, 02:14 AM
bartender fed me a sammich. Italian meats, dressing- delicious. my media is being media, so i cannot yet post a pic.

luvs
11-24-2014, 04:25 AM
half of my dinner. one, well before that was made. i luv being a taste-tester. get dinner on them, yet they thank u!~

JEV
11-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Had a slab of ribs in the freezer that needed to be eaten, so I took care of business.

pirate_girl
11-25-2014, 01:06 AM
I had what they were serving at work for dinner ; spaghetti with meat sauce, a bread stick and that little plastic tulip cup of 'salad', which is actually always just shredded lettuce and cheese.
It was good.
:smile:

JimVT
11-25-2014, 05:13 AM
got invited to jail on thanksgiving today. only because the wife is working at the pd that day.
think I'll pass.
jim

Umberto
11-26-2014, 10:58 AM
got invited to jail on thanksgiving today. only because the wife is working at the pd that day.
think I'll pass.
jim

I'm sure the staff will eat well.

Tonight am making tuna salad using Merino's tuna with no salt, no oil.

I'm sure I'll get my fill of turkey and ham the next few days.

Ironman
11-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Smoked Cheddar cheese burgers.

http://s10.postimg.org/u9djbfryh/image.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/b5k7v3f49/image.jpg

JEV
11-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Just finished a late lunch of leftover turkey chili, so probably spaghetti tonight since I'm working on kitchen doors today. Thaw some sauce, whip up a quick salad and thaw some Italian bread to call it a meal. It doesn't get much easier than that in my house, unless one of us makes "reservations." :brows:

MrLiberty
11-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Leftover turkey and stuffing with bean salad. Going to make some biscuits tonight so I can soak up the gravy.

luvs
11-30-2014, 10:48 PM
filet w/ a demi-glace/burgundy sauce, fries, veggies, salad, & my Mom's food, too. (chix parm/pasta marinara. extras via dinner we got a few ago.)

Umberto
12-01-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm thinking lobster salad and leftover steak from Saturday night. I should make hash from the steak but am carb'd out for awhile.

JEV
12-01-2014, 12:24 PM
DW said she'd make dinner as long as I was working on the kitchen project. She thawed some chicken soup, added some rice and made grilled cheese w/tomato sandwiches. It hit the spot, and I just finished the leftover soup for lunch.

Umberto
12-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Tonight I made lobster salad from Saturday night's lobster tails that didn't get eaten.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_3389.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_3389.jpg.html)

Melensdad
12-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Beenie Weenies with chunks of leftover Thanksgiving ham.

JEV
12-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Smoked Slovenian sausage on whole wheat bun with mustard, horseradish & sauerkraut.

Umberto
12-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Those look like the same sausage I get from the Romanian meat market in Chicago.

Tonight it's bean soup made from the Amana hambone and the last of the turkey sandwiches. I got a half loaf of Poilane bread this morning at Metropolitan Market; it just was flown in from Paris this morning and excellent. I'm not the bread maker you are JEV but one day will try my hand at it.

Big Dog
12-03-2014, 06:14 PM
lobster tails that didn't get eaten.

Never happen in this house!

Umberto
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
I hear you, there was too much steak, bacon and T leftovers - the tails went into the steamer frozen and by the time we got to them everyone was stuffed. I'm eating them 3 ways now and can't complain.

Umberto
12-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Last night it was sirloin burgers (no cheese!) and tonight it's a kobe sirloin with a tin potato and side of acorn squash.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_3452.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_3452.jpg.html)

JEV
12-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Last night it was sirloin burgers (no cheese!) and tonight it's a kobe sirloin with a tin potato and side of acorn squash.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_3452.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_3452.jpg.html)

I love the sandwich thin instead of a conventional burger bun. We find that we're just as satisfied with thins as we are with bread and buns. I make them all the time.

Umberto
12-06-2014, 11:17 PM
I made a kobe sirloin for myself as well as a tin potato.The tin potato is bacon, potato, and a slice of onion wrapped with foil and baked. I learned that one from a saloon in Pierre when pheasant hunting a few years ago. The sirloin was excellent, BTW. It was grilled over the coals with mesquite for smoke.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_3468_2.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_3468_2.jpg.html)

luvs
12-07-2014, 02:20 AM
a sammich & a shot, or 2........ 1 in a gelatinous form. a shot of jaeger. i was given a gift of jaeger, as well. pals that think of u-- they rock. others, they rock not.

(thanks, yinz guys-- luv yinz).

Umberto
12-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Never happen in this house!

The leftover lobster was made into bisque tonight and pretty good for my first attempt.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/DSCN7041.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/DSCN7041.jpg.html)

pirate_girl
12-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Simply..grilled cheese and tomato soup.

JEV
12-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Made a crock pot chicken yesterday, so I made a pot of soup from the carcass last night. We had chicken with rice soup and chicken sandwiches for dinner tonight.

muleman
12-14-2014, 09:03 AM
I will be happy when dinner choice is not determined by the holes in my jaw!:hammer: Running out of ideas for soft easy to chew meals. Johnny's soup looks like a good choice. Might go with mock crab tonight.:whistling:

pirate_girl
12-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Italian style wedding soup and a big slice of banana bread.

JEV
12-16-2014, 06:31 PM
A little beef stew with veggies for a rainy, damp afternoon. Hit the spot with a homemade, buttered whole wheat sausage roll.

JEV
12-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Leftover beef stew, salad & buttered bun (using up different breads from the freezer.)

Also made some whole wheat breads to restock the freezer.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/attachments/whole-wheat-egg-bread-thins-jpg.90062/

Umberto
12-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Tonight it's Progresso Hearty Tomato Soup and chicken salad sandwiches.

pirate_girl
12-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Nursing home food.
Which at times isn't half bad.
Tonight was bad.
Lasagna with a hard roof of slide-off cheese, and a salad aka shredded lettuce.
:doh:

JEV
12-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Nursing home food.
Which at times isn't half bad.
Tonight was bad.
Lasagna with a hard roof of slide-off cheese, and a salad aka shredded lettuce.
:doh: I'll wager that it was that cheap ass iceberg lettuce as well. But my guess is that it was more than kids get in their "Michelle Meals" at school these days.:yum:

pirate_girl
12-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Tonight's was goooooooood.
Din din at a place called Bandido's.
Monterey Chicken, with white rice and a very nice salad.

:yum:

RNE228
12-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Simple but yummy; that sounds good... :smile:

Simply..grilled cheese and tomato soup.

JEV
12-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Grandkids were over...

RNE228
12-19-2014, 08:15 PM
When I was a kid we did Chef Boyardee pizza

http://www.chefboyardee.com/pastas/pizza-kits-and-sauce

Grandkids were over...

Umberto
12-19-2014, 10:30 PM
When I was a kid we did Appian Way Pizza with burger and onion for topping.

Tonight I did a kilo of moules with a baguette and butter on the side.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/FullSizeRender-2.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/FullSizeRender-2.jpg.html)

luvs
12-20-2014, 10:06 AM
wendy's. i got a potato w/ broccoli & cheese, & chili. i forgot that chili was there.
later, i'm looking to get pizza, if blake is over. or, if not, i'll make my usual pierogi & veggies.

MrLiberty
12-20-2014, 11:00 AM
I got the rest of Thanksgiving turkey out of the freezer with the gravy and stuffing. Probably have brussel sprouts and biscuits with it.

Melensdad
12-23-2014, 05:59 PM
NOT COOKING TONIGHT.

Tired of left overs and 'freezer diving' dinners.

Taking the family out to dinner at a local steakhouse. Not sure what any of them will be ordering but I will probably have a giant double thick bone-in Rib Eye. Unless they have some sort of a lamb special, they also have really good lamb at this place. Then again I might have fish, if they have a good sounding special tonight. So probably one of those 3 options, unless they have rabbit. Had some rabbit about 3 weeks ago, it was awesome, so I could be coaxed. Maybe pheasant, just becuase I rarely get it, or duck, because I always love a nice roasted duck. Of course goose is even better.

So that is what I am having. Its narrowed down to something on the menu, or on the specials list.

JEV
12-23-2014, 06:56 PM
After working in the kitchen all day, I took Mrs JEV to the local Chinese buffet for dinner. Great meal under $20 even with the 20% tip. We have some smoked turkey breast in the fridge in case we get hungry later after the Chinese wears off.:yum: We'll put it on one of these...

pirate_girl
12-23-2014, 07:03 PM
I had small curd cottage cheese, saltines, half a banana and some Sprite.
Whatever hit me last night is finally starting to go away. :hammer:

Umberto
12-23-2014, 10:36 PM
NOT COOKING TONIGHT.

Tired of left overs and 'freezer diving' dinners.

Taking the family out to dinner at a local steakhouse. Not sure what any of them will be ordering but I will probably have a giant double thick bone-in Rib Eye. Unless they have some sort of a lamb special, they also have really good lamb at this place. Then again I might have fish, if they have a good sounding special tonight. So probably one of those 3 options, unless they have rabbit. Had some rabbit about 3 weeks ago, it was awesome, so I could be coaxed. Maybe pheasant, just becuase I rarely get it, or duck, because I always love a nice roasted duck. Of course goose is even better.

So that is what I am having. Its narrowed down to something on the menu, or on the specials list.

I was just saying today I'm hungry for duck and have not shot one in several years. Guess I'll have to buy one. I have one pheasant left from last year but it's going into pheasant supreme.

Tonight I pan fried a ribeye, NY Strip, and small fillet. The NYS will be hash next week.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_3629.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_3629.jpg.html)

Melensdad
12-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Dinner tonight:
Makers Mark Manhatten
Oysters Rockefeller
Salad with Creamy Garlic, fresh bread w/butter
26oz RibEye
Asparagas
Potatoes Vesuvio
Decaf Coffee
Rum Cake

Umberto
12-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Looks good! I failed to mention the 16 once lobster tail and acorn squash with gingerbread cookie for dessert. The lobster tail picture came out blurry. lol

Umberto
12-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Dinner tonight:
Makers Mark Manhatten
Oysters Rockefeller
Salad with Creamy Garlic, fresh bread w/butter
26oz RibEye
Asparagas
Potatoes Vesuvio
Decaf Coffee
Rum Cake

I do Oysters Rock every NYE. There's a picture some place. I'll find it.

Melensdad
12-23-2014, 11:11 PM
Looks good! I failed to mention the 16 once lobster tail and acorn squash with gingerbread cookie for dessert. The lobster tail picture came out blurry. lol

I love roasted acorn squash :clap:

Umberto
12-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Of all the squash it's my favorite. Turban is #2.

Umberto
12-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Here are some MV oysters my son sent me a few years ago. The other half we ate on the half shell.

This year I'm not doing any as we are going to the coast for the clam tide and razor clams.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/P1010012.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/P1010012.jpg.html)

luvs
12-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Ii'll see later on. my Parents shall choose. then make me make dinner. my Mom may make a pie.

Umberto
12-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Tonight it's oyster soup and smoked turkey sandwiches.

As good as Pac NW oysters are, I miss the Chesapeake Bay variety.

300 H and H
12-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Going to a family Christmas dinner. Don't know exactly what is on the menue. I am doing my usual thing, taking along Oyster stew, Chesapeake oysters. Never had the opportunity to try the Pacific kind. I think they would still be fine eating though....

The ones I have eaten from the Gulf coast were very good indeed. I suppose any flavor difference could be from what they are filtering out for food. Heck so far I like all of them!

Baked Acorn squash sounds good. Brown sugar, butter, and a touch of vanilla in mine please...

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad
12-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Going to a family Christmas dinner. . .
Ditto here too.

At least Melen & I are going. My wife is not feeling up to attending. She has an infected tooth and fighting a cold. She needs to save her energy for a Christmas day feast at our house tomorrow. :sad:

Every year Christmas Eve at my cousin's house. Ham, stuffed cabbage, sausages, sauerkraut, lots and lots of desserts.

Umberto
12-25-2014, 01:29 PM
I used three jars of smalls, but these smalls are huge. I'll get some mediums to panko fry for po'boys next week.

I was the only one to have a bowl so have plenty of soup for the next three days or so.

Oysters with their liquor, whole milk, butter, and pepper; needed salt at the table.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/FullSizeRender2.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/FullSizeRender2.jpg.html)

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/FullSizeRender-3.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/FullSizeRender-3.jpg.html)

pirate_girl
12-26-2014, 08:39 PM
I enjoyed leftovers at my neighbour friends, with a rousing game of Scrabble and chatter with the gals.

A bit of turkey, ham, broccoli and blue cheese casserole <-- That was to die for, yum yum!
Baileys Irish Cream over ice, for dessert. ;-)
'twasn't the short shot either. lol :brows:

JEV
12-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Today is our grand daughter's fourth birthday, so we had dinner with her family. She was born ar 12:26 on 12-26 for those who remember back then.

I had enough leftover chicken Parmesan, sauce & salad from Christmas dinner, so we had a repeat performance and cleaned up all the leftovers. Alexa requested spaghetti for dinner, so her mommy boiled up some spaghetti and she was happy.

MrLiberty
12-26-2014, 11:04 PM
I need to go to the store, the last two days it's been picking at snacks and deli trays, and I need some real food.

Most of the family is down with the flu so I didn't see many family members so I had lots of leftover deli.

I need steak and taters. :hammer:

Melensdad
01-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Had a can of Chef Boy Ar Dee "MINI RAVIOLI" tonight, followed by some Nutella on breaksticks and some watermelon. Full but not fullfilled. So I went back and sliced off some chunks of ham that the lovely Mrs Bob baked yesterday. Overfull, but still not fullfilled. Probably going back for more, at some point.

Tomorrow we are going to DITKA'S in Chicago. Not sure what I'm going to eat. Possibly the Rib-eye. Its my favorite cut of beef. But they have excellent Baby Back Ribs. Oh, and then there is the Chilean Sea Bass, my favorite fish to order at fine restaurants. Just going to wing it when I get there.

TiredRetired
01-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Shepard's Pie, homemade dinner rolls and tossed salad. Oh, and I washed it all down with a great big glass of 100% Whole Milk. I'll be 66 in a few days and Whole Milk ain't killed me yet. :yum:

MrLiberty
01-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Last night, homemade lasagna and french bread, tonight leftovers. :biggrin:

And I still love my whole milk at 60. :wow:

TiredRetired
01-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Last night, homemade lasagna and french bread, tonight leftovers. :biggrin:

And I still love my whole milk at 60. :wow:

Amen bro!

luvs
01-03-2015, 06:03 PM
is there another type of milk to drink~

not here. drink milk or drink pop. juice is fer my healthy whims. those're few & far between.

anyhoo, dinner is TBD. there may be extras @ 'da bar, & i'm grocery shoppin' w/ my nurse, so blake sent himself to 'da bar to pre-drink before i meet him there. is waitin' on me. better shop kinda quick. aw, & he got me a few Stillers items, so i hafta get pretty to sport them.

btw-- i have a concussion. my thoughts get kinda scattered. :whistling:

TiredRetired
01-03-2015, 06:12 PM
btw-- i have a concussion. my thoughts get kinda scattered. :whistling:

What the heck did u do?

JEV
01-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Steak dinner on New Year's Eve just me and Mama. Had some Baker's Square French Silk pie for dessert, leftover from the previous night's dinner with friends. Last night was chicken Parmesan & spaghetti.

Tonight we were supposed to have the grandkids here while their parents took out out #2 daughter for her birthday. The kids were both sick so Mrs. JEV went there to babysit. She had a pizza for dinner, and I went to the Chinese buffet for dinner. I love their baked salmon. Mmmm... The sushi & mussels are pretty good too.

MrLiberty
01-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Never understood sushi.....I always think bait. :unsure:

luvs
01-03-2015, 10:35 PM
i slipped. damn. my lytes were not okay, so 1 seizure later, i was inpatient.

we got Asian. chix/beef. deciding on tonite's dinner as i type.

TiredRetired
01-03-2015, 11:08 PM
i slipped. damn. my lytes were not okay, so 1 seizure later, i was inpatient.

we got Asian. chix/beef. deciding on tonite's dinner as i type.

Yeah, I rang my bell tother day on the corner of one of the cabinet doors. Even the dog thought it funny. :w00t2:

MrLiberty
01-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I rang my bell tother day on the corner of one of the cabinet doors. Even the dog thought it funny. :w00t2:

Dogs think everything is funny.........:yum:

I bought a whole ham the other day and I'm going to fix it for dinner tonight with baked taters, sweet corn, and homemade applesauce.

Melensdad
01-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Don't know what is for dinner tonight. It is Melen's last night at home with us before she leaves to return to Wake Forest. Maybe prime rib?

But last night it was a room temperature can of Chef Boy Ar-Dee Mini Ravioli and a can of root beer to wash it down. It was an active day, we were all tired, nobody had energy to make a meal and I may have been the only one of us who ate anything at all for dinner because we had a late & large lunch earlier.

JEV
01-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Celebrating #2 daughter's birthday here today. I have a roast sitting on mire poix in the crock pot that I pan seared, then deglazed the pan with some red wine and put a cup of beef broth in with it. I'll check on it around 2pm. Making mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed broccoli, cauliflower & carrots for a side. German chocolate cupcakes per the birthday girl's request are already baked & frosted with a cream cheese frosting.

bczoom
01-04-2015, 10:43 AM
I wish I could cook like JEV. :(

I have 2 large pyrex pans filled with beef short ribs slow cooking in the oven right now. Not sure if that's going to be for tonight or tomorrow.

I have a couple nice Delmonico's sitting out ready to hit the grill for lunch. Waiting for a window in time when it's not raining.

JEV
01-04-2015, 12:30 PM
I wish I could cook like JEV. :( For me, cooking is an enjoyable hobby. I volunteer in the commercial kitchen for a few big food events throughout the year at out church, and that's enough to keep me cooking as a hobbyist, not a chef. If I had to cook for a living, I would go looking for another job. It's not an easy life, and it takes special people to enjoy production cooking. Kind of like choosing proctology as a career.:brows:

TiredRetired
01-04-2015, 12:30 PM
I wish I could cook like JEV. :(

The Old Boy knows his way around a kitchen, no doubt bout that.:applause:

For my big day today, it's going to be a 7 pound prime rib, mashed potatoes whipped up in my new Kitchen-Aid mixer and a vegetable or salad. Maybe a few Miller 64's to wash it all down with. :clap:

MrLiberty
01-04-2015, 01:26 PM
For me, cooking is an enjoyable hobby. I volunteer in the commercial kitchen for a few big food events throughout the year at out church, and that's enough to keep me cooking as a hobbyist, not a chef. If I had to cook for a living, I would go looking for another job. It's not an easy life, and it takes special people to enjoy production cooking. Kind of like choosing proctology as a career.:brows:

I did it for over 15 years and loved every minute of it. Had to quit though because of my arthritis, it was getting harder and harder to climb the stairs 10 times a day to get stuff. The restaurant business is a hard life, you work many hours, but you can meet great people.

JEV
01-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Not eating for awhile as daughter #1 is waiting for grandson to wake up from his nap before they begin their 40 minute commute. I figured I'd post what's done, because it will be a circus when they get here.

The square cut roast came out fork tender, and the red wine reduction gravy is delicious. I added some parsley & Parmesan cheese to the smashed taters...mmmmmm! The veggies will steam up pretty quick once the kids get here, and we'll be ready to tie on the feed bag.

luvs
01-04-2015, 08:02 PM
blake is on his way; i'll see if he would be into getting chinese or another delivery dinner when he gets here.

muleman
01-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Baked an eye of round roast in the clay cooker with celery, carrots and taters chunked up around it. Started it of in a brown gravy mix and turned it over after an hour at 350. Let it cook for 3 hours with the lid on and then reduced to 300 with the lid off for a 1/2 hour on each side. So tender it cut with a fork. Have enough left for another meal.:clap:

MrLiberty
01-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Baked an eye of round roast in the clay cooker with celery, carrots and taters chunked up around it. Started it of in a brown gravy mix and turned it over after an hour at 350. Let it cook for 3 hours with the lid on and then reduced to 300 with the lid off for a 1/2 hour on each side. So tender it cut with a fork. Have enough left for another meal.:clap:

And you didn't invite the rest of us..........:unsure:

JEV
01-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Day three and the last of the roast beef. Boy, was that a good roast. I decided to add Hasselback potatoes (http://whatscookingamerica.net/Vegetables/HasselbackPotatoes.htm), then topped them with sour cream. After three days of beef, we're looking forward to Pasta Primavera tomorrow.
Attached Images http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19637&stc=1&d=1420585109

TiredRetired
01-06-2015, 06:42 PM
No such thing as too much Roast Beast, but I tend to be more of a meat and potatoes type guy anyway. We are also on day 3 of our prime rib.

No complaints from me. :biggrin:

luvs
01-06-2015, 07:54 PM
pizza & Asian. i'm sincere when i say that they gave us enough food to last a month, & my pal gave me haluski, as well. nom.

TiredRetired
01-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Andouille Sausage and Bacon. Prepared it this morning, cooking it this evening.

MrLiberty
01-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Ham and eggs tonight. Might make hash browns too.

JEV
01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Found some pork tenderloin in the freezer and pineapple chunks in the cupboard, so I turned it into Sweet & Sour Pork over rice.
Attached Images http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19641&stc=1&d=1420757305

JEV
01-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Breakfast for dinner tonight.

