• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Beijing 2008 - More than the Games. A TV milestone.

richfolkes

Here in Australia, the Beijing Olympics will be a milestone in television. Before I continue, I'll provide a small outline of Australian TV history.

September 1956 TV makes its debut in Sydney Australia
March 1975 Colour TV is launched Australia wide.
2001 Digital TV launched in Australia.

Now, here are the Olympic milestones in Australia:

1956:
The Melbourne Olympics (XIV Olympiad) is the first Olympic Games to be broadcast on Australian TV.

1976:
The Montreal Olympics (XX1 Olympiad) is the first Australian broadcast of the Olympic Games in LIVING COLOUR.

2008:
The Games of the XXIX Olympiad at Beijing in 2008 will be the first Olympic Games to be broadcast in High Definition TV.

So, the Games at Beijing are a TV milestone. A great moment in sporting history.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
A lot of good that will do on my standard TV. Until a 42" screen comes down to around $600 Im not changing.

richfolkes

Deadly Sushi said:
A lot of good that will do on my standard TV. Until a 42" screen comes down to around $600 I'm not changing.

I only have a regular 68 cm telly hooked up to a standard def box. A 42 inch (106 cm) with an HD tuner built in would be nice in my home.