• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Digital Projectors

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Digital Projector. I want to use it at our company for training. I noticed some compared ratings by size of room it will be used it. Our training room is 20 x 40. I want to limit my price to around $600.00

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Murph,

How portable do you need? Is it going to stay in the office or do you need to travel with it?

I bought an Epson MovieMate awhile back. I haven't hooked it up to the computer yet but as I recall the 30s model is also setup for computer connect as a projector.

It's a bit more bulky than a normal projector but that's because it has built-in speakers, DVD player... so it's great to take home or elsewhere and use as a home entertainment center.

Might be worth a look.

Brian

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I will find it on the web and look at one. I will be doing a lot of traveling with it.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
check CDW.com - they have a wide variety and I'm thinking the mitsubishi's we bought for the office were in the $600 price range.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
check CDW.com -

I will have to check them out. I have an account there but about 6 years ago we kind of got into it and I haven't gone back. I will have to check and see if I can find my old account ID. I know I use to go to www.cdw@work.com or something like that.

murph

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I've had my moments with them, too - where I caught my salesman either quoting me a more expensive piece of equipment or "forgetting" to apply contract pricing. After a few emails with his supervisor that stopped, and my current salesman seems to be pretty on the ball.

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will find it on the web and look at one. I will be doing a lot of traveling with it.
The Epson MovieMate I mentioned is not travel friendly. The one I have is about the size of a mid-sized microwave + the external subwoofer. It would be fine for in a office but I wouldn't want to carry it around much.