TiredRetired
01-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Vermont Maple Syrup, Joe?

JEV
01-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Vermont Maple Syrup, Joe?
Big Lots sale rack.:yum::yum::yum:

JEV
01-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Made a new bread recipe I saw in Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives on Friday night...Cranberry Wild Rice Bread. It was made just to make French toast for dinner, and it was very good. The wild rice component added absolutely nothing to the recipe that we could detect, but we really enjoyed bread and will make it again, without the rice.

TiredRetired
01-11-2015, 07:16 PM
What type of flour did you use in that bread? Also, Yeast or baking powder? I bet you used baking powder.

JEV
01-11-2015, 07:32 PM
What type of flour did you use in that bread? Also, Yeast or baking powder? I bet you used baking powder.

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread

Makes one loaf or six muffins

Sponge:

4 oz. Water
2-1/2 oz. Bread Flour
2-1/2t Yeast
1T Sugar

Ingredients:

5-1/2 oz. Water or milk
1 oz. Canola oil or melted butter
.30 oz. Salt
¾ C Cooked wild rice-cooked thoroughly and cooled (optional)
1 Lg. Egg (whipped)
½ - 3/4C Cranberries
5-1/2 oz. Stone Ground Whole Wheat flour
8 oz. White Bread Flour

Mix first four ingredients for sponge and let rise 1 hour.
Add remaining ingredients and mix for 7 minutes.
Allow to rise one hour then punch down and shape into loaves.
Allow to rise until almost double in size, about one hour
Pre heat oven 350F
Butter the top of the loaves and bake for 45-50 minutes or until 200F core temp.
Cool for 90 minutes before slicing.

TiredRetired
01-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Thanx. I just may try that.

JEV
01-15-2015, 08:01 PM
The whole first floor is disrupted while I paint the woodwork, so we just had toasted ham & cheese sammies on whole wheat, with some Italian wedding Soup left over from Monday's staff meeting at DW's work.
Attached Images http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19686&stc=1&d=1421369717

MrLiberty
01-15-2015, 08:09 PM
I made a pot of chicken soup, I have a bad cold and thought chicken soup would help me out. I wasn't impressed with my soup, but then I can't smell or taste anything. :sad:

luvs
01-16-2015, 07:07 AM
cold spaghetti/meatballs that i opened w/ a bottle opener (can openers & myself, we prefer to not be pals) & multi-grain cheerios, rice krispies, & organic horizons milk. one of those nights, tonite.
then a few drafts.

JEV
01-16-2015, 07:35 AM
I made a pot of chicken soup, I have a bad cold and thought chicken soup would help me out. I wasn't impressed with my soup, but then I can't smell or taste anything. :sad:
It's a bitch wasting good food on a cold where you can't smell or taste. FWIW, next time you make scratch chicken soup, add some soup base to kick up the flavor. These genetically raised chickens have about as much good taste as a liberal heckler at and GOP rally.:brows:

luvs
01-16-2015, 07:34 PM
my nurse & me went to market district & got samples. then i went to a bar. got bribed to bring my beloved bartender her faves food-wise in exchange fer shots.
a guy i know offered to take me to a concert. we shall see on that one. see if they have foodstuff & alcohol.

Umberto
01-16-2015, 09:10 PM
fired up the grill since it's not raining, baking some fries, brocholitini is on the hob, and salade on the side

a 2002 Porteous Cab Reserve is the wine

luvs
01-17-2015, 01:25 AM
meatball hoagie (or a piece of one, anyhow- they make 'em as food ought be made- plentiful! i have half in my fridge.), then i went on a pantry & fridge dive. pasta, deli meats, cheese, alcohol, & early on, a few foam cups of multi-grain cheerios & a cup-ful of rice krispies w/ organic horizions milk. my finger is broken, so i cannot cook fer chit fer now. sour candy of 2 sorts fer dessert, too.
&, my nurse & i got many a sample while we got groceries earlier, too.

luvs
01-18-2015, 09:15 PM
i have reverted to my old habit of pairing various items. tonite was soup, pasta, a few slices of deli meats, coleslaw, & pabst. & a slice of a meatball, too. i make teensy amounts. i'll make a snack later on, as well.

JEV
01-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Riblets, broccolislaw and B-size redskins pan fried in bacon grease & herbs de Joseph. :brows:

TiredRetired
01-20-2015, 04:28 PM
12" Deep Dish Pizza with Ham & Italian Sausage. Baked in a cast iron skillet.

MrLiberty
01-20-2015, 04:47 PM
weenies and beans........:sad:

JEV
01-20-2015, 07:50 PM
On Sunday I made chicken noodle soup for DW for an appreciation luncheon today at her work, and she brought the leftover home tonight. Added a couple toasted ham-n-cheese sammies and we called it dinner.

This afternoon I made 4 dozen Sweet Potato & Mascarpone ravioli, and 6 dozen 4-cheese ravioli for our son's birthday dinner on Saturday. All were frozen then bagged for Saturday.

Sorry, too much flour all over to bring out the camera.

MrLiberty
01-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Sounds Great JEV.

TiredRetired
01-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Friends coming over so we made our crock pot beef stew, homemade rolls and as part of the appetizers, homemade potato chips with homemade Garlic, Tomato and Basil dip.

JEV
01-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Friends coming over so we made our crock pot beef stew, homemade rolls and as part of the appetizers, homemade potato chips with homemade Garlic, Tomato and Basil dip.

Sweeeeeeet!

JEV
01-23-2015, 10:37 PM
Double play yesterday and again today. Vegetable turkey meat loaf. Only difference is tonight I steamed broccoli & cauliflower instead of green beans tossed in buttered Italian bread crumbs. left the skin on the taters, because we love them that way.

TiredRetired
01-23-2015, 11:07 PM
Double play yesterday and again today. Vegetable turkey meat loaf. Only difference is tonight I steamed broccoli & cauliflower instead of green beans tossed in buttered Italian bread crumbs. left the skin on the taters, because we love them that way.

There is no such thing as bad meat loaf. Eat it hot, cold, in a sandwich doesn't matter. :biggrin:

Melensdad
01-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Went to Chicago and had my wife's birthday dinner. Her Birthday is tomorrow but I'll be at a fencing competition all day and into the late evening before I get home.

Started out with some grilled octopus served over a boiled fingerling potato salad.
Then some Squid/Mussels/Clams served over toasted rice sized noodles. (don't recall the special name of the noodle).
Finally some fluke baked in a bag with fennel, white beans and a garlic butter.
Each course had its own wine, but honestly I'm not really a wine guy, could have lived without any of that.

Then we walked into the kitchen and got a little cooking lesson from the chef and the fish monger, got to try some boiled octopus in there, and discussed cleaning fish, squid, etc with the fish monger. Was a nice evening.

luvs
01-24-2015, 05:39 AM
we were given a cheese plate, via bartender, & i drank a few (5) drafts. got so slippy via snow that bartender made me dial her once i got in. i was thinkin' sno-cones- until i thought of how non-pristine city pavement is & how many shoes, boots, dogs, & 'at have gone over that snow. soup for me fer my dinner. (my wake-snooze times aren't normal.)

pirate_girl
01-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Baked bbq'd chicken legs (2), rice pilaf and green beans for dinner last night (at work).
No idea what I'll have this evening.
Might go out with some friends if I can arrange it.
Steak sounds good.

JEV
01-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Pork chop, roasted balsamic & Parmesan cauliflower, twice baked potato & tossed salad. The cauliflower was DW's idea, and it was just OK...nothing to write home about. Not something I'll waste cauliflower on again. (Don't tell Mama...shhhhh...)
Attached Images http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19726&stc=1&d=1422493692

Ironman
01-28-2015, 09:21 PM
I had KFC for suppers tonight. That greasy shit tasted pretty dang good. 30 bucks for a chicken diner. :neutral:

MrLiberty
01-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Chef's salad tonight, eh. :neutral:

TiredRetired
01-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Pork Chops with bacon/sausage stuffing, Cabot's Cheddar Cheese Scallop Potatoes and glazed apples.

MrLiberty
01-31-2015, 06:13 PM
crispy thick sliced bacon, eggs over easy, and hash browns.

TiredRetired
02-02-2015, 10:11 AM
For Breakfast a no crust Quiche with spinach, ham & bacon.

JEV
02-02-2015, 12:23 PM
For Breakfast a no crust Quiche with spinach, ham & bacon.

I believe that is also called a breakfast strata or a fritatta in Italian. Real men don't eat quiche, but we'll eat an egg pie all day long. :yum: I make these with all veggies quite often for my breakfast. Low calories, high nutrition, and damn tasty. below are some of the ingredients I use for mine.

Last night we cleaned up the leftover turkey meatloaf that Mama made on Saturday. I smothered mine in ketchup and hot sauce. Mmmmmmm...

luvs
02-03-2015, 03:16 AM
blake is on his way over. seeing if he can have his cabbie take him to get fast food; have not gotten that in awhile- KFC or pizza.

pirate_girl
02-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Going to crumble leftover burgers from yesterday in some brown gravy, with macaroni, onion, mushrooms and whatever, and call it dinner.

pirate_girl
02-05-2015, 12:44 PM
I'll go to A&W on my dinner break and get a small chili, cheese curds and a root beer. :biggrin:

Alonzo Tubbs
02-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Going to crumble leftover burgers from yesterday in some brown gravy, with macaroni, onion, mushrooms and whatever, and call it dinner.

Well, well Most Diminutive of Buccaneers, that's sounds like one of my culinary master pieces! I call it the "dog strangler". Enjoy.

luvs
02-08-2015, 04:31 PM
fridge-divin' night-- bartender gave me 2 sloppy joes. i put 1 in my fridge fer tonight, & made 1 into dinner last night.

Umberto
02-08-2015, 07:03 PM
I made sloppy joe's last night and had the leftovers after church this morning.

Tonight it's a pork roast done in the crock pot all day.

Leni
02-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Chili from scratch and chard grown in our back yard. Husband finished off the corn bread yesterday.

JEV
02-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Panko crusted baked Parmesan chicken with steamed broccoli and mashed cauliflower with Parmesan & Mascarpone cheese. Definitely a low carb meal that was very filling. Oh, homemade chicken gravy as well.

Umberto
02-13-2015, 08:42 AM
I made sloppy joe's last night and had the leftovers after church this morning.

Tonight it's a pork roast done in the crock pot all day.

The pastured pork was more like wild boar and quite different than the other white meat. I made pulled pork from the leftovers and finished it off for breakfast yesterday.

MrLiberty
02-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Last night was Denver Omelets, tonight left over spaghetti. :glare:

JEV
02-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Busy morning in the kitchen making sandwich thins & hotdog buns. While they were proofing, I cut up all the veggies for the pork stir fry for dinner.
Attached Images http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19847&stc=1&d=1423867557 http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19848&stc=1&d=1423867557 http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19849&stc=1&d=1423867557

JEV
02-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Awesome dinner of s'ghetti, salad, garlic toast & fried eggplant medallions topped with Mozzarella & marinara. Mmmmmm...

Oh, and YES, the garlic toast is made from the hot dog rolls I made a few days ago. The perfect size for dinner for two, when you're watching carbs like we do.

luvs
02-18-2015, 09:14 PM
pasta. pesto or a marinara. uh-uh on ingesting a meat, here.

MrLiberty
02-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Pancakes for dinner tonight. :chef:

JEV
02-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Instant replay of a new favorite from just a few weeks ago (1-25-15)...Broccoli-cauliflower casserole. Since casseroles aren't very pretty, I'm just posting the same picture from the first time I made it, because it looks the same. Like last time, I added 1/2C of rice (dry wt.) and 10oz. of grilled chicken breast that I diced and mixed throughout.
Base recipe from: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...wer-casserole/ (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/11/broccoli-cauliflower-casserole/)

luvs
02-19-2015, 08:20 PM
lentil curry, & then i'm making salad tomorrow, or veggie chili. sure am hungry fer pierogi. later, fer those, if i make them.

JEV
02-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Pot roast & mashed taters. Wine reduction pan gravy. Mmmm....

Umberto
02-22-2015, 06:55 PM
I made a vegetarian marinara with Italian tomatoes and will pan fry some Tofurky Italian Sausage on the side. The pasta will regular spaghetti and nothing fancy.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/FullSizeRender-18.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/FullSizeRender-18.jpg.html)

300 H and H
02-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Spatchcock chicken, real mashed potatoes, and home grown sweetcorn with a touch of onion and bellpeppers...

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad
02-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Stopped off at the local SCHOOPS Hamburgers tonight. Its a family owned local chain. Great (and large) burgers.

pirate_girl
02-22-2015, 09:17 PM
brinner - no toast.
Watching the carbs, don'tcha know.. :biggrin:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/Loralei_01/dinz_zpsau9xzds7.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Loralei_01/media/dinz_zpsau9xzds7.jpg.html)

Umberto
02-23-2015, 02:21 PM
I didn't watch my carbs last night and it was excellent.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_4186.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_4186.jpg.html)

Umberto
02-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Moules with a baguette, no French fries.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_4206.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_4206.jpg.html)

JEV
02-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Chicken-n-rice soup and grilled cheese with red onion & tomato on homemade Slovenian bread. Nice comfort meal for a cold day in NE Ohio.

pirate_girl
02-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Baked fish (crispy haddock fillets), sweet potato (nuked) and salad (romaine/sliced red onion/cucumber.. with light Italian dressing).
'twas delish!

300 H and H
02-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Home made chili here, and I know it doesn't sound good, but my daughter bought some cocktail shrimp and sauce we had on the side.

I ate the shrimp first. Actually it was kinda good going from cold shrimp in cocktail sauce, then the hot bowl of Chilli...

Regards, Kirk

Umberto
02-26-2015, 11:06 PM
I had a take away Thai Beef Bowl from Pho Dhin in Des Moines, WA and it was quite good, for a change. The beef was BBQ short ribs. I also got a beef pho for my school lunch tomorrow.

JEV
02-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Finished the leftovers from Wednesday that I didn't post. No-crust veggie quiche with crumbled bacon, and topped with shredded Provolone and Mozzarella.

