• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ketchup?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I think it's a regional think.

Do you put ketchup on stuff like hot dogs, hamburgers, fries?

What do you put ketchup on?

Myself, I don't put ketchup on anything.

Not related to ketchup (but thinking of dogs, burgers...), I don't put pickles on anything either. I only eat them plain.

For fries, no ketchup. Salt (and a little vinegar now and then).

I can't stand to watch people do it but I've seen people put ketchup on their steak, pork chops....

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Burgers>>> Somtimes
Brats or Dogs>>> Always
Fries>>>> depends on what kind and where from.... fast food fries, never; sit down home style restaurants and others yes

Steack and chops... NEVER.... better not need anything...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I will put ketchup on a few things. But not all the time. I may put some on a steak but the next time I eat steak I won't.

My son, will put it on everything, even onion rings and batter fried fish. My daughters will too. My son's in laws bought him a case of ketchup for his birthday one time. At a restaurant he will go through a whole bottle by himself.

murph

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've never used it. I always thought that if it needed ketchup to disguise the taste, I probably didn't want to eat it anyway.

I have a friend who covers everything in it. I don't mind on hamburgers and such but when he pours it on a beautiful piece of meat ....ugh.

American Woman

Site Supporter
I eat ketchup on burgers, and IF I eat a hotdog I will put ketchup, and depending on the fries if I will eat it on them, but mostly not. Steak and porkchops it depends on how dry they are.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Ketchup: Fries, Brats, Meatloaf, sometimes a roast beef sandwich

NEVER on a hot dog -- that is taboo for sure!

None better: Hot Dog Chicago Style

Ketchup on a Brat? WTF! NEVER!

Mustard goes on the Brat - no ketchup. I'm not so sure about the Roast Beef Sandwich - that gross!:shock:

If ever brought up again, I will deny it to the bone, but I am with Gator here..... I am NOT a mustard fan so Ketchup on the brat for sure. Now that I have agreed with Gator let anarchy reign.....:bonk:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
If ever brought up again, I will deny it to the bone, but I am with Gator here..... I am NOT a mustard fan so Ketchup on the brat for sure. Now that I have agreed with Gator let anarchy reign.....:bonk:

Hey agreeing with Gator isn't a bad thing.. It just gives us all something to harrass you about. Fun starts here. :rolf2:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Ketchup on a burger, maybe with mustard; fries, yes. I prefer mustard on meatloaf, but will resort to ketchup if I have to.

Steaks get a little salt if anything. (Not a fan of steak sauce either unless the wife cooked the steaks. :hide: )

Chops, maybe BBQ sauce.

Chicken, also maybe BBQ.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Occasionally I'll use ketchup on fries. Almost always on burgers except for the A-1 steak patties we get from Market Day. A-1 sauce inside the patty mmmm mmmm good.
Ketchup also on hot dogs and brats. Of course the burgers, brats and dogs also get a little mustard.
I don't use anything on meatloaf. I've had ketchup on scrambled eggs too, but not anymore, just salsa.
My wife puts ketchup on her home made beef and noodle soup. Somethings wrong with that girl, or somethings wrong with her soup :mrgreen:

Oh yeah...........the mustard and ketchup have to go on the hot dog/brat buns first, then the meat. I don't like getting it all in my mustache :dizzy:

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I use ketchup on the usual-Hot dogs, burgers, sometimes on fries. Never put it on a steak or chop. My wife uses it on lots of stuff. Unfortunately, we have to import our ketchup. We can't get Brook's Tangy here, so my daughter has to pick it up in Louisville and bring it down to us. Hutch

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I rarely eat hot dogs, but when I do it will have ketchup, mustard and some chopped onion. Same for brats and that's it for ketchup.

AndyM

Charter Member
Ketchup on nothing.
BBQ sauce on a lot of things :chef:.

I do not voluntarily put ketchup on anything. However, for the sake of speed, I'll eat it on such things as a McDonalds hamburger, only because it's already on it.

Hamburgers at home have mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, and cheese. French fries get salt only or cheese, occasionally dipped in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like to use Heinz Sweet Chili Sauce in place of ketchup, it's got a slightly different delicious quality to it.
It's not in the least bit spicey.. just has more flavour.
I like it on oven roasted potato wedges, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, veggie dogs and burgers.
psssst Sushi, try a baked potato /c bbq sauce and cheese..yum-o!:smile:

Last edited: