PDA

View Full Version : What's for Dinner Tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

lilbopeep
04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Soft boiled eggs, Taylor ham, bacon and toasted seeded bakery rye.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/040412_soft_boiled_eggs_P1090447.jpg

pirate_girl
04-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Awwwwww Peeps!
That looks good!
I LOVE your little peep with the egg shell hat!!
Reps for that one girlie!:biggrin:

I had a chicken casserole thing at work with carrots on the side.
It was okay.

muleman
04-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Baked haddock loin with baked sweet potatoes. The boiled noodles were a scorched mess from inattention while I was feeding the cows.:whistling:

lilbopeep
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Awwwwww Peeps!
That looks good!
I LOVE your little peep with the egg shell hat!!
Reps for that one girlie!:biggrin:

I had a chicken casserole thing at work with carrots on the side.
It was okay.
Thank you Lollie. I haven't had them in awhile and with the holiday here I was missing mom so I made eggs with the tops cut off. LOL

lilbopeep
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
How about this? :brows:

Patty melt with provolone, caramelized onions, my spicy mayo sauce, fries and little trees, as my Kasey-bug calls them.
I'm stuffed darlin'!

Somehow I missed this post. YUMMY ooey gooey cheese :clap: I want a plate.

pirate_girl
04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks!
Man, now I'm hungry looking at your pic again! lol
By the way, I don't think I've ever had Taylor ham.
Sure looks good though.

luvs
04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
pix of few of the week's dinners: the macaroni & cheese was too mild, 'cept the tomato basil soup was perfection. they put just enough cheese & suble spice in. i saw no point in the orange curl on the marinara, tho the caramel apple bread pudding was scrumptious. the 'cassoulet' (it was baked beef stew, & again, why the orange~.....was knee-weakingly rich & the beef so tender, & the puff pastry made the dish, & the broccoli slaw was well-made. the cheesecake wasn't dense enough for me, & w/ all desserts they served, they put the presentation side facing away from u. the herbed chix was okay; potatoes/veggies yummy. the wild mushroom bisque was made into mincemeat w/ an immersion blender. the turkey meatloaf looks overcooked- nope. there was a taco-like seasoning sans the salt & bbq sauce on it. the penne w/ chix/pesto was good. the roasted beet salad was delish w/ dried cranberry/blue.

lilbopeep
04-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Welcome back luvie. What hospital were you in? The ones around have never served any food that looks that good. LOL

Glad you're back I have missed you.

luvs
04-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Welcome back luvie. What hospital were you in? The ones around have never served any food that looks that good. LOL

Glad you're back I have missed you.

thanks, peepsie; missed uuuu, too. i sure was missing my 'puter. made it 17 days sans one.:yum:
it was one of the upmc hospitals; they implemented a new program where you call anytime you'd like & they bring food to you. they're tweaking it.

pirate_girl
04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Well hello there Aubrey.
I called you a while back and left you a message of concern.
Did you get it?
It was your cell phone, not the other one.

luvs
04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
hi, lollie! no, i think i checked 'em all. i got the cell to me the end of the 1st week this time. i'll listen 2 the saved msgs. again, tho.

pirate_girl
04-06-2012, 12:20 AM
I called you on the 28th of March and left quite the rambling message sweetie.
Right now I am tickled to see you posting again.
I love you Aubreylee, my little chickadee.

luvs
04-06-2012, 12:46 AM
:w00t2:so glad to be online again. your 'lil chickadee luvs u, too, lollie. the # u dialed- was it the # that begins w/ a 7 or the #4~ (the cell is the '7' one.)

pirate_girl
04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
The 412, not the 724.
Shit, I just checked your numbers and details saved.
Guess I should have dialed 7.

muleman
04-06-2012, 12:56 AM
My sympathy level has gone way down when I see how good you were eating.:hammer: That looks better than the stuff I have been making and eating the last few weeks.:yum:

luvs
04-06-2012, 01:15 AM
i'll listen to the landline ones tomorrow. usually i unplug it.

i'm trying to stay awake for the golden girls. dinner was easy-peasy & kept me from missing my show. angelhair/3-cheese bottled sauce. we were pretty hungry.

sorry bout that, mule, :whistling::yum:

muleman
04-06-2012, 01:21 AM
My dinner tonight was a real quick chunk of roast from the slow cooker along with some tomatoe and a couple little whole onions. Grabbed that and wolfed it down and hit the road to Rochester.:sad:

pirate_girl
04-06-2012, 01:32 AM
i'll listen to the landline ones tomorrow. usually i unplug it.

i'm trying to stay awake for the golden girls. dinner was easy-peasy & kept me from missing my show. angelhair/3-cheese bottled sauce. we were pretty hungry.

Okay darlin'..
Hope you make it for the Golden Girls.
Dinnah looks splendid!
Enjoy.
I took a run over to Jing Fong for beef lo mein.
They have chop sticks now with take out :yum:.. had a sloppy chin as I enjoyed digging in.
Coulda used a utensil from the kitch, but said fork it.:biggrin:

pirate_girl
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
As keeping with tradition during the lenten season, I ran downtown for a fish sandwich for lunch.
Mercy!
Can't believe I ate the whole thing LOL
I won't be having dinner this evening.. if I do eat anything else it'll be fruit or something small at work.

luvs
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
that's dinner here, too. got the msg. you.d left on the landline, lollie. i needed to erase most of 97 others & save a few to hear it:yum:

i'm hungry for lunch now. maybe a salad.

pirate_girl
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Well good! So happy you finally heard it lol

luvs
04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
glad i got it. thanx for calling.:flowers:

lilbopeep
04-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Lunch will be McD fish filet sandwich BOGO and fries.

lilbopeep
04-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Fried cod, stuffed artichoke, Caeser salad with homemade dressing and warm crusty bread

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/040612_caeser_salad_P1090450.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/040612_cod_artichoke_caeser_P1090453.jpg

pirate_girl
04-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Holy Toledo, Peeps!
That's the bomb!
What did you use to stuff the 'chokes?

lilbopeep
04-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Holy Toledo, Peeps!
That's the bomb!
What did you use to stuff the 'chokes?
Thanks Lollie.

Slivered fresh garlic and mozzarella in the leaves.
Then highly seasoned bread crumbs with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses added to the crumbs. Then sprinkled over the top of the opened leaves.

pirate_girl
04-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Well it's spectacular!
Can't say I've ever prepared one at all.. but have eaten them before.
Beautiful hun.
That whole dinner is just perfect. :)

Oh, I bought a bag of white cheddar popcorn at Chief on my way to work, then grabbed a banana off the patient snack cart this evening.
That lunch stayed with me most of the day, and besides.. today is a day of fast.
That was dinner.