JEV
02-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Here are me (gray t-shirt) and Glen, the head of catering at our church. I was browning up pierogis & onions on the flat top grill while he was frying fish & fries while a photographer was assembling a story on local fish frys in the area. My 15 minutes of fame.:yum:
I left the kitchen early after I went through 4 cases of pierogies and helping the baked fish guy prep 5 sheet pans of Alaskan pollock. He preped and baked 20 sheet pans of fish, which was 5 cases. Last week we sold 550 meals from 5-7:30 pm. That's a butt-load of work for 20 volunteers.

luvs
03-03-2015, 11:36 PM
so much as he is buying, order-in wings & pie. he invites himself over @ 11:15- great that i kinda tolerate him. dialing me a @ that hour to see if i'm hungry. jagov. he is so taking me to get my piercing asap after that one. i'll. well, i'll answer his knock. he got here fast!

MrLiberty
03-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Here are me (gray t-shirt) and Glen, the head of catering at our church. I was browning up pierogis & onions on the flat top grill while he was frying fish & fries while a photographer was assembling a story on local fish frys in the area. My 15 minutes of fame.:yum:
I left the kitchen early after I went through 4 cases of pierogies and helping the baked fish guy prep 5 sheet pans of Alaskan pollock. He preped and baked 20 sheet pans of fish, which was 5 cases. Last week we sold 550 meals from 5-7:30 pm. That's a butt-load of work for 20 volunteers.

From that angle you have a remarkable resemblance to my brother.

JEV
03-04-2015, 01:45 PM
From that angle you have a remarkable resemblance to my brother.
Your brother must be one good looking guy. Lucky him. :brows:

If I look like your brother, then your brother must look like my brother as well. He's holding my grand daughter.

pirate_girl
03-05-2015, 10:38 AM
We had a celebration catered affair at work yesterday, compliments of Panera Bread.
Bagels of just about every kind, 3 flavours of cream cheese, baked potato and tomato soup, a pesto pasta, fruit bowls and a ton of pastries.

This was for once again passing state survey with flying colours.

Ironman
03-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Pasta Cake :biggrin:

http://s21.postimg.org/ke26m60ev/image.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/nwe6ik1av/image.jpg

(Old pic)
http://s3.postimg.org/bo3c43uzn/image.jpg

JEV
03-06-2015, 07:12 AM
One has to wonder just how many different ways there are to make pasta??? This is a first-see for me, so I did some research found a couple different ways to do this. I particularly like the method of using a pastry bag to fill each tube with a ricotta mixture to half full, then top off each one, & the voids in between, with meat sauce and cheese to cap it off. It's harder to make than traditional lasagna, but it will surely have people talking about how clever you are. Pasta pie, pasta cake, baked Ziti, baked spaghetti...no end to the ways folks will turn pasta into a casserole.

JEV
03-06-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm going out of town for a few days, so I wanted to clean out the veggie drawer, as DW won't be cooking for herself, and I don't want to waste them. So I found a hunk of Hillshire turkey sausage and made this up for dinner.
Attached Images http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19960&stc=1&d=1425599572

MrLiberty
03-06-2015, 07:18 AM
Your brother must be one good looking guy. Lucky him. :brows:

If I look like your brother, then your brother must look like my brother as well. He's holding my grand daughter.

There is a resemblance to my brother, glasses and all. Of course I look nothing like him, he took after our dad, in fact today if you look at a picture of our dad at our age they could be brothers. I look like mom and I'm 5'3" tall whereas my bro is 6'2" tall.

pirate_girl
03-07-2015, 09:49 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/Loralei_01/nachos_zpsplh1xohf.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Loralei_01/media/nachos_zpsplh1xohf.jpg.html)

luvs
03-08-2015, 06:31 PM
deli meat- prosciutto parma, turkey, london broil, & mustards & mayo. i have crab, escargot, & frog fer later on.

i bought pork jowl, too, via a charcuterie area. may open that, too, although i'll hafta research uses.

MrLiberty
03-08-2015, 07:46 PM
deli meat- prosciutto parma, turkey, london broil, & mustards & mayo. i have crab, escargot, & frog fer later on.

i bought pork jowl, too, via a charcuterie area. may open that, too, although i'll hafta research uses.

Well that's nothing to brag about.........:biggrin:

luvs
03-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Well that's nothing to brag about.........:biggrin:

oh, i live on my share of candy, pasta i pre-cook & re-warm, pierogies, sodium, & preservatives.
'lilChefs hafta indulge, too.:wink:

NorthernRedneck
03-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Pork rib roast that cooked in the slow cooker all day. Cubed potatoes baked in the oven and sweetened mashed turnip with fresh homemade buns. Cake for desert. Washed it all down with a beer.

Umberto
03-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Last night I grilled naked chicken breasts, used alder and cherry for smoke and added the Memphis sauce at the table.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_0621.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_0621.jpg.html)

Umberto
03-10-2015, 02:05 PM
I needed more cabbage in the slaw and it was a bit moist, had no carrot or green pepper to add, as well.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_4308.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_4308.jpg.html)

Leni
03-10-2015, 02:36 PM
I grilled a pork loin wrapped in bacon. It was served with German fried potatoes and green beans.

MrLiberty
03-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Tonight meat loaf, red skinned parsley buttered potatoes, and green beans, with homemade applesauce.

Umberto
03-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I grilled a pork loin wrapped in bacon. It was served with German fried potatoes and green beans.

What are German fried potatoes - like German potato salad?

Tonight is bim im bop at a local place that came recommended from a Korean gal I know. I imagine some kimchi will be involved. :brows:

Umberto
03-11-2015, 10:43 AM
The bimimbop was excellent but was the onliest one in the place and don't know how they stay in business.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/photo_1.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/photo_1.jpg.html)

MrLiberty
03-11-2015, 10:48 AM
What are German fried potatoes - like German potato salad?

Tonight is bim im bop at a local place that came recommended from a Korean gal I know. I imagine some kimchi will be involved. :brows:

They're potatoes fried with bacon and onions, I always called these home fried potatoes.

Umberto
03-11-2015, 06:10 PM
I chopped up the 3 leftover breasts from the other night, half onion, poured a bottle of BullsEye Memphis sauce over the pot and it's simmering on the hob.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_4318.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_4318.jpg.html)

pirate_girl
03-14-2015, 12:51 AM
Fish fry Friday from the Knights of Columbus, of course!

Umberto
03-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Last night was chicken tamales bought from a woman what sells them out of her truck down by the river and chicken chalupas. The tamales are the best.

I've not seen any church fish fries this year and my bud's church quit doing them.

MrLiberty
03-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Every church in our area seems to have them, but if you want a good fish fry dinner you have to go to the VFW down the street. Tonight though will be hot dogs and beans.

pirate_girl
03-17-2015, 01:18 AM
I stopped at the grocery store on the way to work and got a 3 pack of corned beef and swiss sliders, they had inglehoffer horseradish sauce on them...:brows:

JEV
03-17-2015, 01:28 AM
Spent Sunday baking bread and making pasta sauce (10#), as well as making a pot roast & gravy. Had spaghetti for dinner Sunday, then the pot roast tonight and again tomorrow. Nice to have home cooking after a week on vacation.

Umberto
03-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Ha, I did a pot roast Sunday, as well.

Tonight will make Steak and Guinness but think I'll go to KFC for the biscuits as the oven is still down. :angry:

TiredRetired
03-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Corned Beef and cabbage. What else? It's St. Patty's Day!:biggrin:

MrLiberty
03-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Corned Beef and cabbage. What else? It's St. Patty's Day!:biggrin:

Yep, I made a big pot of corned beef and cabbage Sunday and I still have enough left for tonights supper. I'll skip the green beer and have a Jack and Coke instead. :biggrin:

Umberto
03-17-2015, 06:01 PM
I was going to make half batch of Steak and Guinness but as you can see it didn't happen. This has 1.5 pound petite sirloin, 3 parsnips, 3 carrots, two yellow potatoes, one onion, basket of crimini mushrooms, two cans of tomatoes, two bottles of Guinness and salt and pepper. I'll bake Grand's in the toaster oven. I don't feel like going to KFC for biscuits. I'm not a big fan of black beer to drink, so got Harp to go with the stew.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_0685.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_0685.jpg.html)

pirate_girl
03-17-2015, 09:41 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/Loralei_01/dinz_zpsqrcl3d4j.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Loralei_01/media/dinz_zpsqrcl3d4j.jpg.html)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qvNCmGQyQ2

Slainte! :biggrin:

Umberto
03-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Slainte!

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_0693.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_0693.jpg.html)

TiredRetired
03-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Red Flannel Hash, made with leftovers from yesterday's St. Patrick's Day Dinner.

TiredRetired
03-18-2015, 03:50 PM
For dessert, a little candy. Homemade Mounds Bars and Peanut Clusters.

Umberto
03-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Last night's dinner was Trader Joe's linguini with a veg marinara and it was quite good.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_0699_2.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_0699_2.jpg.html)

MrLiberty
03-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Finally finishing the left over corned beef and cabbage from Sunday. I love my corned beef and cabbage, but after 5 days I'll be glad it's gone until next year. :clap:

JEV
03-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Moist pork chop, potatoes fried with peppers & onions in bacon grease, and vegetable medley.

pirate_girl
03-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Salmon cakes and broccoli slaw.

TiredRetired
03-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Mac & Cheese made with the one and only Cabot's Extra Sharp Cheddar.

pirate_girl
03-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Mac & Cheese made with the one and only Cabot's Extra Sharp Cheddar.

A fine cheese there, you cheesy one. :yum::flowers:

Catavenger
03-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Crappy spaghetti & sausages. I had it already cooking and could not find my strainer. Without the strainer I had a mushy mess. Sausages were good so I saved a couple of them to eat with canned ravioli or something. I sure wish I remembered where the heck that strainer is.

pirate_girl
03-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Crappy spaghetti & sausages. I had it already cooking and could not find my strainer. Without the strainer I had a mushy mess. Sausages were good so I saved a couple of them to eat with canned ravioli or something. I sure wish I remembered where the heck that strainer is.

Did you use it to clean the litter box?
j/k...:hide::yankchain:

TiredRetired
03-20-2015, 11:23 PM
A fine cheese there, you cheesy one. :yum::flowers:

:yum: Oh yeah, my favorite for sure. That damn stuff is addicting. Makes an incredible grilled cheese too. :clap:

pirate_girl
03-20-2015, 11:27 PM
:yum: Oh yeah, my favorite for sure. That damn stuff is addicting. Makes an incredible grilled cheese too. :clap:
I know.
I bought some a while back and posted a picture of the cheese.
It's kinda pricey around here in the 'special cheese' section at my grocery store, but well worth it.

I'm pissed because we don't have curds available right now in the cold case next to the usual cheeses.
I fancy a plate of poutine sometime soon.

Umberto
03-21-2015, 05:13 PM
I had Colombia River steelhead last night with a mix of gnocchi, Brussels sprouts and broccoli. The steelhead was excellent but the veg was overcooked and not good at all. You can bet they did't use Cabot for the cheese on the veg.:hammer:

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_4427.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_4427.jpg.html)

For an appy I had oysters on the half shell: kusshi and kumamoto. They were sweet and excellent.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_4419.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_4419.jpg.html)

TiredRetired
03-21-2015, 08:41 PM
I know.
I bought some a while back and posted a picture of the cheese.
It's kinda pricey around here in the 'special cheese' section at my grocery store, but well worth it.

I'm pissed because we don't have curds available right now in the cold case next to the usual cheeses.
I fancy a plate of poutine sometime soon.

Poutine is very popular up here as we have a good size French Canadian population here. That is good stuff, as is most French Canadian dishes. :biggrin:

pirate_girl
03-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Rainbow trout, wild rice and green beans... from Cracker Barrel.

Umberto
03-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Rainbow trout, wild rice and green beans... from Cracker Barrel.

Who knew Cracker Barrel had trout? I'll get back to trout fishing this year and have some ideas.

I made a veg marinara with zucchini, onions, and mushrooms and wasn't bad. I used a Mezzetta marinara and added more wine, basil, and parsley.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_0723.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_0723.jpg.html)

JEV
03-22-2015, 01:49 AM
After church we went to Schlotsky's for a sandwich, then to see American Sniper. I'm glad I read the book while on vacation, as the movie left out a lot of detail. But then, they only had 2 hours 12 minutes to tell the story that took two full days to read. No dry eyes in the theater at the end. Stopped for ice cream on the way home.

luvs
03-22-2015, 07:26 AM
croccantini- i get rosemary ones-; chevre, & sour cherry preserves.

dialing bartender-pal to see if she'll get me proscuitto. if not, i have a new-to-me parma berkshire guanciale. has a plethora of fat, tho not in an unpleasant way. salt prevails, as does its aging- very strong flavors. i'll say, i would buy another. soon.

MrLiberty
03-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Jets pizza last night

pirate_girl
03-22-2015, 09:03 PM
I had good old baked beans on toast and a fried egg.
Antony Worrall Thompson was once on a cookery show in England and said the only way to properly prepare a can of baked beans was to add a T of butter and lots of black pepper.
I've done it that way ever since.

Ironman
03-22-2015, 10:12 PM
I dined at big Daddy Macs diner. Sorry, this shit taste really feckin good (which means it's really bad for you, and I'll die before I hit 60).

Quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry. Hell yeah. :biggrin:

http://s2.postimg.org/w167lkr15/image.jpg[/url]

pirate_girl
03-22-2015, 10:16 PM
I dined at big Daddy Macs diner. Sorry, this shit taste really feckin good (which means it's really bad for you, and I'll die before I hit 60).

I got a Big Mac last week.
The first one I'd had in a long time.
Must say it went down easy.
I do prefer the Big King at BK tho.
But that's not a restaurant here in town.

Ironman
03-22-2015, 10:26 PM

BK has a KILLA burger, but I am addicted to those McDonalds french fries!

Hmmmm... Maybe I'll hit BK tomorrow night... :shifty:

luvs
03-23-2015, 06:24 AM
bickering w/ my Mom. she & vinny're takin' me/family to dinner soon.

they know my disdain fer chain restaurants. so my Mom found 1 acceptable non-chain one.
they're not open when we were gonna dine, there.
so, onto other places.
1 was an Italian/Asian/American/Russian/etc. restaurant. 'Mom', says i...... 'you get that i'm a Chef. correct~.'
'yes, missy. i know you're a Chef'.
'then why would you pick places that have hundreds of menu items~ that is not a thriving place. that's a desperate place. yinz have cable. have you not seen those shows~'

i eventually said, ferget my kinda restaurant food. we'll swing thru an arby's & i'll bring a pop so we have not got to pay fer a fountain drink. (sarcasm.) then you can get on w/ your VIP career-stuff, & i'll head to a bar, where i'll get a beverage, on them, & order real food.'

we're Mother & daughter. we bicker. & we bicker often.

dinner tonight-- yesterday's dinner. cheese, crackers, & jam.

