PDA

View Full Version : cucmbers = bleah

Erik
06-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Dinner tonight was a bacon wrapped filet mignon (rare), new your style cheese sausage, hot link, twice baked potatoes made from scratch, salad, lemonade, and an ice cream sandwich.
unfortunately, what i thought were onions in the salad were actually cucumber pieces, so for the past 2 hours i've been reliving that part of the meal.
it wouldn't be so bad if I remotely liked cucumbers in any form other than pickled. (and since i discovered bread and butter jalapeno slices, I'm not even going after pickles so much any more)

no point to this, just wanted to whine.

Ice Queen
06-17-2008, 03:12 AM
I am told that there are two varieties of cucumber, the 'burp' variety and a non 'burp' variety, it is obvious which one you had. I don't mind cucumber, but I hate celery, so you have my sympathy for what it is worth! Hope you feel better by the time you read this.

Erik
06-17-2008, 03:46 AM
actually, both of them do it to me.
and you have my sympathy on the celery thing - my wife is actually allergic to the nasty stuff.

PBinWA
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
It's Onions for me - any time I eat onions I end up re-living them for hours afterwards.

thcri
06-17-2008, 11:41 AM
It's Onions for me - any time I eat onions I end up re-living them for hours afterwards.

I won't eat onions unless batter fried. Any other form and I get sick on them. Two nights ago my wife fried some in a pan and stunk up the house. The smell got me so bad I had to go outside.

Doc
06-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I love onions. :D But cucumbers are another story. They give me the worst heartburn so I stay clear of them unless they fool me like they did you Erik.

My wife makes a cucumber salad with vinegar and onions that is GREAT. And I can eat those with no heart burn side affects. Go figure. :confused:

pirate_girl
06-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Guess I'm an odd one.
I love cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches... love onions raw or batter fried, and cucumber and onion salad too ( a big summer time thing around here)

pirate_girl
06-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I love onions. :D But cucumbers are another story. They give me the worst heartburn so I stay clear of them unless they fool me like they did you Erik.

My wife makes a cucumber salad with vinegar and onions that is GREAT. And I can eat those with no heart burn side affects. Go figure. :confused:

:thumb: I bet the vinegar tames your stomach acid..;)

Abby
06-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Doc's right, it's good stuff! Recipe follows:

2 cucumbers sliced extremely thin (use a mandolin slicer)
1 onion sliced the same way

Cover with cold water and 4-5 tablespoonfuls of salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain but do not rinse. Add equal parts sugar, water and vinegar. I like to cover the cucumbers completely so I will add 1/2 cup of everything listed above. It's a good summertime side dish.

American Woman
06-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Cover with cold water and 4-5 tablespoonfuls of salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain but do not rinse. Add equal parts sugar, water and vinegar. I like to cover the cucumbers completely so I will add 1/2 cup of everything listed above. It's a good summertime side dish.
This sounds good to me too :thumb: I love onions any way they come, and cucumbers.
So Eric you still got the "farts" in class today :yum:

rback33
06-17-2008, 06:03 PM

:pat: My wife makes and eats this like there is no tomorrow. Between the onions and raw radishes she eat. Oh and hard boiled eggs. I am the one that pays for it in end.

Cityboy
06-17-2008, 06:33 PM
:pat: My wife makes and eats this like there is no tomorrow. Between the onions and raw radishes she eat. Oh and hard boiled eggs. I am the one that pays for it in end.

Are you accusing Princess of excess flatulation? :fart2::fart1::fart: Everybody knows women don't fart.:liar::rolleyes:

rback33
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Are you accusing Princess of excess flatulation? :fart2::fart1::fart: Everybody knows women don't fart.:liar::rolleyes:

Me? Never :hide:

We all know they don't fart or burp, therefore they must BITCH.:whistling:

I expect to feel the Radish wrath tonight....:censored:

Erik
06-17-2008, 11:56 PM
This sounds good to me too :thumb: I love onions any way they come, and cucumbers.
So Eric you still got the "farts" in class today :yum:
pbttt...
not farts -- belches.
cucumber flavored ones.
and they cleared up by the time i went to breakfast -- guess they couldn't compete with the scrambled eggs, diced taters, melted cheese, and salsa i had...

Trakternut
06-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Around here, the cuke salad is made much the way described above, except, instead of the dressing mentioned here, cream, thinned with a bit of milk, w/a tad of sugar makes the topping. Damn! I'm hungry again!:unsure:

Erik
06-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Guess I'm an odd one.
I love cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches... love onions raw or batter fried, and cucumber and onion salad too ( a big summer time thing around here)
I've known that for months - it's part of why I like you. :tongue:

pirate_girl
06-18-2008, 01:35 AM

:mrgreen:

Trakternut
06-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Erik, hitting on two of the gals in FF at once is really in bad taste. 'Sides, I want 'em both, myself! :neutral:

Erik
06-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Erik, hitting on two of the gals in FF at once is really in bad taste. 'Sides, I want 'em both, myself! :neutral:
you think I'm hitting on 2 of the ladies here?
only 2?
:whistling:

Trakternut
06-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, two that I'm aware of. How many others are there???

rback33
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, two that I'm aware of. How many others are there???

Yeah well... He may be hitting on them, but they are SHOOTING back. :gun2:

American Woman
06-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Are you accusing Princess of excess flatulation? Everybody knows women don't fart. :flowers: That's right!

they don't fart or burp, therefore they must BITCH.:whistling: Yeah, I saw this.......Men bitch when they don't get laid :mrgreen:
It must have been Ice Queen or Abby because no has hit on me in here:bb:
Now my feelings are hurt:sad:

rback33
06-18-2008, 05:30 PM

Ah honey.... :love:

Trakternut
06-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Women can't fart. Their mouths don't say shut long enough to build any pressure!!!!

rback33
06-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Women can't fart. Their mouths don't say shut long enough to build any pressure!!!!

OMG. I just :rolf2: so hard I had to explain the entire thread to princess. I even got by with the vague insinuations....:punk:

thcri
06-18-2008, 10:06 PM

Well, your not to far from our place, how about coming over to our place for supper some night. I thinks I can prove you wrong cause around here both happens :folf2:

rback33
06-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I saw this.......Men bitch when they don't get laid :mrgreen:

You have obviously never had a SRH. :shifty:

American Woman
06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Ah honey.... :love:
Ok.....now I feel flirted with

:angry: Well, I never!
:slap:
You have obviously never had a SRH. :shifty:
SRH :confused2:

rback33
06-18-2008, 10:47 PM
SRH :confused2:

Semen Retention Headache:whistling:

Erik
06-18-2008, 10:48 PM

now i'm feeling a bit insulted.
you didn't notice me flirting with you?
or redneck offing me bodily death and perforation?
DANG! my technique must be slippin'!

and even i know better than to hit on Abby - doc would probably banish any pieces she left...

American Woman
06-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Semen Retention Headache:whistling:
No.....but that explains why you would be bitchy :bangin:
now i'm feeling a bit insulted.
you didn't notice me flirting with you?
or redneck offing me bodily death and perforation?
DANG! my technique must be slippin'!
and even i know better than to hit on Abby - doc would probably banish any pieces she left...[quote=Erik;]
The only place you talked to me you were saying you didn't have the farts, but the burps, and mentioned what you had for breakfast.....You were flirting? I'll try harder to catch it next time.

Erik
06-19-2008, 12:06 AM
No.....but that explains why you would be bitchy :bangin:
[quote=Erik;]
The only place you talked to me you were saying you didn't have the farts, but the burps, and mentioned what you had for breakfast.....You were flirting? I'll try harder to catch it next time.
not this thread.
sheesh -- and you're the one who brought up farts. :yuk:
and I'm still trying to bleach my brain of the mental images from your wedding night...:hammer:

but if you don't want me flirting, I can try to stop - but my post count's not gonna climb very fast any more...

American Woman
06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
but if you don't want me flirting, I can try to stop - but my post count's not gonna climb very fast any more...
:ohmy: I was upset because you DIDN'T flirt! Go ahead .....up your thread count...flirt away!:mrgreen:

Erik
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
:ohmy: Go ahead .....up your...!:mrgreen:
oh, baybee!:punk:
you know all the right things to say to a guy.:wub:

izzat better?:mrgreen: