• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Apple or PC? YOUR computer!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
What kind of computer do you own? Dont be afraid of giving the specs of your rig. :thumb:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Pc laptop for internet surfing.

Mac for work and anything serious I need to do.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At my desk is 2 laptops and a desktop. All are Dell's. I use one of those little boxes that allows me to use a single external monitor/keyboard/mouse and hot-key to the different machines.

Behind me is the family's desk. There's 2 more Dell desktops and a HP desktop. All Windows based machines.

There's other PC's scattered around the house but they don't get used much (as they're not internet connected).

Right now, 3 of the PC's are being used as both kids (6 & 10) and myself are online.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
1. Windows 2000 Server
1. Linux Proxy Server
18. Workstations

2. Laptop at home
2. Workstations at home

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
iMac 20" basic model - daughter
iBook 14" basic model - wife
PowerBook 12" with extra memory + superdrive (extra computer, rarely used)
Macbook Pro 15" with extra memory + superdrive -mine

Apple Airport Extreme Base Station + 1 Airport Extreme repeater
Samsung Color Laser printer
HP B&W laser printer/scanner/copier/fax

jwstewar

Used to have a bunch of different stuff before the house fire, now we just have one laptop.

It is a Toshiba Core 2 Duo T5500 processor w/ a gig of RAM. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium. I really like Vista. I'm pretty happy with it. I like it much better than the new Mac OS. I do need to bump the RAM though. I will probably max it out to the 4 gig when I do.

Once we get moved back into the house we will start replacing the stuff that was lost in the fire including the kids' laptops and our desktop machine. I still like the desktop as it gives me a place to sit down and "work." It is nice being able to spread paperwork out on the desk if you are working on restoring photos or whatever.

urednecku

Site Supporter
Dell desktop, not sure what's inside, but was about $1200 about 3 1/2 yrs ago. Had the dial-up modem replaced 4 times the first year. (DSL was not available) The video card went out, they changed out the HARD DRIVE AND THE MOTHER BOARD. (DELL suport sucks)(after that, I don't think I will have another DELL:moon:)

ACER lap-top (from WallyWorld) we bought to use while dell was tring to figure out the video problem. We don't like the VISTA on this one.

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
Dell Dimension 8250 desktop.
They're both dinosaurs and I'm trying to talk myself into replacing them.
Hutch

HulaMac

Kisses-Hulamac.jpg

15" 1.8 GHz Power PC G5 desktop
12" 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Book