• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is your favorite snack?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you have a favorite snack food?

I do. Little Debbie Nutty Bars. For those who haven't tried them they are wafers with a smigin of peanut butter in between the wafers and lightly covered with chocolate.

What's yours?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
cheese popcorn

Speaking of popcorn my wife makes it 'special' sometimes by microwaving the popcorn. Melt a stick of real butter and pour over the popcorn and then sprinkle plenty of graded Parmesan cheese. Ummmm good. :thumb:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Main snack - Peanut Butter - by the spoonful.

Nutty bars are good - but I eat them too fast for some reason.

I like popcorn when it's cooked on the stove - melt a stick of butter in a pot and then add the popcorn and keep the pot moving until done. The butter gets a little caramelized when cooking and it's extra good.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of popcorn my wife makes it 'special' sometimes by microwaving the popcorn. Melt a stick of real butter and pour over the popcorn and then sprinkle plenty of graded Parmesan cheese. Ummmm good. :thumb:
That's the stuff!
I also like to sprinkle a little garlic powder on as well, or a cajun type seasoning.

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Hey Doc, me too! I keep a box of Little Debbie Nutty Bars at home, and a box in my toolbox at work.
I love popcorn also, but I've got some issues with gums and teeth, so the hulls get in there and cause too much agony for it to be worth eating for me very often. Hutch

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There seems to be a few fans of Nutty Bars, so....
Guess this might taste pretty sinfully delicious, you think?

Attachments

• Nutty Bars.JPG
    Nutty Bars.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 130

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

I do. Little Debbie Nutty Bars. For those who haven't tried them they are wafers with a smigin of peanut butter in between the wafers and lightly covered with chocolate.

What's yours?

Doc, did you know the new Butterfinger Crisp bar tastes darn close to your beloved Nutty's? lol

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Enough with the nutty bar talk - The box says something like six servings but I only ever seem to get one serving out of a box? :doh:

American Woman

Site Supporter

What's yours?
I love these frozen :wink:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
1. Peanut butter

2. Vanilla Stout

3. Death by Chocolate - a store out here carries ice cream by that name; yum!

4. Oatmeal Stout

5. pickled garlic... yum. keeps the vampires away!

6. a nice Porter

7. fresh bread made with some of the grains used for brewing one of the above beers. If anyone else here homebrews, try using a little of the mashed specialty grains in a bread recipe. yum yum yum!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
1. Peanut butter

2. Vanilla Stout

3. Death by Chocolate - a store out here carries ice cream by that name; yum!

4. Oatmeal Stout

5. pickled garlic... yum. keeps the vampires away!

6. a nice Porter

7. fresh bread made with some of the grains used for brewing one of the above beers. If anyone else here homebrews, try using a little of the mashed specialty grains in a bread recipe. yum yum yum!

just keep rubbing it in why don't you? :(
that just keeps sounding better and better...

the rest sound pretty good, too.
add sweet/hot pickled jalapenos to the mix and you'd have the perfect party tray!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
What's Stout? :blush:
pitch black, thick beer.
often slightly sweet, complex flavors, not watery, bland, or bitter (unless you're drinking Guinness in a bottle in the states - bleah)
sometimes a bit chocolatey. (such as mackeson's XXX)

in general, beer with actual nutritional value and good flavor.
not that I have any bias on the subject...

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
It don't sound good to me
what kind of beer do you like?
I personally don't like the majority of the american style lagers (busch, bud, coors, etc...) because they don't have any flavor - but they're still bitter tasting.
ales - of which Stout is a type - don't have as much hops in them, and so aren't as bitter.
what's odd is that there's a type of beer called "bitters" - that often isn't.

of course, if you don't like dark beer, that's OK by me - because it means i can drink yours! ;)

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It don't sound good to me

Oh, they are wonderful!

They tend to be higher alcohol content. The one at the local brewery is 8%! You typically do not slam one; they are nice sipping beers. They tend to be complex, with a rich texture and hints of yummy flavors; chocolate, espresso, caramel, vanilla...:chef: The ones I have brewed have been in the 7% alcohol range.

Here are some quotes:

"a dark brown color with a light creamy head formation and an assertive vanilla nose. There is a fair amount of roastiness however combined with sweet nutty malt notes, a bit of chewy caramel, and of course some strong notes of vanilla. More of that roasty bitterness can be discerned in the nicely balanced finish"

"Beautiful as it settles in the glass, with the last of the sawdust beads leaving the body black and strengthening the krausen-esque, one-inch, thick tan foam cap. Simply lovely to look at. Dry black patent, espresso grinds and semi-sweet chocolate greet the nose. A Madagascar vanilla bean sweetened smoothness lies underneath the darker contributors, along with an accent of toasted coconut shavings. Full flavored milk chocolate gets a healthy dose of vanilla and hazelnut cream, eventually taking on a café cooler character, conjured up with the help of its friend Frangelico. Lactic milkiness contributes delicatessen chocolates, slowly dispersing throughout the palate. Swiss chocolates and coconut sweetened macadamia nuts fork from the vanilla bean project. Oats get slightly blackened and then melded into white chocolate milk. Gentle matching bitterness lets the roasted barley do most of the harsher coffee bittering flavor connotations, but all-in-all, it’s a smooth and balanced performance. Vanilla beans get plucked out of Frangelico crème in the end, and then rolled into an Oreo piecrust made especially with choice mocha java grinds. A slight lactic chocolate sourness grabs at the corners, but it’s a well-appreciated curvature to the tongue."

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Ale....Now, there's a subject that I like :D

local brewery here is Triple FFF (As Frank tells me, its stands for Franks Flushing Fluid). Their beers are named after Led Zep tracks. I believe 'Dazed and Confused' was one I got stuck on at a festival. @over 12% it didnt take much.....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Frozen green Grapes ! Really nice on a hot summer day .