PDA

View Full Version : What is it ??

BigAl
06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
OK ! I asked this question on Doc's Food forum and those so called cook Dingaling experts don't have a clue :huh:.
Do You ???

Blondie
06-13-2008, 03:29 PM
No!!! And your hint over there didn't help either :)

DaveNay
06-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Cacao pods.

BigAl
06-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Cacao pods.

Oh your good ..... Very good

DaveNay
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh your good ..... Very good

With all do respect , I do believe that is MR. Very good to you .

You old guys just don't give us youngins no respect :furious:.:w00t:

BigAl
06-13-2008, 07:45 PM
With all do respect , I do believe that is MR. Very good to you .

You old guys just don't give us youngins no respect :furious:.:w00t:

Sorry Sonny ....... I won't let it happen again . :glare:

Yes folks , Thats where the chocolate in your candy bars comes from . In a pure form it is very concentrated . A little goes a long ways .

pixie
06-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Are they ripe ?

Are you going to roast and eat them ?

Tell us more !!!!

terbear1963
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
[quote=BigAl;169071
Yes folks , Thats where the chocolate in your candy bars comes from . In a pure form it is very concentrated . A little goes a long ways .[/quote]

Tell us more PLEEEEEZZZZZ:mrgreen: I luv Chocolate yummmmm!!!!:chef:

BigAl
06-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Are they ripe ?

Are you going to roast and eat them ?

Tell us more !!!!

Well if you crack one open ,you will find a lot of oval seeds about 1" long . They are covered in a white/milky membane . It looks like cow brains inside one . The kids love the sweet membane ,so do adults .It taste kinda tart and nothing like chocolate . You don't eat the seeds . The seeds need to be fermented for a while ,then roasted and ground into powder . "Waa Laa" you have Chocolate .

This was a guarded secret when the "new world" was discovered and for many years only Kings and Queens and a few priviledge few knew of this wonderful concoction .The Chocolate secret along with a few indians to make the chocolate were bought back to Spain and presented to Queen .

Thats why she is so fat in the painting you see of her today :chef::shifty:!!!Chocoholic!!!!!!

DaveNay
06-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Al, I just got off the phone with the US Dept of Agriculture, and they want to know how you managed to get those fresh fruits through customs last time you came back from Panama. I gave them your direct number so they could contact you shortly.

BigAl
06-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Al, I just got off the phone with the US Dept of Agriculture, and they want to know how you managed to get those fresh fruits through customs last time you came back from Panama. I gave them your direct number so they could contact you shortly.

Sorry but you LOSE . That picture is taken on my deck in Panama ...:mrgreen: