• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Office 2007

AndyM

Charter Member
Does anyone else here find the differences in Office 2007 from the earlier versions to be annoying, or do you find the changes to be improvements for the better?

I get frustrated trying to find where things are in 2007. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has these issues. :hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does anyone else here find the differences in Office 2007 from the earlier versions to be annoying, or do you find the changes to be improvements for the better?

I get frustrated trying to find where things are in 2007. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has these issues. :hammer:

I totally stayed away from 2007 because of what your experiencing. My daughter who started out with 2007 gets mad when she uses my computer with 2003. I think with time you will get to like it but you may have to bang your head a few times.

murph

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Yeah, it's frustrating but after awhile you'll find it's a pretty decent software with a lot of improvements.

BoneheadNW

I have office for mac 2008 on my laptop compared to office for mac 2004 on this computer. I will not save my word, excel, or powerpoint files to the new version. They suck.
Bone

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We're using Acredno Medical Software at work now and making some system changes from another version.
Talk about pulling your hair out by the roots!
I miss the days of simple MARS and TARS- books-files-paperwork, and leaving it at that.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It definitely is different, but I have been able to navigate around it for the most part.

D

darroll

I find that you have to right click on 2007 to find the icons that I’m looking for. Spell check stinks. But Vista and word 2007 gets the job done. Don’t try and read a file with 2003 that was written by 2007.
Good luck. d

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
At home I use something I feel is as good as Office. And its free!!!

Its called Open Office 2.4 http://www.filehippo.com/download_openoffice/

I tried Open Office on two different occasions. About two years ago and now just about two months ago. It is ok but not cross compatible as it says. Too many times when trying to open a document or excel spread sheet it says "Can't open file", then it says to try and pick from one of the following formats and I try them all and none work. So I gave up on it. Not worth messing around with.

murph

AndyM

Charter Member
I tried Open Office on two different occasions. About two years ago and now just about two months ago. It is ok but not cross compatible as it says. Too many times when trying to open a document or excel spread sheet it says "Can't open file", then it says to try and pick from one of the following formats and I try them all and none work. So I gave up on it. Not worth messing around with.

murph

There are several features in open office that are different from MS Office and quirky enough to get me annoyed when I'm using it... it's very hard to switch between them on two different computers.

sherwood

I find it really annoying as I am use to the old layout and I don't like change much. Although it does look nice.