• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Problem uploading images

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been using Firefox browser for a year or two now. For some reason I'm now having problems uploading images. This has been going on for a couple weeks. My way around it was to reboot and wala I could upload images as normal. Now even rebooting doesn't work so I'm going to have to find the root of the problem.
The symptom is that the VB window for uploading images allows me to browse and select an image to upload. I cllick the upload button and wait but it never uploads.
Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

edit to add:
I have the same issue with IE browser. Must not be a Firefox issue, just VB on this computer. But what the heck is it? I can FTP files just fine, but can't upload images in VB.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Re: Firefox problem uploading images

Doc,

I have not been able to upload anything other than *.jpg files for about 6 months. If it is a *wmv or anything else I can not upload it using Firefox or IE. You even one time upgraded the size of the *.wmv file and I still can not upload it.

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

This is a .jpg file I'm fighting with. I caved and took the file to another computer and uploaded it just fine. So I know it's an issue with this laptop.

I know some .wmv's will not upload. I think you sent me one of yours so I could try it and I had the same problem. I'll ask if others with VB are having the same issue.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter

No ideas for the jpgs, but another tangent:

I get streaks where I can't load [not upload] .gifs when opening this site - even if I do wait for them all before trying to log in. The paypal one 3rd from the right at top is 50% of the time, else pictures in posts and sometimes even avatars [I seen it stuck on my own once!] put it into "non-responding" mode.

Sometime shutting down helps, but I haven't found that more repeatible than trying a half dozen different threads from the previous day's history.

Mabye 25% no problems; 50% second or third attempt [after closing out the nonresponding window - and everything else for good measure], and anther 25% is a bugger.

No problems at work [don't seem to have trouble from my wife's laptop either], which has been way too much of my time lately anyway, but while there I'm reluctant to participate much, especially in the less PC threads.

Any ideas there? Thanks!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Have you tried both Firefox and IE Spiffy?

Since I have the problem with both, I'm considering reloading the OS which is XP. No big deal to load XP, but I'm dual booting with Linux. That has to be completely reloaded AFTER XP is loaded.....so I'm procrastinating.

If reloading isn't a big deal for you, you might try that Spiffy.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter

Have you tried both Firefox and IE Spiffy?

I hadn't tried Firefox lately [actually not at all since last reinstalling XP on this machine].:pat:

Seems a bit slow [maybe try to track that down later], but much less annoying than freezing up IE. Thanks! :tiphat:

I really should reload, but always reluctant: even though not really a big deal, I like to plan a free afternoon for it, just in case I run into speedbumps.

What flavor of Linux? Of course, as often as I've planned to load Linux, I'll probably stick to XP only: my intended uses for this machine, and actual uses of it are nearly bipolar. :smileywac

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

On the laptop I have Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS4. That is what runs on most of the systems I support. I also run CentOS (A RH derivative).

I'm thinking of turning one of my workstations into a Zen virtual server and running both RH and CentOS on it. If I do that I won't have to dual boot the laptop, but I would have to get more memory for the workstation. Decisions decisions.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
No problem here using latest Firefox, ver 2.0.0.12.

P1000069r1flowerTestTiny.jpg
(FlowerTest jpg, 1.8k)