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Well it's spectacular!
Can't say I've ever prepared one at all.. but have eaten them before.
Beautiful hun.
That whole dinner is just perfect. :)

Oh, I bought a bag of white cheddar popcorn at Chief on my way to work, then grabbed a banana off the patient snack cart this evening.
That lunch stayed with me most of the day, and besides.. today is a day of fast.
That was dinner.
I wish I had some of that popcorn. YUM

I stuffed myself with salad YUM but all the garlic between the salad and choke is talking back! LOL :whistling: Need to grab a tums. LOL

pirate_girl
04-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Go French kiss the hubby first..
Then say Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby...
Then take the tums lolol

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Go French kiss the hubby first..
Then say Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby...
Then take the tums lolol
Hes at work. :clap: :yum:

pirate_girl
04-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Hes at work. :clap: :yum:
'Kay then, don't brush or gargle tonight, then do the above when he gets home!:shifty::yum::yum:
Wait.. you need the tums now.. I'd take them.
:biggrin:

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 12:38 AM
'Kay then, don't brush or gargle tonight, then do the above when he gets home!:shifty::yum::yum:
Wait.. you need the tums now.. I'd take them.
:biggrin:
:whistling::yum::yum:

pirate_girl
04-07-2012, 12:40 AM
hehehe ;)

luvs
04-07-2012, 12:43 AM
pretty meal, peep. i'm just putting olive oil, parm reggiano if i can find it in the freezer, broccoli & seasalt, pepper, & garlic on some angelhair. fish isn't thawed yet. i can't wait to get to market district tomorrow w/ my buddy. then snooze. ahhhh.

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 12:48 AM
pretty meal, peep. i'm just putting olive oil, parm reggiano if i can find it in the freezer, broccoli & seasalt, pepper, & garlic on some angelhair. fish isn't thawed yet. i can't wait to get to market district tomorrow w/ my buddy. then snooze. ahhhh.
Thank you sweets. Your dinner sounds yummy!! I LOVE Broccoli Aglio Olio!

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 12:54 AM
BTW I got a call back to the job yesterday (starting on monday) and I also have an interview for another job (right around the corner from that one) for tuesday.

pirate_girl
04-07-2012, 01:00 AM
BTW I got a call back to the job yesterday (starting on monday) and I also have an interview for another job (right around the corner from that one) for tuesday.
You go girl.
:flowers:

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 01:02 AM
You go girl.
:flowers:
Thank you If I stay with the original job I will be cooking only on the weekends again.

pirate_girl
04-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Thank you If I stay with the original job I will be cooking only on the weekends again.
I know.
If that's what it takes for you to feel good about yourself- being out and about working, Peeps.. then it's a good thing.

I know how much you love to cook and share your meal creations on the cooking forums- but think of it this way--
You'll cook when you can for your family.
Your daughter can do it otherwise.
You'll be contributing to the family pot via the income.

You'll cook and share what you have made on the weekends you have off... and we all love to see what you make for dinner, sweetie.

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 01:18 AM
I know.
If that's what it takes for you to feel good about yourself- being out and about working, Peeps.. then it's a good thing.

I know how much you love to cook and share your meal creations on the cooking forums- but think of it this way--
You'll cook when you can for your family.
Your daughter can do it otherwise.
You'll be contributing to the family pot via the income.

You'll cook and share what you have made on the weekends you have off... and we all love to see what you make for dinner, sweetie.
Thank you for the kind words Lollie. BUT I'm not sure I can survive her cooking for long! LOL J/K but she doesn't love cooking and I don't know how long I can deal with tacos, pasta and burgers before I will go batty! :w00t2:

lilbopeep
04-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Gotta try to sleep. Sweet dreams all.

pirate_girl
04-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Thank you for the kind words Lollie. BUT I'm not sure I can survive her cooking for long! LOL J/K but she doesn't love cooking and I don't know how long I can deal with tacos, pasta and burgers before I will go batty! :w00t2:
She'll pick up your kitchen skills over time.
Eat what she prepares and call it dinner.
Do what you have to do.
Seems to me a job is more important to you now anyway.

Sweet dreams.

JEV
04-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Just after 10 a.m and the Easter bread baking is completed. I made old fashion white bread, honey whole wheat, sourdough cinnamon no-knead, sandwich thins, Italian bread and cinnamon swirl that I made and froze earlier in the week. I have an extra stove/oven in the basement, so it cuts my baking time in half. Hope everyone is hungry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Breads/Easter2012Bread.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Breads/Easter2012Bread-1.jpg

luvs
04-07-2012, 11:25 AM
praying 1 of the jobs works for you, peepz~:flowers:

joe, that 2nd loaf of bread looks perfect.

i'll decide on dinner this afternoon when i go shopping. shall def at least cook/freeze the now-thawed cod from yesterday. checking the seafood dept...... blake is not going to be joining me for dinner after he called my snoozing self @ 3:30am giving me an ingredient list after 'letting it slip' how excellent the tacos i make to his roomie were. he informed me of the sharpnees of the cheese & that i'd be using chix. then he called again after 4. i let him have it. i budget my food money so i can have anything i want, not to cook for him & his drunken roomie. rant over now.

pirate_girl
04-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Tonight- pasta and garlic bread

luvs
04-07-2012, 03:47 PM
so glad i went grocery shopping. they have sof-shell crabs that they just flew in from the chesapeake bay. i picked two good, fat ones. mmmmm, cannot wait to fry those beauts tonite. uncertain how i'll serve them yet.

luvs
04-08-2012, 12:14 AM
dinner. i made the crab & fries, blake made a buffalo chix sammich. i have 1 of the crabs remaning in the fridge, cooked & waiting for a few slices of bread to make a sammich in the morning.

pirate_girl
04-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Chix alfredo, sans the garlic bread..
Was too busy cooking and being amused by those next door to bother with bread.
Ate a plate, wrapped the remains in cling film and in the fridge it went.
The weenie got her share too.
Then we napped for a while.

lilbopeep
04-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Easter Meat pie was breakfast

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/040812_meat_pie_P1090457.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/040812_meat_pie_slice_P1090459.jpg

Cheesecake (will be topped with cherries when served) will be dessert

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/040812_cheesecake_P1090465.jpg

luvs
04-08-2012, 10:56 AM
early dinner of ham, the usual sides. my Mom made her potato salad- that's my fave.

pirate_girl
04-08-2012, 11:46 AM
That meat pie is knock out, Peeps!
.. and your cheesecake, a work of art. :)

Already been to church, going to Easter dinner with family around 4.

lilbopeep
04-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Thank you Lollie.

Easter Dinner was roast turkey, stuffing, mashed jacket red potatoes (with butter, sour cream and fresh chives), microwave steamed fresh asparagus (with melted butter and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses), sautéed mushroom caps, jellied cranberry sauce and pan gravy.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/040812_easter_dinner_P1090468.jpg

luvs
04-08-2012, 07:02 PM
this:

then my bro & sil brought the baby over along w/ scrumptious strawberry torte. there was cake & a banana pudding parfait, tho i was too full & the cake was chocolate.

muleman
04-08-2012, 07:58 PM
That looks great. Had roast beef and mashed at my place tonight.

TiredRetired
04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Had our tradition Easter baked ham dinner. Mckenzie ham of course. :biggrin:

lilbopeep
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Beautiful table luvie!!

pirate_girl
04-08-2012, 09:23 PM
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Peeps and Aubs! Nice!

My niece prepared the best Easter dinner :)
Ham, that wonderful hash brown casserole-glazed carrots, green beans and a big tossed salad (she put it in a punch bowl) with honey Dijon dressing.
She made a fab white coconut cake in the shape of a bunny, and a peanut butter pie too.

Catavenger
04-08-2012, 09:28 PM
yummy TV dinner - fish the good stuff not a cheapo

pirate_girl
04-08-2012, 09:32 PM
yummy TV dinner - fish the good stuff not a cheapo
Was it Stouffer's? :biggrin:
I like their fish with mac and cheese.

lilbopeep
04-08-2012, 09:46 PM
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Peeps and Aubs! Nice!

My niece prepared the best Easter dinner :)
Ham, that wonderful hash brown casserole-glazed carrots, green beans and a big tossed salad (she put it in a punch bowl) with honey Dijon dressing.
She made a fab white coconut cake in the shape of a bunny, and a peanut butter pie too.
Thank you Lollie.

Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner.

luvs
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
thanx, yinz guys.

lollie, can u send me a piece of the wabbit cake, please. i have a weakness for coconut cake.

i think dinner tonite is gonna be rushed extra crab & the macaroni & cheese i tried to teach my stepsista to make to minimal avail- she wouldn't take much in the way of suggestion (i'll doctor it.) no time to cook- i'm babysitting raynin for the next 2 days.

pirate_girl
04-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Going to the store later to look at the salmon and see what their steaks look like.
Haven't made either in a while.
So that, and a baked tater n salad.

pirate_girl
04-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Holy crap, the price of a good steak is insane, so was the salmon.
So......... trippy to the chicken joint for the 5 dollah special! lol

Jumbo wings (6)- mashed and gravy (wish they had chicken gravy grrrrrr) and a biscuit.

luvs
04-10-2012, 02:03 PM
it looks good, anyhow~

so raynin let me eat extra Easter macaroni & cheese & some peas & a glass of milk & only tried to take it 5 or 6 times. loaded the macaroni w/ x-tra cheddar & cream, ummmm. if i have room for dinner, that's a half of a half the half of the steak my bro made yesterday that i have yet & a glazed krispy kreme.

Ironman
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I thought I would try something different tonight... Johnsonville brats on my brand spankin new Weber Genesis S-310 stainless steel natural gas grill! :mrgreen:

My dog decided he hates having his picture taken I guess. :rolleyes:

http://i40.tinypic.com/35214ef.jpg

luvs
04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
my brother made one of those bertelli (sp) frozen meals& offered to split a steak & smashed potatoes for me though i declined. my meal was pasta, tomatoes, & shrimp. it was okay.

pirate_girl
04-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Lo Mein take out today from Jing Fong.

Nice Weber, Ironman!
I think the dog was more saying, c'mon Dad, get them done and share with me. :)
Cute doggie, awesome grill!

luvs
04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
just another batch of Easter macaroni & cheese that i added scads of peas to. was gonna make pierogies, 'cept remembered bro/sil used the last of the real butter on scampi & i'm def not one that ingests margarine. me & raynin shared a glazed krispy kreme & i drank a glass of cow squeezins.

TiredRetired
04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Spaghetti and meatballs with Italian sausage, garlic bread and tossed salad. :w00t2:

muleman
04-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Tonight's dinner is still in the fridge. Snow and sleet were too much to put the new burner in the grill so the pork chops will wait till tomorrow. Nuked some pizza leftovers and may have a piece of cake in a little bit.

pirate_girl
04-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Subway foot long and coffee.

pirate_girl
04-12-2012, 07:40 PM
I made 4 calzones-('shroom,pepper, onion and mozz) .. one for my dinz this eve, one for tomorrow, 2 for the neighbours. :D
A salad of icebeg, cherry tomatoes, diced bell pepper, craisins- sour dough toast croutons and bleu cheese dressing.

Gretch got some calzone, as this is her 9th birthday, she got a nice romp in the park too and now time for a short cuddle nap with Mommy.:biggrin:

luvs
04-13-2012, 03:28 AM
i took this feta i found in the fridge packed in herbs/oil/chile flakes,s/p & put that over angelhair.

TiredRetired
04-13-2012, 05:55 PM
The ultimate in comfort food. Home made Mac & Cheese made with Vermont's own Cabot's Extra Sharp Cheddar and McKenzie natural casing all beef franks. It gets no better than this, blokes. :smile:

muleman
04-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Baked sweet potatoes topped with maple sugar and grilled smoked pork chops. White rice as a side. New grill burner rocks!

luvs
04-13-2012, 08:32 PM
that sounds delicious, tired retired.
looks good, there, muley.

i made angelhair, sun-dried tomato, plain artichoke hrts., feta/herbs/oil like yesterday, a few kalamatas, garlic, green olive stuffed w/ provolone, seasalt & pepper.

TiredRetired
04-13-2012, 08:39 PM
that sounds delicious, tired retired.
looks good, there, muley.
i made angelhair, sun-dried tomato, plain artichoke hrts., feta/herbs/oil like yesterday, a few kalamatas, garlic, green olive stuffed w/ provolone, seasalt & pepper.

Thanx Luvs! You've had some pretty fantastic meals yourself. You look to be a good cook. Hope you are feeling better. :biggrin:

Baked sweet potatoes topped with maple sugar and grilled smoked pork chops. White rice as a side. New grill burner rocks!

That better be Vermont Maple Sugar there Muley. Nice looking chow. :biggrin:

muleman
04-13-2012, 08:42 PM
That is Potter county Pa. maple sugar. Which reminds me it is time to go get some maple fudge!:clap::clap:

BigAl
04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Bar-B-Que "Elk" Rib eye Steaks ,sauted with mushrooms and served with a Bleu Cheese sauce . High Meadow Green salad . Free ranging "loaded" baked Potatoes with a cup of Old #7 fire chili on the side .
Samual Smiths "Oatmeal Stout" to Drink

Dessert will be French Apple pie with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream .

A Cognac at bedtime !
Let the games begin !!!!:brows::brows:

TiredRetired
04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
That is Potter county Pa. maple sugar.

I am so sorry to hear that. :yum: Enjoy your fudge. :smile:

pirate_girl
04-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Brown bag Calzone heated in the OT room microwave, then some fudge from one of my patients.. she said it came from someplace in Tennessee that's supposed to be the best place ever.
It was good fudge. Had 3 pieces. lol

Melensdad
04-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Just started sautéing the thinly sliced onions and red peppers for some bratwurst that will make tonights dinner. There is a little tip of skin from the end of my left thumb and some blood in there too.

muleman
04-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Heck that finger tip wont be much different from a piece of onion once it's sauteed.:whistling:

JEV
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Daughter and granddaughter came over for the afternoon, so I'm taking them to the Chinese joint for dinner. After working on the taxes most of the day, I don't feel like cooking.

OhioTC18
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Went to my sisters house for a traditional Greek Easter celebration today. Unfortunately I did not get pics as I didn't feel comfortable snapping pics of food at someone else's house. But I really enjoyed it, We had roast lamb, spanikopita, koulourakia, Easter bread, dolmathes, salad, etc.

Melensdad
04-14-2012, 09:58 PM
We had roast lamb, spanikopita, koulourakia, Easter bread, dolmathes, salad, etc.

We are having roast lamb tomorrow with all the fixings. Somewhere I heard a statistic that the average American eats 1 pound of lamb per year. . . in our house we are way above average when it comes to lamb consumption. We have it, on average 2 or 3 times a month.

pirate_girl
04-14-2012, 11:51 PM
I like Greek food, and have a friend Penny and her brothers Nick and John Pimpas, and sis Paula who are running their late Mother's restaurant here in town.

Kosta's
They have a lot of lamb items on the menu.
I've only prepared lamb a couple of times and those were chops, pan seared.

Oh, I had a Big Mac and a chocolate shake for dinner.
Unhealthy as hell, but it was good.

luvs
04-15-2012, 02:51 AM
We are having roast lamb tomorrow with all the fixings. Somewhere I heard a statistic that the average American eats 1 pound of lamb per year. . . in our house we are way above average when it comes to lamb consumption. We have it, on average 2 or 3 times a month.

i get lamb lollipops @ least 2-4 times in a month. so delicious!

blake made buffalo chix sammiches- these ones were 'lil hoagies this time, & i cut/seasoned some fries, made me some really buttery carrots, & then there's my dessert for later if there's room for it. 1 or 2 of them.

no pix. my e-mail won't let me access my accounts.

luvs
04-15-2012, 11:03 PM
pork/veggie skewers basted w/ an a-1, worcestershire & garlic & sage sauce & the same sauce put aside pre-cooking as a dipping sauce. managed 4 of 'em. was hungry!
grapefruit for dessert.
no pix. my e-mail account was re-set & won't be normal for hours, 24 @ most.

pirate_girl
04-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Baked lemon chicken breast, new potatoes, asparagus.
That was at work.. sometimes they serve great meals.

muleman
04-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Tonight's dinner will be some sort of pasta with the fresh batch of sauce simmering in the big 20 quart Oster slow cooker. Since i had to swap freezers it was time to use up a bunch of last years tomatoes and make a fresh batch.

pirate_girl
04-16-2012, 02:31 PM
It's almost 2:30 and I still have no real plan for dinner.
After having a piggish breakfast this morning with friends and 3 monster sized cups of coffee, been zipping around like a maniac all day lol

muleman
04-16-2012, 02:40 PM
3 cups? You won't be able to nap this evening.:w00t2:

luvs
04-16-2012, 11:57 PM
pork, (only managed half of that) w/ fork-smushed yukons, gravy, & limas. blake made himself beef/veggie skewers. they were good.

luvs
04-17-2012, 12:01 AM
pork/veggie skewers basted w/ an a-1, worcestershire & garlic & sage sauce & the same sauce put aside pre-cooking as a dipping sauce. managed 4 of 'em. was hungry!
grapefruit for dessert.
no pix. my e-mail account was re-set & won't be normal for hours, 24 @ most.
belated pix: shhhh- the cookie was before dinner. i froze 'em. yum & 'at.

pirate_girl
04-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Ohh Aubrey!!
That pork with the limas looks great!
I never did make an actual dinner.. just picked around on popcorn and fruit.

luvs
04-17-2012, 12:23 AM
thanx, lollie~ sure stuffed me!

hope ur brekkie was good. :smile: i'm the same way if i dine early. pick @ food the rest of the day as an entire meal is just toooo much.

empty little borderline
04-17-2012, 07:47 AM
think i'm going to have chicken curry with narn bread

mmm

luvs
04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
bbq pulled beef sammiches. sides unknown.
sweet baby ray's as the sauce as i'm too lazy to cook my own tonite.:whistling:

pirate_girl
04-17-2012, 01:07 PM
At first I was planning grilled cheese and tomato soup, then it was hmmmmm maybe I'll go to the store and find a good cut of steak that won't have a freaking outrageous price (ha!).. right now your pulled beef sounds good, course I prefer pork, so maybe that.. and sweet potato fries and salad.
Quite frankly, I don't feel like cooking a damned thing today :yum:

TiredRetired
04-17-2012, 01:23 PM

We love Sweet Baby Ray's sauce!! Had it last night on boneless spare ribs done on the Weber. Fantastic. Cole Slaw is a great side with BBQ pork IMHO. :biggrin: As you can tell from my avatar, I love to eat!!

muleman
04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Have 2 ribeyes thawing for the grill with maybe some homemade mac and cheese.

lilbopeep
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM
When I got home from work DD made me a nice juicy cheeseburger last night with pickle, ketchup and raw onion. I made a small salad with just EVOO, vinegar and spices for a side.

Tonight shes making cheese raviolis and I will probably make another little side salad to go with.

Enjoy the day/night everyone. I am off to work soon.

pirate_girl
04-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Enjoy your day at work, Peeps (sounds good too)!

lilbopeep
04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Enjoy your day at work, Peeps (sounds good too)!
Thank you Lollie. I get talked to rudely and hung up on for a living! LOL WELL so long as I get get PAID for it thats OK! LOL :whistling:

luvs
04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
lollie, i have 4 or 5 strip steaks in the freezer. i'll send u the 2 i got last week on dry ice.:w00t2: i prefer pork, too, def, though blake is afraid of it after 'it made him ill'. i told him scads of people take thiers medium-rare, how the guidelines were changed, & how they're okay after ingesting it. he won't budge. that is a yummy dinner, btw!

tiredretired, i love sweet baby ray's. i was thinking slaw, too- i'd put it on my sammich w/ some fries (i'm a pittsburgher, so i'm used to primanti sammiches:biggrin:.) luv ur avatar.

pirate_girl
04-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Thank you Lollie. I get talked to rudely and hung up on for a living! LOL WELL so long as I get get PAID for it thats OK! LOL :whistling:
So do I....sometimes!
Of course the 'talked to rudely' comes from my loveys who know not what they're saying half the time. :smile:

TiredRetired
04-17-2012, 02:11 PM
My mum, God bless her soul, used to nuke pork until it was shoe leather. She always claimed you would die if it wasn't cooked to an inch of it's life. I love pork medium rare as well. The only way to eat it, IMHO. :biggrin:

pirate_girl
04-17-2012, 02:15 PM
lollie, i have 4 or 5 strip steaks in the freezer. i'll send u the 2 i got last week on dry ice.:w00t2: i prefer pork, too, def, though blake is afraid of it after 'it made him ill'. i told him scads of people take thiers medium-rare, how the guidelines were changed, & how they're okay after ingesting it. he won't budge. that is a yummy dinner, btw!

tiredretired, i love sweet baby ray's. i was thinking slaw, too- i'd put it on my sammich w/ some fries (i'm a pittsburgher, so i'm used to primanti sammiches:biggrin:.) luv ur avatar.

It'll either be pulled pork or beef brisket from my buddy Brian at the Hickory Pit.. he has a bbq sauce they make and won't share the recipe for it! :hammer:
The sweet tater fries and salad will be my own.
Thanks for the offer to ship the strips tho! :brows: LOL

luvs
04-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Have 2 ribeyes thawing for the grill with maybe some homemade mac and cheese.

i think u should share that macaroni, muley.
here is my addy:
aubreylee luvs
123 luvs is hungry lane
pittsburgh, pa 12345

fer real, hope dinner is good.

peeperz, both dinners sound lovely. u make me wanna be kinder to telemarketers.:neutral:

luvs
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
dinner pic!~ (along w/ my 2nd luv, a glass of whole milk not in pic)

muleman
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
here is my addy:
aubreylee luvs
123 luvs is hungry lane
pittsburgh, pa 12345

peeperz, both dinners sound lovely. u make me wanna be kinder to telemarketers.:neutral:
Well with a new burner in the grill the steaks were fabulous! The mac and cheese were good and made with a mix of 2% milk and velveeta and cheddar and parmesan. Got enough mac and cheese left for lunch with whatever tomorrow.:clap:

pirate_girl
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
yum yum Aubrey!

Here's what I had.. thank you Bryan (spell check!) for your delicious Pit BBQ (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hickory-Pit-BBQ/179605855428069?sk=info)
:brows:.. and for making me my special sandwich even though you won't give me the sauce recipe..

lilbopeep
04-17-2012, 11:47 PM
So do I....sometimes!
Of course the 'talked to rudely' comes from my loveys who know not what they're saying half the time. :smile:
Some of the people I talk sound like they have no clue either. LOL Oh well it brings money home and I have dealt with worse.
here is my addy:
aubreylee luvs
123 luvs is hungry lane
pittsburgh, pa 12345

Thank you luvs. I am actually NOT a telemarketer. I am a proxy solicitor/customer service for mutual funds.

I also think muley should share. Send enough to luvs for 2 please. :whistling: LOL

pirate_girl
04-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Some of the people I talk sound like they have no clue either. LOL Oh well it brings money home and I have dealt with worse.

Mmmhmmm, I know..:shifty::biggrin:

lilbopeep
04-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Everyones meals look and sound wonderful!!

My raviolis were yummy. DD cooked them for me when I came home. Which is so much better than reheated. I also put together a quick salad.

lilbopeep
04-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Mmmhmmm, I know..:shifty::biggrin:
TeeHee. :whistling:

luvs
04-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Thank you luvs. I am actually NOT a telemarketer. I am a proxy solicitor/customer service for mutual funds.

I also think muley should share. Send enough to luvs for 2 please. :whistling: LOL

my oops, peepz! now i can continue to swear @ the telemarketers that ring me @ 8:30 in the morning.:whistling:

i think we should wait 'til muley zonks & take that macaroni & cheese! he-he.

muleman
04-18-2012, 02:47 AM
my oops, peepz! now i can continue to swear @ the telemarketers that ring me @ 8:30 in the morning.:whistling:

Mule don't zonk that soundly! Looking in the fridge just now it almost got nuked for a snack!:clap::clap:

lilbopeep
04-18-2012, 08:28 AM

:yum::yum::hammer:

empty little borderline
04-18-2012, 09:12 AM
i'm having chicken pie..

TiredRetired
04-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Chinese takeout. Lots of MSG. :biggrin:

muleman
04-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Going to be nuke box leftover spaghetti with home made sauce. Might make a quick salad with some hard boiled eggs as a side. The hens have been busy and are gaining on our egg usage.:whistling:

luvs
04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Mule don't zonk that soundly! Looking in the fridge just now it almost got nuked for a snack!:clap::clap:

well, wear earplugs, dammit!:biggrin:

lilbopeep
04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
well, wear earplugs, dammit!:biggrin:
:yum::yum:

lilbopeep
04-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Repeat of last night - raviolis and salad.

luvs
04-18-2012, 05:01 PM
hehe, peepz.
since my oven is being fixed & it was either range, crockpot, or fondue, we just picked pasta of some sort & meatballs. i really would like loaded fries, 'cept i scrubbed this place till it shone prepping for the landlord & i'm not scrubbing grease-spatter from the range, the wall, the main fridge, or the flooring that, that thoroughly.:glare:

luvs
04-19-2012, 08:23 AM
'sketti rigati & meatballs.

muleman
04-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Going to have those mac and cheese for lunch today.:whistling: Still thinking about supper as I know i am going to be worn out from garden work.

luvs
04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
that mule is now taunting us w/ his macaroni, peepz. time to slip into high gear. meet me halfway; u bring the pantyhose masks, i'll bring the plates & forks. meet u soon! i'd say call in w/ a stomach ail (hunger counts, huh~~) if ur working.:whistling::yum:we're getting a serving ea. macaroni & cheese!
we'll leave u a plate of a good dessert, mule!

muleman
04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
that mule is now taunting us w/ his macaroni, peepz. time to slip into high gear. meet me halfway; u bring the pantyhose masks, i'll bring the plates & forks. meet u soon! i'd say call in w/ a stomach ail (hunger counts, huh~~) if ur working.:whistling::yum:we're getting a serving ea. macaroni & cheese!
You girls are late again! Already ate them with 2 little smoked chops for my lunch. Wife is off with the old neighbor doing some errands and left me alone to fend for myself!:whistling::yum::yum:

luvs
04-19-2012, 01:31 PM
i'll remember this macaroni infraction when u show @ 1 of my high-end pgh restaurants. i'll have my servers inform u that we only have artificial oil-based cheese-like singles & stale bread on the menu & a banquet fishstick meal that expired in 2002, he-he- while they take gorgeous meals to other customers.:yum:

empty little borderline
04-19-2012, 01:49 PM
for me it was chicken burgers.

mmm

muleman
04-19-2012, 03:25 PM
i'll remember this macaroni infraction when u show @ 1 of my high-end pgh restaurants. i'll have my servers inform u that we only have artificial oil-based cheese-like singles & stale bread on the menu & a banquet fishstick meal that expired in 2002, he-he- while they take gorgeous meals to other customers.:yum:
Your threats ring hollow! Oh, wait that is your belly ringing cause the mac & cheese is all gone.:yum::yum::yum: I ate a fair amount waiting on the chops to broil so you could have had some.:whistling:

luvs
04-19-2012, 04:06 PM
my threats bear nary a hollow edge!:yum:
fer real, blake is re-warming last nite's meatballs that for me went by the wayside since we went to the bar. he's making hoagies.

lilbopeep
04-19-2012, 05:11 PM

:clap::clap::whistling:

I did call in sick. Last night I started feeling lousy and the boss told me I should go home. He even had someone walk me to my car cause I was feeling light headed.

I did call out today. I have a fever amoung several other cold issues.

luvs
04-19-2012, 05:19 PM
:yum:peepz.

dinner (man, would cheese have made that sammich better than it already was.)

muleman
04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
You could skin that black cat and make Chinese stir fry.:w00t2::yum::yum:

luvs
04-19-2012, 10:07 PM
get well soon, peepz! lite-headed, ugh. not good.

i'm not stir-frying my (2-toned) kitty, mule!:blink: gasp!

pirate_girl
04-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Hot and sour udon noodle soup with bok choy, and crab rangoon.

empty little borderline
04-20-2012, 04:39 AM
takeout.

we always have takeout on friday

probably going to have dominos pizza

luvs
04-20-2012, 08:07 PM
put a few stouffer's macaroni & cheeses in the oven for us, doctored my own w/ frank's, worchestershire, & mustard & for me, made a 'lil pot of broccoli.

muleman
04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Store bought mac&cheese?:hammer::hammer: You should have had some of mine.:whistling::whistling:

luvs
04-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Store bought mac&cheese?:hammer::hammer: You should have had some of mine.:whistling::whistling:

you're pushing it, buster.:yum::hammer:first not sharing ur macaroni w/ me & peepz, then being a lite snoozer, thus thwarting my rock-solid way to steal the leftovers, then trying to get me to stir-fry my kitty, poor babbit .......:yum:

Catavenger
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I am making my concoction of chorizo that I add groundround to (so it's not so spicey;) then I I can makeit into burritoes.

pirate_girl
04-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Another trip to Jing Fong, this time egg drop soup and their spare ribs in that gorgeous garlicky, 5 spice sauce.

lilbopeep
04-20-2012, 11:56 PM
you're pushing it, buster.:yum::hammer:first not sharing ur macaroni w/ me & peepz, then being a lite snoozer, thus thwarting my rock-solid way to steal the leftovers, then trying to get me to stir-fry my kitty, poor babbit .......:yum:
Let's get him!!

lilbopeep
04-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Another trip to Jing Fong, this time egg drop soup and their spare ribs in that gorgeous garlicky, 5 spice sauce.
UR KILLIN ME!! LOL I have been craving chinese esp RIBS! YUMMY!

luvs
04-21-2012, 12:25 AM
i concur w/ peepz; lollie, those would be fabulous right 'bout now.

peepz, yes, let's get him.:hammer:

oh, yeah..... i also seared a beef roast earlier & crockpotted it 4 french dips in a few days.

pirate_girl
04-21-2012, 12:32 AM
UR KILLIN ME!! LOL I have been craving chinese esp RIBS! YUMMY!
That rib sauce they use?
Welllllll, I could and have drank, drunk, drinked? the remains right out of the take out container.. it's also nice to pour over yer leftover plain white rice.
Just a tip for y'all..:yum:

ramont
04-21-2012, 07:39 AM
We will be making Chili Burritos for dinner. Some people say it's too hard for dinner but I love them!!!

muleman
04-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Let's get him!!
You girls have to get up earlier! Going to have maple sausage with my eggs this morning. Might go get some real(expensive) sharp cheese from the local cheese plant. It is soooo good and almost a waste to put in other food. I always get the 7 year old stuff!:whistling::clap::clap:

lilbopeep
04-21-2012, 10:43 AM
You girls have to get up earlier! Going to have maple sausage with my eggs this morning. Might go get some real(expensive) sharp cheese from the local cheese plant. It is soooo good and almost a waste to put in other food. I always get the 7 year old stuff!:whistling::clap::clap:
Is that what you put in ur mac N cheez?

lilbopeep
04-21-2012, 10:43 AM
i concur w/ peepz; lollie, those would be fabulous right 'bout now.

peepz, yes, let's get him.:hammer:

oh, yeah..... i also seared a beef roast earlier & crockpotted it 4 french dips in a few days.
We gotta hold his cheese hostage!! :whistling::yum:

muleman
04-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Is that what you put in ur mac N cheez?
Nope! I used Cabot seriously sharp and velveeta and some shredded cheddar. Might make a baked casserole with it for tomorrow. :biggrin:

pirate_girl
04-21-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm going to make the roast beef pita sannies that ramont posted- or based on at least.
Hopefully, my store has alfalfa sprouts- and some decent roast beef.

luvs
04-21-2012, 01:34 PM
We gotta hold his cheese hostage!! :whistling::yum:

we must, peepz. there's no other way.:whistling:

i'm serving the french dips tonite w/ loaded fries. i'm going grocery shopping:w00t2: this afternoon, so this could easily change.

ramont
04-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm going to make the roast beef pita sannies that ramont posted- or based on at least.
Hopefully, my store has alfalfa sprouts- and some decent roast beef.

Glad to know it will be useful for you!!! :thumb:

TiredRetired
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Nope! I used Cabot seriously sharp and velveeta and some shredded cheddar. Might make a baked casserole with it for tomorrow. :biggrin:

Amen bro!! That is what I use on my Mac & Cheese and it makes the best ever!! I declare you an Honorary Vermont Cabot Cheese Head! :clap:
BTW, I live 12 miles from the main Cabot Cheese Plant located in Cabot, VT. Grew up on the stuff. All their products are exceptional.

lilbopeep
04-21-2012, 02:46 PM
I also love Vermont Cabot Cheese. I like the really sharp variety the best..

lilbopeep
04-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Tonight will be pork chops (boneless and probably breaded), caeser salad (from a kit my DD wanted to try it) and not sure what the starch will be.

TiredRetired
04-21-2012, 02:58 PM
I also love Vermont Cabot Cheese. I like the really sharp variety the best..

Yes. The Seriously Sharp Hunters is the best IMHO. Great cheese.

muleman
04-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Amen bro!! That is what I use on my Mac & Cheese and it makes the best ever!! I declare you an Honorary Vermont Cabot Cheese Head! :clap:
BTW, I live 12 miles from the main Cabot Cheese Plant located in Cabot, VT. Grew up on the stuff. All their products are exceptional.
The wife's family is from N. Adams,Mass. Been up there many times. Pretty country and most folks are friendly. Did you know that over 80% of the maple syrup harvested in northern Pa. gets shipped to Vermont? Seems they don't get enough from up there but they have the customers for it.

muleman
04-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Just got back from a run to the reservation at Cuba,NY. They have a great cheese company there as well. Got 3 different varieties and will still get some from the local place 6 miles from here. They are a small outfit but their cheese is great. They sell right from the plant as well as at a lot of the wine country places around here. Their 7 year extra sharp is my favorite.

luvs
04-21-2012, 06:34 PM

that used to be a fam fave in snack trays. it went into all my baked macaroni & cheeses. i'd use it now in 1. ummmm.

lilbopeep
04-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Breaded boneless pork loin chop, microwave steamed and buttered fresh spinach, Caeser salad (Dole brand salad kit with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and anchovies added)

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/042112_pork_chop_spinach_caeser_P1090474.jpg

Root beer float (Trader Joe’s coffee ice cream) for dessert

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/042112_root_beer_float_P1090476.jpg

muleman
04-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Looks great Peeps! I have not had a root beer float in ages.:clap::clap:

lilbopeep
04-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Looks great Peeps! I have not had a root beer float in ages.:clap::clap:
Thank you. Mac and cheese was supposed to be my starch BUT someone wouldn't share or go to sleep!! :whistling: :yum:

pirate_girl
04-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Dayum this is a gooooooooood sandwich!
But, of COURSE.. the store didn't have alfalfa sprouts and I wasn't about to make a 40 min round trip out of town for some, so shredded lettuce it was.
Next time I think I'll add a little onion to the yogurt mix,even though it's perfect as is!

Little golden snacking tomatoes and a couple of slices of Cabot Horseradish cheese on the side. :D

lilbopeep
04-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Dayum this is a gooooooooood sandwich!
But, of COURSE.. the store didn't have alfalfa sprouts and I wasn't about to make a 40 min round trip out of town for some, so shredded lettuce it was.
Next time I think I'll add a little onion to the yogurt mix,even though it's perfect as is!

Little golden snacking tomatoes and a couple of slices of Cabot Horseradish cheese on the side. :D

What's in there Lollie? It looks great.

pirate_girl
04-21-2012, 08:06 PM
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?p=535501#post535501

muleman
04-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Man that horseradish cheese is great. Have not had that since hunting season.

pirate_girl
04-21-2012, 08:17 PM
I really like it, Bill!
Good stuff :)
Gretch likes it too LOL

muleman
04-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Our pom is the cheese hound. One of the 3 had gas for the ride today. Sure glad I have vent shades so I could keep the windows open. Doggie farts from sharing my eggs this morning.:yum:

JEV
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Breaded pork shoulder steak with home fries and salad. We love these juicy, flavor filled steaks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Dinner%20Pics/Dinner042112.jpg

lilbopeep
04-22-2012, 11:57 AM
A corned beef is simmering. Will be served with potatoes (maybe mashed). steamed carrot coins and cabbage.

pirate_girl
04-22-2012, 12:01 PM
It's going to be fish and rice here.

muleman
04-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Lunch comes before dinner.:clap: Since I made lunch it was super BLT's. 2 slices of bacon,2slices tomato, 1 of swiss cheese and 1 of smoked ham. They were good and filling.:whistling:

pirate_girl
04-22-2012, 01:00 PM
:ohmy:.. is that homemade bread? :yum:

JEV
04-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Doing pulled pork sammies on Cuban bread, with sweet coleslaw and home fries. Got this so far...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Pulled%20Pork/PulledPork042212.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Breads/Bread042212.jpg

muleman
04-22-2012, 01:08 PM
:ohmy:.. is that homemade bread? :yum:
Local bakery. It is supposed to be used for the french toast that I have not had for a while. Can't wait till the garden is going for fresh produce. And that was store bought bacon.:hammer:

empty little borderline
04-22-2012, 04:50 PM
roast chicken with roast potatoes..

JEV
04-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Sides to go with the pork sammies...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/HomeFriedPotatoes.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/GrandmasColeslaw.jpg

muleman
04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Looks real good Joe. I would not want to be down wind tomorrow!:whistling::yum::yum:

luvs
04-22-2012, 07:53 PM
joe, that looks delicious. yum.

blake's thawing burger. re-warming loaded fries. i'll have some if i get hungry.

Ironman
04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
It's not snowing here so I fired up the grill. :mrgreen:

Bacon cheeseburger and baked potato.

Catavenger
04-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I already ate made some primo chili with beans. Used a mix of ground round with pork chorizo for the meat. Used two kinds of beans and onions and salsa.

pirate_girl
04-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Ended up going to Ruby Tuesday with number one son and his gal.
I got the avocado turkey burger, with onion rings and a salad.
They got the baby back ribs with garlic cheese biscuits, fries and salad.

The walleye fillets are back in the fridge waiting to be prepared for tomorrow's dinner.

TiredRetired
04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Tonight will be Kibbeh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbeh), with flat bread and salad. A middle eastern delicacy. :biggrin: I have supplied a link for the uninitiated.

muleman
04-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Got smoked ham hocks and green beans and potatoes in the crockpot. Starting to smell pretty good.

pirate_girl
04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Fresh green beans, potatoes and sliced onion cooked in chicken broth with a little butter added, then some ham ... mmmm.. one of the things my Grandma used to make!

luvs
04-23-2012, 03:42 PM
a burger w/ a runny fried egg & bacon & re-warmed loaded fries. (haven't got cheese suited to a burger or i'd put cheese on there, too.)

or a breaded chix sammich w/ lettuce & mayo.

luvs
04-23-2012, 05:19 PM
a burger w/ a runny fried egg & bacon & re-warmed loaded fries. (haven't got cheese suited to a burger or i'd put cheese on there, too.)

or a breaded chix sammich w/ lettuce & mayo.
i'm stuffed, 'cept man was that good! went w/ the chix sammich & the fries, cherub tomatoes & ranch spiked w/ frank's, & blake made his a buffalo chix sammich.

pirate_girl
04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Nice Aubrey!

Here's my fishy on a dishy..
I love walleye!

lilbopeep
04-24-2012, 12:05 AM
i'm stuffed, 'cept man was that good! went w/ the chix sammich & the fries, cherub tomatoes & ranch spiked w/ frank's, & blake made his a buffalo chix sammich.

Nice Aubrey!

Here's my fishy on a dishy..
I love walleye!
:wow::clap:BEAUTIFUL Luvs and Lollie.

luvs
04-24-2012, 12:28 AM
thanx, lollie & peepz!
the fishy on a dishy is lovely & peas rock, lollie.

was there no dinner tonite, peepz~ sure hope ur well by now.

pirate_girl
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Thanks Peeps and Aubs..
Got two pieces of fish left for a sandwich tomorrow, with lettuce and tartar sauce on a sweet hawaiian roll.

lilbopeep
04-24-2012, 12:35 AM
thanx, lollie & peepz!
the fishy on a dishy is lovely & peas rock, lollie.

was there no dinner tonite, peepz~ sure hope ur well by now.
Chicken ala king, jasmine rice and green beans.

pirate_girl
04-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Chicken ala king, jasmine rice and green beans.
Did you work today hun?

luvs
04-24-2012, 12:46 AM
well, that's better. chix ala king..... yum. i should make that thursday over toast. thanx 4 the thought~

lilbopeep
04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Did you work today hun?
Yes I did work.

luvs
04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
we're making a batch of soup, beginning w/ jus from the french dips i made as its broth, veggies, potatoes or wide egg noodles, & i dunno the meat yet.

lilbopeep
04-24-2012, 12:11 PM
It is cool today so I just put on a large pot of homemade minestrone soup. Family can have it for dinner and I will have some when I get home from work.

TiredRetired
04-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Roast Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Applesauce and a vegetable.

JEV
04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
I made a pot of chili. Used up some red, orange & green peppers. I sauteed the onions & garlic in bacon fat, and went light on the crushed red pepper and chili powder. I was out of kidney beans, so I used a can of black beans. I couldn't tell any difference in the taste. Got enough leftover for two more meals for us. Oh, Cuban bread with butter to push it around in the bowl.

luvs
04-24-2012, 06:35 PM
we're making a batch of soup, beginning w/ jus from the french dips i made as its broth, veggies, potatoes or wide egg noodles, & i dunno the meat yet.

sounds good, guys. i'll be making a cheeseburger or grilled cheese w/ brillat savarin later. why use so yummy a cheese on 1 of those~ it's my kitchen & i said so.:wink: & soups only keep me full for a few hours. here it was:

muleman
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Ham hock with green beans and taters leftovers. It is always better the second day when the taters soak up that broth.:clap:

pirate_girl
04-25-2012, 12:14 AM
It is cool today so I just put on a large pot of homemade minestrone soup. Family can have it for dinner and I will have some when I get home from work.
Hope you enjoyed your soup, Peeps.
I went to Jing Fong (again) and got sweet and sour pork n white rice.
It was okay.

lilbopeep
04-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Hope you enjoyed your soup, Peeps.
I went to Jing Fong (again) and got sweet and sour pork n white rice.
It was okay.
The soup was good. The family put a nice dent in it by the time I got home.

I have been wanting chinese for so long!! And Popeye's chicken wings LOL

pirate_girl
04-25-2012, 12:18 AM
I love those wide noodles Aubs.
Looks good!

luvs
04-25-2012, 12:27 AM
thanx, lollie. like those noodles, too. the jing fong pork-yummmmm. they need to open a place here~

i can't wait 4 my cheeseburger. can't have food until after i take my snoozin' pill. i'm taking it early tonite. i'm so hungry & we just watched a show on a guy 'addicted':glare:to cheeseburgers. yinz should see me pack in the food @ nite these days.:yum:

luvs
04-25-2012, 02:36 AM
thanx, lollie. like those noodles, too. the jing fong pork-yummmmm. they need to open a place here~

i can't wait 4 my cheeseburger. can't have food until after i take my snoozin' pill. i'm taking it early tonite. i'm so hungry & we just watched a show on a guy 'addicted':glare:to cheeseburgers. yinz should see me pack in the food @ nite these days.:yum:

that was my cheeseburger. before the sweet/salty granola, the soy yogurt, & the dietz & watson london broil. i was poised for the grapefruit when i got full.:whistling:

luvs
04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
chix milanese w/ extra lemony sauce for dipping; fork-smushed garlic yukons w/ butter & cream; & broccoli florets. no broccoli 4 blake.

muleman
04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Looks good. Is that a snack or are you eating light? I am having chicken salad sammies and soup.

luvs
04-25-2012, 07:53 PM
thanx, mule. that was a meal.:wink: i'll be having another later.

yum, chix salad is good stuff.

pirate_girl
04-26-2012, 12:42 AM
I didn't go out for Chinese. lol
Nahh, I had what they made at work for dinner this evening.
They call it shipwreck casserole, but it always changes.
It's just stuff thrown together.
Today it was ground beef and green beans in cream gravy over mash.
Monica from the kitchen saved me a plate.
Had that and a diet Dr. Pepper.

lilbopeep
04-26-2012, 12:52 AM
I had a chicken cup O noodles and a green salad with tuna on it and a bit of EVOO, RW vinegar and spices for dinner.

TiredRetired
04-26-2012, 04:25 PM
All homemade from Tired's kitchen. Turkey Noodle soup with artisan bread and Peach Cobbler for dessert with Vanilla Ice Cream. The bread and Cobbler will be served warm of course. Oh, yummy!! :biggrin:

luvs
04-26-2012, 09:35 PM
a quick batch of angelhair here-

pirate_girl
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Beef patty melt with pancake batter onion rings.

JEV
04-26-2012, 10:02 PM
DW brought home Chick-Fillet chicken tenders, potato salad and fruit salad... leftovers from yesterday's Secretary's Day luncheon at her work, and it was damn good after an 11 hour work day. Best part was that nobody had to cook tonight.:clap:

luvs
04-26-2012, 10:14 PM
any onion rings left, lollie~

pirate_girl
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Nope, just used a large sweet and made enough for me lol

luvs
04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
oh, welllll. j/k.:smile:

pirate_girl
04-26-2012, 11:50 PM
.. and I got some lovely heartburn, just took a couple of tums.

lilbopeep
04-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Everything looks and sounds WONDEFUL!!

I had a green tossed salad with tuna and tomato topping and a side of 1/2 a roasted chicken breast.

Now I want onion rings :w00t2:

pirate_girl
04-27-2012, 12:23 AM
They're very easy to make that way Peeps.
Just make sure the batter is chilled and has set for a while in the fridge.
I use my fingers to dip them in the batter, then only drop a few in the oil at a time, not allowing them to touch.
If I were to have made a large batch, half of them would have been burned.

muleman
04-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Ham and swiss english muffins make a great breakfast!:clap: And a banana for my fruit!

JEV
04-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Ham and swiss english muffins make a great breakfast!:clap: And a banana for my fruit!Who's your fruit?:doh:

muleman
04-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Who's your fruit?:doh:
I try to eat a balance of fruits and veggies every day. It helps offset the snacks and meats I eat too much of. I must be doing something right cause the docs don't know why my cell counts are improving. I have been short on pie for a while though!:clap::clap:

luvs
04-30-2012, 12:33 AM
chix meatballs/a variety of dipping sauces. also seasoned fries & english cukes/cherub tomatoes, all w/ ranch 4 dipping-

pirate_girl
04-30-2012, 12:41 AM
That looks really tasty, Aubs.
I made salmon salad this morning, and put it on a large croissant, for my work lunch.
Took some baby carrots, celery and radishes in a little zip lock bag.
Key lime pie yogurt too.
It beat the hell out of going to a fast food joint, or having chinese again LOL

luvs
04-30-2012, 01:46 AM
thanx, lollie~ it was a pleasant change, & the meatballs were surprisingly moist.

yummy lunch! especially the crossaint sammich.

JEV
04-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Fettuccine Alfredo with homemade basil-egg-whole wheat fettuccine, broccoli bits and grilled chicken breast. DW's super salad and fresh brownies round out the meal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Dinner%20Pics/Dinner042912.jpg

JEV
04-30-2012, 07:31 PM
I found a short slab of boneless ribs in the freezer so I bathed them in lemon juice and put a rub on them. Cooked on 300F for a couple of hours and made up some of my home fried potatoes with seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, tossed in butter & olive and some basic seasonings. Added the Sweet Baby Ray's when served, and some Frank's hot sauce on the taters, just because that's the way I like my fried taters. DW made her killer salad and that was dinner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Dinner%20Pics/Dinner043012.jpg

muleman
04-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Nuked some of the home made lasagna and will have some real good cake the old woman made for the wife's birthday.

TiredRetired
04-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Tomato soup with grilled Ham & Cheese sammies.

Leni
04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Grilled American kobe beef patties with broccoli and corn on the cob.

pirate_girl
04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Same here, only no ham on the grilled cheese.

luvs
05-01-2012, 01:35 AM

we loved that as weekend lunches as kiddos. sometimes my Mom would sub jumbo, & i'd decline- not a fan of baloney.:doh: i need to get some isaly's chip-chop ham soon.

TiredRetired
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Same here, only no ham on the grilled cheese.

we loved that as weekend lunches as kiddos. sometimes my Mom would sub jumbo, & i'd decline- not a fan of baloney.:doh: i need to get some isaly's chip-chop ham soon.

We know how to eat, don't we! :smile:

JEV
05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Salisbury steak, mashed taters, corn and pan gravy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Dinner%20Pics/Dinner050112.jpg

muleman
05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Got some of that today. To go with the sweet lebanon bologna and swiss cheese the wife brought home.:clap:

muleman
05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Salisbury steak, mashed taters, corn and pan gravy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/Food/Dinner%20Pics/Dinner050112.jpg
I could eat that right now Joe.:clap::clap:

JEV
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I could eat that right now Joe.:clap::clap:
No you couldn't..I already ate it all and left no prisoners.:yum:

I have not had Lebanon Baloney since my brother lived in Harrisburg, PA over 30 years ago. What a treat that was.

muleman
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Folks that never had it don't know what they are missing. That pink stuff from Oscar Mayer etc. is just hot dogs in a different shape. The real good stuff is made with honey. After eating york county deer bologna for 50 years I can't handle what they make up here.

TiredRetired
05-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Lebanese food in general is outstanding. I try to make many of their dishes with varying degrees of success. Kibbeh was my latest attempt and it came out very good, a little flawed, but overall good. I concur, Lebanese Baloney is supurb.

muleman
05-01-2012, 06:43 PM
What I am talking about is real Pa. dutch food from Lebanon,Pa. Not that stuff from folks who eat more of camels and goats than I can stomach. I have butchered and eaten goats and it ain't bad but I never tried to cook the stuff most folks throw away.:whistling:

TiredRetired
05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
What I am talking about is real Pa. dutch food from Lebanon,Pa. Not that stuff from folks who eat more of camels and goats than I can stomach. I have butchered and eaten goats and it ain't bad but I never tried to cook the stuff most folks throw away.:whistling:

Oh, misunderstood. However, if you consider fine cuts of lamb and beef throwaway food, please throw it my way. It is very expensive. Traditional old world recipes with first world quality meats and ingredients are fine culinary experiences. To each his own, I guess. :wink: Some folks like wine with dinner, some folks like dinner with wine. Everyone is different.

muleman
05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Oh I have cooked and eaten plenty of it. It is the strange stuff they make with intestinal parts etc. that I cant handle. It has to look like meat and be cooked right for me to eat it. We raised goats and milked them for almost 10 years so I have eaten it enough. Raised and ate rabbits for a while also.