• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Be careful with it Murph!

Well things didn't go well. The deep fryer uses a lot of gas. Which caused problems in the fact the smaller LP tank could not keep up with enough vapor in the -20 temperatures we had. That along with cold air keeping the grease cold once I put the turkey in the fryer I couldn't keep the grease about 250 degrees. So I cooked it a lot longer to make up for it. The burner after some time would only burn about 5 minutes then go out. I would have to wait a tad bit for more vapor and then could light it again for another 5 minutes of run time.

That being it scared my wife about eating it even though after cooking it twice as long as required and having temps of the meat at 210 she was leary and I don't know if she will give it another try.

Couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG00004-20100102-1845.jpg
    IMG00004-20100102-1845.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG00002-20100102-1844.jpg
    IMG00002-20100102-1844.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG00006-20100102-1901.jpg
    IMG00006-20100102-1901.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 80

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Be careful with it Murph!

Where's the finished bird, Murph?
Do you have a pic of it?

Had to dig it off of another camera. I had one lady other than my wife that was really interested in the turkey. I wished I would have gotten the outside crispier but the heat just dropped when I put the bird in and I could not get the heat back up to the 350 that they wanted. Next time it will have to be a lot warmer out there.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 76

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Liver and onions with yellow rice and peas from our garden. It was great after the wife coats it in flour,pepper and mrs dashes and flash fried it in canola oil.:clap:

Attachments

• dinner 002.jpg
    dinner 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 126

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got plenty for tomorrow but the wife won't let me have it twice. Dang Doctors say everything that tastes good is bad for you. Looks like me and the birds will be sharing the rice and the pups and cats will be having liver tomorrow.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Liver and onions with yellow rice and peas from our garden. It was great after the wife coats it in flour,pepper and mrs dashes and flash fried it in canola oil.:clap:

I too love Liver and onions without the onions. Typically around here you get bacon with it also.

But I do have a question for you. I canned more corn that what I will be able to eat and am wondering if you have a recipe for canning your peas. I ate the peas this year as they were ready. Next year I want to can some like the corn.

murph

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No recipe. I always freeze them. We do them the same as blueberries and spread them out on a cookie sheet and flash freeze them, then ziploc and squeeze the air out and put them away. Just pop a bag out and nuke for 3-4 min. and ready to eat and sweet tasting.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You do that with corn too. We cooked our corn and then put in ziplocs and froze them as fast as we could. It was a lot of work.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You do that with corn too. We cooked our corn and then put in ziplocs and froze them as fast as we could. It was a lot of work.
I was already told not to plant so much corn this year. We did about 30 dozen and gave away some more plus what we ate as we needed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I babysat for my friend Linda's little 7 year old daughter for a couple of hours this evening.
She wanted pizza. I offered to take her to Pizza Hut.
No no no. She wanted "the pizza you make at your house."
So, I made a bubble pizza for us. She loved it.
We watched The Sound Of Music and had a nice time.:smile:
P.S.- I usually take dinner pics when I cook to share on NCT, most times, but not always.

2010-01-04 16-27-56.109.jpg

2010-01-04 16-35-05.454.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Left over pork, sauerkraut and taters with a Strongbow dry cider.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Chili & sourdough bread. then I made 4 dozen cheese/spinach ravioli, and used teh balance of the dough to make egg noodles for soup. Froze everything for future meals.

P1020392.jpg

P1020394.jpg

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I fired up the snowbank and grilled some chicken breasts, steamed some spinach, alfredo with sun dried tomato sauce and fettuccine.

Topped it off with a Corona / lime. :beer:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bake BBQ chips and a "Gimme Protien" Soy Burger . It was really good and if i did not tell you no one would know they were eating soy . 370 calories total !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A big azzed portherhouse with steak fries and creamed spinach.
Kitchen and computer desk shots.

Note to self: do not eat dinner near the computer, as creamed spinach will find it's way onto keyboard. grrrrrr

2010-01-11 17-27-39.498.jpg 2010-01-11 17-35-14.964.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gawd, what a good way to ruin a steak. Creamed spinach
icon13.gif

Bob
Hey! lol
That wasn't just any old crappy creamed spinach.
It has garlic, heavy cream and nutmeg in it.

I fights to the finish, cause I eats me spinach
I'm Lollie the Pirate Girl la la!:bb::smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This might appeal to Big Al.
100% meatless chili.

Chili-- based on this recipe.
Left out the corn (since I knew I'd be using white corn tortilla chips for dipping)
Halved the beans, and made vegetarian meatballs with Boca Crumbles.

First shot taken for Netcookingtalk, then replated and added the rest before eating.

http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythin...all-chili.html

attachment.php
attachment.php