PDA

View Full Version : The Prairie Oyster

Deadly Sushi
09-17-2008, 12:22 AM
http://www.chow.com/assets/2006/09/rcp_cocktail_prairieoyste_210x290.20080915215004.j pg
by Rob Chirico

The picture says it all!

INGREDIENTS

1 whole egg
1 ounce vodka
2 dashes of vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ketchup
2 dashes of Tabasco sauce
Pinch of salt and pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
Carefully crack the egg into an old-fashioned glass, taking care not to break the yolk. Add the remaining ingredients and drink in one gulp.

Bobcat
09-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Whew! I was afraid it was gonna be a Rocky Mountain oyster. :pat:

Erik
09-17-2008, 12:29 AM
what a horrible thing to do to perfectly innocent vodka!

Dollie
09-17-2008, 12:32 AM
After all the pain and suffering that poor chicken had to go thru squeezing out that egg, and THAT'S what it comes down to :confused2:

American Woman
09-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Whew! I was afraid it was gonna be a Rocky Mountain oyster. :pat:
I was wondering what an oyster came from out of a prairie :whistling:

Bobcat
09-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Sushi, wanna go flying?

YouTube - Hot Chick in airplane

Erik
09-17-2008, 01:13 AM
I was wondering what an oyster came from out of a prairie :whistling:
yeah.
we always called them "lamb fries"

American Woman
09-17-2008, 01:16 AM
yeah.
we always called them "lamb fries"
Lamb fries???? This is one of those questions I know I should ask:blink: But can't help it :mrgreen:

Deadly Sushi
09-17-2008, 03:56 AM
Sushi, wanna go flying?

Awwwwww MAN!!!!! that was DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

I saw a Food Network show today with this Ted Allen freak that was on how to cure or whats best to cure a hangover. Hence the Prairie Oyster. When he said it I thought the same as you! Testicles!!! :mellow:

Erik
09-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Lamb fries???? This is one of those questions I know I should ask:blink: But can't help it :mrgreen:

well, if "mountain oysters" are fried calf bits, I suspect you can guess where "lamb fries" come from. After all, I wouldn't want to steer you wrong...

Tractors4u
09-17-2008, 09:07 AM

There was a movie with Chevy Chase, "Funny Farm" I think it was. He is at the local diner and has just set the town record for eating the most lamb fries. Then he eats another and they right the new number on the board as one old man says, "most people don't have a taste for testicle this days" and then Chevy spits it out. Of course it's better when you rent the movie.

American Woman
09-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I didn't see that movie....I was just wondering what animal in the pararie Lamb fries came off of :shock:

Erik
09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
lambs?you know, baby sheep?

American Woman
09-17-2008, 12:05 PM
A Prairie lamb? Lambs are on the Prairie? When I think of prairie I think of a lot of dirt and heat. And Lambs are happily bouncing in green grassy meadows or pastures.
Now your telling me that people eat their little testies?

Av8r3400
09-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Sushi, wanna go flying?

YouTube - Hot Chick in airplane (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTlehCXjTbo)

OH MY GOD, THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY!!!! :rolf2:

:rolf2: Not such a 'Hot Chick' when she's covered in barf! :rolf2:

Tractors4u
09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
A Prairie lamb? Lambs are on the Prairie? When I think of prairie I think of a lot of dirt and heat. And Lambs are happily bouncing in green grassy meadows or pastures.
Now your telling me that people eat their little testies?

What about Little House of the Prairie? It was grassy and meadowy! Prairie Dogs? They aren't necessarily in the desert. :yum:

darroll
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
What about Little House of the Prairie? It was grassy and meadowy! Prairie Dogs? They are necessarily in the desert. :yum:

Don't tell anyone as they will try eating their (so called) testies too.

:hide:

Deadly Sushi
09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
There was a movie with Chevy Chase, "Funny Farm" I think it was. He is at the local diner and has just set the town record for eating the most lamb fries. Then he eats another and they right the new number on the board as one old man says, "most people don't have a taste for testicle this days" and then Chevy spits it out. Of course it's better when you rent the movie.

One of my favorite movies! Well.... on the top 70. :smile:

American Woman
09-18-2008, 12:37 AM
What about Little House of the Prairie? It was grassy and meadowy! Prairie Dogs? They aren't necessarily in the desert. :yum:Ok, OK! I get it now.....gross:rolf2: