• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vista SP1 go for launch on March 18

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ladies and gentlemen, fire up your automatic updates; Vista SP1 is set to be delivered via Windows Update, tomorrow, March 18. Microsoft doesn’t believe that Service Packs are an important milestone any more but try telling that to the throngs of users disappointed with Vista.
vistasp1.jpg

Many are predicting that with the release of Vista SP1, the OS may finally be seen as a serious competitor in the business world. With many enterprises and business customers perfectly happy with XP, they saw no need to upgrade to Vista. Their programs work, their hardware works but all that will change with Vista; even if it has SP1.
The Vista SP1 update is reported to be available on March 18 with retail copies hitting store shelves on March 19. According to Computer World, Microsoft said it had to delay the release of Vista SP1 because of problematic drivers that didn’t work properly after the upgrade. Systems that have those specific drivers install will not receive the Vista SP1 update. The company refused to state which drivers were causing the problems.

http://wannabegeek.org/

jwstewar

Microsoft decided to wait for the Automatic downloads until April. I downloaded it and just it. Took about 2 hours to install. I know this laptop needs RAM (it only has 1 Gig) and I also installed from a flash drive. So far so good, but then I just finished - about 10 minutes ago. It does seem to be faster, especially boot-up and downloading stuff from the Internet on the AirCard. I'll keep you updated as time goes on.