Umberto
03-23-2015, 09:51 AM
As a chef, is there anything you consider a speciality you make and could share your expertise? I'm not a chef but love to make a trad paella and do a a bit of French Farmhouse type dishes.

I'm thinking it's time to do something again but will wait till the weather warms up and Lent over.

MrLiberty
03-23-2015, 10:54 AM

I had not had a big mac in years and as friend of mine said she was going and she'd get me one, with an apple pie on the side. Man those burgers sure did shrink and the apple pie is no longer deep fried I found out. It's no wonder that I don't go to these fast food joints, they suck. :hammer:

TiredRetired
03-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Below zero again this morning :brows: so I decided to run the oven and bake some cookies. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from the recipe on the cover of Quaker Oats. It's a good recipe.

JEV
03-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Broccoli chicken stir fry with pineapple & fried rice. Side salad as well. http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20054&stc=1&d=1427147263

TiredRetired
03-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Eatin' like a king I see. :clap:

Umberto
03-23-2015, 07:28 PM
Tonight it's leftover Steak and Guinness and the DIL brought two boxes of wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.

OhioTC18
03-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Left overs of smoked sausage and cheesy potatoes.

pirate_girl
03-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Eatin' like a king I see. :clap:

Not quite. lol

I got sweet heat bbq wings from a place called The Pit, then made a cucumber onion salad with Italian dressing as a side.

Umberto
03-24-2015, 12:15 AM
I ate 2 boxes of wings - I hate myself. :biggrin:

JEV
03-24-2015, 07:21 AM
I ate 2 boxes of wings - I hate myself. :biggrin:
I ate the left over broccoli chicken for breakfast, and I love myself. Mmm, mmm, good! :yum:

TiredRetired
03-24-2015, 07:11 PM
TR's Pizzeria churned out a 14" Ham, Onion and Pepperoni pizza for this evenings dining pleasure. My crust but because Mrs TR finds my own sauce too spicy and garlicy I used Prego pizza sauce which is much more bland and unsatisfying. :whistling: Nevertheless it came out great and the last few pieces are always great cold for breakfast. :biggrin:

Umberto
03-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Tonight it's Merino's tuny and King Oscar anchovy sarnies on a baguette like I used to get at the Cora in Forbach.

I love pizza for breakfast and want to do that soon.

JEV
03-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Made some bread & sandwich thins today, then my 5-cheese whole wheat ravioli with a salad and garlic toast for dinner. There were no prisoners taken for breakfast.:brows:

TiredRetired
03-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Made some bread & sandwich thins today, then my 5-cheese whole wheat ravioli with a salad and garlic toast for dinner. There were no prisoners taken for breakfast.:brows:

Lookin' good there bud! To bad about the breakfast, but I guess ya gotta eat it when its hot.

MrLiberty
03-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Fried chicken leg quarters, cole slaw and stuffing.

pirate_girl
03-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Chicken salad and romaine on a croissant, tomato bisque.

luvs
03-25-2015, 05:38 AM
[QUOTE=Umberto;20584596]As a chef, is there anything you consider a speciality you make and could share your expertise?QUOTE]

yeah! 'cept, i explain, often, that i have not got 1 dish that i'll specicfy as 'that dish'. rather, i'll take seasonal items, my previous knowledge, former Chefs' advice, advice via Chef-pals, & intuition, & several variations, sometimes. other thoughts, as well.
if I'm 1st-time making a dish, & i've got a winner.. then 'll watch ppl's expressions. visual appeal, flavor, aftertaste, nods of approval-- i look fer them. i've gotten few critiques/criticisms as yet-- those that i have gotten have made me create a better item.

btw, i make rockin' steak & lamb. so simplistic, yet, so complex to get to that correct level.

Umberto
03-25-2015, 12:26 PM
Last night it was Merino's tuna salade with anchovies like I used to get at the Cora in Forbach, Lorraine, FR.

The tuna has hardboiled eggs, celery, chopped green olives, onions, tuna, and Miracle Whip since I am out of mayo.

Tonight it chili and cheese and crackers for a dreary, rainy day.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_0738.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_0738.jpg.html)

TiredRetired
03-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Last night it was Merino's tuna salade with anchovies like I used to get at the Cora in Forbach, Lorraine, FR.

The tuna has hardboiled eggs, celery, chopped green olives, onions, tuna, and Miracle Whip since I am out of mayo.

Tonight it chili and cheese and crackers for a dreary, rainy day.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/JohnEWest/IMG_0738.jpg (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/JohnEWest/media/IMG_0738.jpg.html)

I miss having anchovies on a pizza. Gotta do that when the gorgeous Mrs. TR is not around. She hates them :yum:

Umberto
03-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Do a half and half. Most places here accommodate but surprised how many don't even keep them on hand. I love the little fish and can't get enough.

TiredRetired
03-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Do a half and half. Most places here accommodate but surprised how many don't even keep them on hand. I love the little fish and can't get enough.

Been there and done that, my friend. She claims she can smell them and still taste them somewhat on the other half which ruins it for her.

I wonder if the dog likes them? I'm willing to bet she does, so I won't have to eat alone. :yum:

BTW, I like that list of ingredients in the Tuna Salad. Yes Mayo is much better. That goes without saying. Gotta try that. Kudos.

JEV
03-25-2015, 03:29 PM
"She who must be obeyed" is making turkey meatloaf for dinner, so I just have to do the dishes (which I always do anyway). I'm guessing there will be mashed 'taters & corn as well. Getting hungry...

TiredRetired
03-25-2015, 04:50 PM
"She who must be obeyed" is making turkey meatloaf for dinner, so I just have to do the dishes (which I always do anyway). I'm guessing there will be mashed 'taters & corn as well. Getting hungry...

Sounds familiar. I'm not too pussy whipped. :yum:

MrLiberty
03-25-2015, 05:06 PM
I like the tangy zip of Miracle Whip which I will use tomorrow on the chicken salad I will make. Miracle Whip was the only thing my mom bought when I was growing up and I never acquired the taste for mayo.

Umberto
03-25-2015, 06:02 PM
I like both.

The chili is simmering on the hob.

300 H and H
03-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Sirloin tip steak sauted with onion, multi colored bell peppers, and mushrooms here this evening. My daughters are demanding some red meat...:smile:

For some reason I think this could be better with a little red wine reduced while cooking. So what do you think?

Regards, Kirk

Umberto
03-25-2015, 07:17 PM
Sirloin tip steak sauted with onion, multi colored bell peppers, and mushrooms here this evening. My daughters are demanding some red meat...:smile:

For some reason I think this could be better with a little red wine reduced while cooking. So what do you think?

Regards, Kirk

If braising the meat a bit of cab or merlot would be a nice addition or deglaze the pan with same for a sauce to add at the table.

You raise your own beef or strictly crop operation?